At least 42 provinces now have entry restrictions for travellers

webfact

8 hours ago, GeorgiaDawginThailand said:

So...my family and I live in Chiang Mai, but we drove down to vacation in Pattaya. Anyone know if it's possible to drive back up right now?  We have 2 little ones, but I'm willing to make the drive in a day if we need to...

As of yesterday there were not Covid road blocks in Chiang Mai. 

I suppose the biggest problem after deciphering what the rules are for the province you are entering based on the province you're coming from is will that tally with the police who stop you on the road and will probably have their own idea.

7 hours ago, QPRFC said:

Wake up at 2pm, scratch the usual parts, two farts, grab a breakfast beer and stroll down to the local hospital, pay 2,000 or whatever baht and sit in a room full of people who think they are infected with Covid-19, if you aren't then you will be by the time you leave the hospital with the all clear result of the rapid covid test.

You then become a statistic of a negative test and you go an infect the rest of your community and drinking colleagues.

Beer for thought.....just grab a second breakfast beer and stay home!

Beer for breakfast?? No wonder so many people have drink problems. Now here's a thought, if everybody in the world did not drink alcohol, or were sensible drinkers, what would the Chinese virus statistics be? Now let's see all the saddo emoticans.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, GeorgiaDawginThailand said:

So...my family and I live in Chiang Mai, but we drove down to vacation in Pattaya. Anyone know if it's possible to drive back up right now?  We have 2 little ones, but I'm willing to make the drive in a day if we need to...

Of course you can drive back home (particularly in private car).

There is no word about travel prohibited.

It's only about: what happens if you arrive and stay.

My bet: either nobody noticing or local health volunteers visiting, doing interview, taking temperature, advice to avoid contacts for a few days and wishing a good day.

Driving that long distance in one day is not fun but probably you should take the challenge.

Leaving before sunrise. Enough breaks on the way.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Wow it is great that Songkran is not 14 days long.  In the Thai mind,....  no promblem.  Just go up country to 

family and back, and do not admit being from any of the red zones, either.  See no problem!

Geezer

Whilst I can see the point you are making, you can not blame the up-country people 100% from wanting to go home to see their families at Songkran. Remember the advice from the  PM prior to Songkran was indeed for people to travel. It was that stupid advice from that idiot that was to blame in the main.  Whilst those travellers must shoulder some of the blame for believing this buffoon in the first place, a nation is, after all, lead by the PM or should be.  It just so happens that here they are led by somebody, whom for the safety of all others, should be locked up ????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:15 AM, possum1931 said:

Beer for breakfast?? No wonder so many people have drink problems. Now here's a thought, if everybody in the world did not drink alcohol, or were sensible drinkers, what would the Chinese virus statistics be? Now let's see all the saddo emoticans.

When you see the sad emoticans, you know who has the drink problems ????