Visa Agency has me registered in another province

Last year I used a visa agency to obtain a 3-month non Immigrant O visa and 12-month retirement extension, along with subsequent 90-day reports. The agency's service was very efficient but now I'd like to go it alone. The problem is, I live in Bangkok but the visa was issued by an Immigration Office in another province. How can I re-register in Bangkok?

A few details: I own a condo and have a yellow tabien baan.

Thanks in advance for your guidance and advice!

hi,

as Ubon said just go and do TM30. Although im not sure they will mumble about it little bit or not because they might feel like you are doing it late. But there wont be any problem. 

If you need another agency contact me in private i will suggest you mine. They also do in another city but really no headache. 

9 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

Also, with the TM30 online service not working, is there any other way to submit a TM30 form besides going to the Immigration Office?

It is possible to do it by mail at some offices. I know Bangkok immigration does them by mail but not sure about others.

No need to give them your previous address when you do a TM30 report.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ludlow said:

The TM30 form I downloaded seems to ask your "present" address as well the new address. (The form is from 2018, not sure if it's been updated or not.)

The present address is for the person completing the TM30 form.

Further down the page is where address of the person being reported.

Both can be the same if reporting yourself as the possessor of the residence being reported.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The TM30 process for change of address is not the difficult part. 

For you to ".....go it alone."  You would need to use and agent again OR have planned ahead and have money in bank requirements or income method in place now. My guess is that you have not? OR if borders open you would exit without a reentry permit then reenter visa exempt preferably a land border. That won't happen. 

Edit: OP, just realized that you may have had financials in place and just used agent to guide/help you. Doubt it though as the extension was obtained up country. More details would clarify your options

Your edit is correct -- I have the financials in place and originally used an agent to guide/help me (actually, it was out of desperation at a time when there was so much Covid-related confusion last year -- I needed to stay in Thailand and was quite ignorant about the entire process).

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The present address is for the person completing the TM30 form.

Further down the page is where address of the person being reported.

Both can be the same if reporting yourself as the possessor of the residence being reported.

Thanks -- very helpful (as always).

29 minutes ago, Ludlow said:

Your edit is correct -- I have the financials in place and originally used an agent to guide/help me (actually, it was out of desperation at a time when there was so much Covid-related confusion last year -- I needed to stay in Thailand and was quite ignorant about the entire process).

Excellent. The process for annual extension at CW is a very simple process, especially using money in bank method.

If you search google "annual retirement extension report thaivisa" you will excellent report from  thaivisa poster.

Be aware that at CW you can make an appointment. Be advised that this works a treat and you are seen straight away. You will receive a confirmation email. Make sure that you do a print out of that email.

On the lower level you will find all the banks except for SCB. Obtain your bank letter at same time making small deposit. Have photocopy of your bankbook pages for previous 12 months. Small tip ask the bank teller to photocopy the last page of your bankbook to show this deposit. BTW if you need any photocopying there is stall on the level with banks. I used to to print out my confirmation email. You just forward it to there email and bingo they print it out.

Other details are outlined in the report I mention above. This the link for appointment.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent. The process for annual extension at CW is a very simple process, especially using money in bank method.

If you search google "annual retirement extension report thaivisa" you will excellent report from  thaivisa poster.

Be aware that at CW you can make an appointment. Be advised that this works a treat and you are seen straight away. You will receive a confirmation email. Make sure that you do a print out of that email.

On the lower level you will find all the banks except for SCB. Obtain your bank letter at same time making small deposit. Have photocopy of your bankbook pages for previous 12 months. Small tip ask the bank teller to photocopy the last page of your bankbook to show this deposit. BTW if you need any photocopying there is stall on the level with banks. I used to to print out my confirmation email. You just forward it to there email and bingo they print it put.

Other details are outlined in the report I mention above. This the link for appointment.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Thanks. That's enormously helpful. (Too bad my bank is SCB, so I guess it won't be so convenient to get a bank letter the same day.)

Incidentally, how strict is CW about TM30?

10 minutes ago, Ludlow said:

Thanks. That's enormously helpful. (Too bad my bank is SCB, so I guess it won't be so convenient to get a bank letter the same day.)

Incidentally, how strict is CW about TM30?

I have never been asked for a TM30 doing annual extension CW. 

There is an SCB branch not far from CW. Some will advise you of exact location. 

Edited by DrJack54