At least 42 provinces now have entry restrictions for travellers

webfact

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

Again Chiang Rai is not on the list? If you are from a Red zone you have to self isolate for 14 days. 

Where do you see that? For CR

Bai tio!!!  Let's everybody make a rush up to Chiang Rai for a holiday while the door is still open.  It's a party!

Obviously this is all very difficult to enforce and quite ineffectual.  A former maid of mine went off to a nephew's ordination party in Buriram saying she wasn't worried about Buriram's quarantine policy for folk coming from Bangkok, as she would just tell them she came from Korat. Job done. 

• Like 1

so now all those travelled out for Songkran.....what they supposed to do?

would make a lot more sense to announce such least 1 day ahead, so ppl have chance to re-arrange plans, etc.

i was to drive upcountry on Friday, was already fearing it would be tough to come back if i do....now that issue is solved as cant go.

bunch of idiots really.

feared to restrict Songkran travel for the public backlash, now do the same mid-Songran while most ppl in a different province, and the restriction doesnt have much a positive result anymore, being little too late as all the Bkk cluster got spread now. just crazy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ddbanksy said:

"So where is this information available?"

Phone home,that's my wife's answer (btw not my idea of forward planning)

You can't put a male western brain in a Thais females head,i've tried for 20 odd years,no chance

You can't put a male brain into any females head anywhere in the world .

• Like 1

Maybe while they are at it, they can get the personnel out of those tents playing on their phone all day suppose to be check points for drunks?

Never seen anything like it, is there no pride, shame in these government workers it goes on year after year so often they they seem to take pride in sitting and doing nothing.????

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ddbanksy said:

"So where is this information available?"

Phone home,that's my wife's answer (btw not my idea of forward planning)

You can't put a male western brain in a Thais females head,i've tried for 20 odd years,no chance

Have to agree with you about the brains but it is not just limited to Thai females.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

As of Wednesday, at least 42 Thai provinces now have some form of entry restrictions for travellers from so-called high risk locations.

There were no road blocks on Highway 11 into Chiang Mai when I passed through yesterday.  It would be interesting to know if they are actually enforcing quarantines anywhere or just paying lip service.

• Like 1