Thai police chief "Big Pat" gives his men a big pat on the back for their Songkran efforts

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's chief of police Pol Gen Suwat "Big Pat" Chaengyodsuk gave a hearty thanks to all his men for their sterling and tireless efforts at Songkran.

Now the long holidays were over he said in a communique that all assigned objectives had been met.

These were to ensure the safety of the public and their property, maintain order, ensure the flow of traffic, limit accidents and ensure Covid-19 rules were followed to the letter, reported Daily News. 

Suwat thanked his exhausted men for their boundless sacrifice and wished everyone his heartfelt blessings for now and into the future.

He also passed on the grateful thanks of PM Prayuth and DPM Prawit. 

Daily News made no attempt to juxtapose the statistics related to this year's Songkran holidays in their article publishing the chief's comments without comment of their own. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-19

• Haha 2

I believe Phuket had only 1 road fatality during Songkran week (and a couple injuries). That's gotta count for something, as everytime I drove through a roadside checkpoint, nobody was doing anything but playing with their phones. I wonder if the results would have been the same without all their strenuous "effort."

And I was expecting a much more corpulent police chief.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Hearty thanks !! For what, sitting playing on their phones, cause that was the hardest thing they did over songkran, unless they count pocketing money from motorists as work.????????????????

Their phones are not the only thing they play with! ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thailand's chief of police Pol Gen Suwat "Big Pat" Chaengyodsuk gave a hearty thanks to all his men for their sterling and tireless efforts at Songkran.

Ridiculous!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He also passed on the grateful thanks of PM Prayuth and DPM Prawit. 

Over the top ridiculous!

• Like 1