Australia - Thailand

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your point? I have extended family in Melb, where I was born. My 2 adult sons didn't complain about the lockdown. They have the intelligence to see it was for greater good. BTW both lost their jobs.

Google ...short term pain for long term gain.

All caused by an inept Andrews governments pathetic hotel quarantine arrangements

Lock down over 100 days and your sons on job keeper, no?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm Oz and I'm not kicking up a fuss. Australian new cases is very low.

The one month lockdown in Melb Au was when the daily numbers for that city reached almost 1000. Now they are zero or minimal. The situation in Melb was 100% due to returning citizens/residents.

Along with lax hotel quarantine.

Screenshot_20210418-165623.png

Cherry picking facts to suit your narrative. The Melbourne lockdown was not one month it was 112 days or 16 weeks. The original case was from hotel quarantine but the major issue was that people were not isolating after testing positive. The majority due to the fact they had no available income support so continued to go to work. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are MANY reports of Au citizens leaving Oz and arriving in Thailand.

The advice as to reason for travel is "long term holiday/stay" from reports seems to be best option.

The affidavit comment is surely a joke.

Many reports ? Care to share sources ? Exemption to travel is based on compassionate grounds. Long term holidays hardly fits that criteria. I have not heard of a single case of people being granted exemption for general travel. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Many reports ? Care to share sources ? Exemption to travel is based on compassionate grounds. Long term holidays hardly fits that criteria. I have not heard of a single case of people being granted exemption for general travel. 

Google "permission to leave australia thaivisa" Make sure to include thaivisa at the end to obtain postings. One example attached

Screenshot_20210418-174950.png

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Google "permission to leave australia thaivisa" Make sure to include thaivisa at the end to obtain postings. One example attached

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

borderforce requirements this year are much more stringent than last year and simply "longer than 3 months" doesn't cut it anymore. read their website re stat dec, accompanying evidentiary documentation, compelling reasons, compassinate reasons etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bvor said:

borderforce requirements this year are much more stringent than last year and simply "longer than 3 months" doesn't cut it anymore. read their website re stat dec, accompanying evidentiary documentation, compelling reasons, compassinate reasons etc.

You are right Bvor, took 2 applications for myself to get an exemption in the last month.

Much more difficult now 

2 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

You are right Bvor, took 2 applications for myself to get an exemption in the last month.

Much more difficult now 

So you obtained exemption. Care to share secret to success for others in same situation?

2 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Much more difficult now 

yeah some of their rejections are plainly improper, there is little or no transparency eg they claim insufficient information....... despite the contrary which eventually gets approved after multple applications. appears that they have some sort of quota system. some of the rejections that i've read about are really unfair.  

6 minutes ago, Bvor said:

yeah some of their rejections are plainly improper, there is little or no transparency eg they claim insufficient information....... despite the contrary which eventually gets approved after multple applications.

So what's the time frame and how many does "multiple applications" mean?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

So what's the time frame and how many does "multiple applications" mean?

consistency is not their style probably depends on the sentiment of the day. multiple applications have been reported up to 3 - 4 (?). i forget to be sure...... read falangs stranded in australia facebook forum........ numerous reports there for 2021.  secret of success can be complex cos of different case officer attitudes. i am no expert but full compliance with their website info would be a good start. if you are like me and don't have what they require.......sorry no can help.     

31 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Much more difficult now 

How did you get your exemption? , I got declined last week . I'm a dual Aus & UK citizen ,and stated on my Stat Dec that I no longer had any employment , family or property ties in Australia anymore ,and wanted to return to join my close family in the UK for at least 3 years. So therefore no risk of wanting to comeback to Aus and bringing the virus with me.

And Home Affairs came back to say I didn't have a " compelling reason" to leave.

Did you get an immigration lawyer to submit you application? , as that's what I'm thinking of doing next.

I was in the same boat, my Thai partner lives in Thailand and I in Australia. We haven't been able to see each other since November 19, though we did chat on Facebook Messenger every morning and night. 2 weeks ago she passed away a week after a simple operation. I would have done anything to be with her again. We had a beautiful 5 years together and she was only 49. I feel like my world has come to an end and don't know if I could handle going back to Thailand when she is not there. 

• Sad 7

On 4/18/2021 at 8:08 PM, provan69 said:

I was in the same boat, my Thai partner lives in Thailand and I in Australia. We haven't been able to see each other since November 19, though we did chat on Facebook Messenger every morning and night. 2 weeks ago she passed away a week after a simple operation. I would have done anything to be with her again. We had a beautiful 5 years together and she was only 49. I feel like my world has come to an end and don't know if I could handle going back to Thailand when she is not there. 

I'm so sorry to hear man. I hope you find the strength  to get through this difficult time. 
RIP to your beautiful wife x

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, provan69 said:

Thank you friends for your kind words, much appreciated 

On 4/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, Marcomilton7 said:

44 yo. Looking to stay as long as possible. Getting out of Australia is the biggest hurdle 

If you're really determined, and not worried about possible fines by your government, you could always take a detour via NZ. There have been reports that some Aussies use this loophole.

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

If you're really determined, and not worried about possible fines by your government, you could always take a detour via NZ. There have been reports that some Aussies use this loophole.

Don't expect to return to Oz anytime soon. However imagine those using loophole have zero plans to return.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Cheep Charly said:

Still so much unknown. There have now been 6 people who where fully vaccinated by a variety of different vaccines that have tested positive to the virus in hotel quarantine. No information on if they are symptomatic or not. 
The vaccine rollout here is a debacle. 5k shots administered in NSW yesterday at 2 shots per person  it will be 2030 before the borders open. 
I went for my first Pfizer jab on Thursday. It was a typical public service debacle. Ten people standing around managing the public waiting for shot but the could not get any order too it. The person calling the names could not read English so no one knew who they really were. 

• Sad 1

So, has anyone heard, or experienced anyone actually successful in escaping Australia through New Zealand?

I read an article today, saying

" Its an embarrassment that Australians are now having to escape Australia via the back door of New Zealand"

Which kind of implies people are doing it but doesnt state it as fact.

But In any case, I cannot see the government jailing people for 2 years or fining then $65k for trying to visit family overseas ( or whatever be the reasons)