Setting up a Company in Thailand

Ron CM

Hello everyone,

I plan on setting up a company here in Thailand to carry out small time manufacturing and then exporting globally... what is the easiest and quickest way to set up a company? 

I am an Aussie, and my spouse is Thai.

I look forward to your comments. 

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I strongly suggest you speak to a qualified professional, who not only advise on company but may also assist in directing you toward required work permit/visa status etc

Hi Charlie, Thanks for the advice, I have been in contact with different Lawyers and accountant firms, but there is conflict with the information they are giving me, some say there has to be 4 Thai Directors and me, others say 1 Thai director and me, on the 51% to 49% ratio of ownership, that's the only thing these companies offer that they agree on.

Currently i am on an extension based on Marriage, i would assume i can keep that status when running a company...   or is it necessary to switch over to a Business Visa? Again my question to these companies who say they can set up a company -- some say keep existing extension, but others say i must switch over to a business visa. 

Just remember the official legal answer is not always the actual and  "in practice" answer. Sadly too many will see you and immediately take the beneficial route for them, not you !

Therein lies the issue, get a referral to a "decent" firm/person.

Your current status enables you to tack on a work permit I believe, whereas a "retirement" would not. Ask your questions in that forum too, you can make an informed decision.

Our Visa section of the forum will guide you on your options in that regard.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Just remember the official legal answer is not always the actual and  "in practice" answer. Sadly too many will see you and immediately take the beneficial route for them, not you !

Therein lies the issue, get a referral to a "decent" firm/person.

Your current status enables you to tack on a work permit I believe, whereas a "retirement" would not. Ask your questions in that forum too, you can make an informed decision.

Our Visa section of the forum will guide you on your options in that regard.

Thanks Charlie, i will pursue that course you suggested, we are friendly with the Local mayor here, i will seek his advice on which company i can trust. 

Cheers.