Bank Standing Orders

Is it the banks responsibility to make a payent to a company or does the company request the money every month and because there is a  standing order the bank pays it.

I pay  Aetna (BUPA) 12,000 Baht a month for my medical insurance. When I went to the cash machine this morning I noticed that there was 12,000 Baht more in there than I expected. The payment is normally due on the 15th of the month. Do I query it with the bank o with Aetna.

Where did you set up the payment?

One is a standing order that you set the amount date etc with your Bank. The other is a Direct Debit, that the company submits from signed forms usually for a fixed amount on a certain date.

However dont forget the bank closures for Holiday periods which may effect some automatic payment systems.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I set it up with Aetna (signed form in their office) so I guess it's a Direct Debit.

Then my money would be on the Aetna end on holiday and didnt process the request. I would contact them an ensure your cover is still in place and them to correct the issue.

As this is Monday and the first day back, wait to see if it corrects itself today, if not contact tomorrow.

• Like 1

I went to the bank today and it's been paid. It was obviously due to the Songran Holiday. As a coincidence I checked my phone shortly afterwards and had a message from Aetna.

I thought I don't believe this but it was just a message to tell me I can have a free Flu jab if I want one. Pity it's not the one that I want.

• Like 1