Retirement extension

13 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Slightly off topic, but I did my 90 day report at Jomtien last week.  They put a stamp on my receipt to remind me my extension was due in May. (Actually they called it a visa).

A nice touch I thought.

I did mine on Monday at Phuket. Got a "VISA EXP." followed by the date handwritten at the top of the receipt.

Maybe someone lost the stamp.

I did my Retirement extension last week. The only difference from previous requirements was proof of address. Yellow book or driving licence, which necessitated another visit, resulting in a visit on a Friday to collect my passport and do my 90 days. The place was packed. I asked for the usual '90 days' queue number. They took my passport and was told to wait outside under the awning. After approx 15 minutes the young lady came out and called the numbers. It was a bit like Bingo! I got my passport, but on checking on my way out saw that I had not received  my 90 days. I managed to accost the young lady and explain. It's very fortunate that I checked. She took my passport. Then another 15 minute wait and Bingo! success. This is not a rant. All the staff were very polite and helpful as they have always been with me. They just have to follow the rules laid down by the faceless ones.