PM insists 61 million doses of COVID vaccines this year should be enough for Thailand

webfact

38 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

It maybe. Alot of people here are asymptomatic. If the right 50% are vaccinated first. 

Somchai in Nakorn nowhere doesn't need to be vaccinated first.

And where do most of the support workers who prop up the tourist industry come from? Think you'll find most of them come from Nakorn Nowhere thats why they there cos they are poor and there is no work for them in Nakorn Nowhere. And like we just seen where do they go when they not working in the tourist industry?  Nokorn Nowhere. Get it?

Edited by starky

Other countries are already looking at a third booster jab at the end of 2021. UK for one. This is to cover for any mutated strains. Has Thailand put orders in for this. Indeed will their AZ vaccine which they plan to make here even be given the OK when tested? I thought originally it was said it would take a while to he given the OK when first made here.m

Edited by Chicken George
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, starky said:

And where do most of the support workers who prop up the tourist industry come from? Think you'll find most of them come from Nakorn Nowhere thats why they there cos they are poor and there is no work for them in Nakorn Nowhere. And like we just seen where do they go when they not working in the tourist industry?  Nokorn Nowhere. Get it?

Your argument would hold more water if there wasn't still 100,000+ people from Nakhon Nowhere still in Pattaya etc. 

Many choose to sit it out with their friends than tap rubber trees, or watch rice grow,  in Nakhon Nowhere. I know some who may have gone home but have no money to do so. 

• Like 1

Mrs got her 1st jab this morning. A choice of sinovac or nothing.

I believe there's 30k doses set aside for medical staff in this 5 province region and all the regions have been allocated their doses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Glad you feel so confident with your statement . My local government hospital has 40 beds we have already got 7 Covid patients in the past week until SONGKRAN we had been virus free from the start . It is my understanding that these 7 patients all came from Bangkok wait until next week when the hospitals throughout the Kingdom will be unable to cope especially with the lack of ventilators 

I don't know if you looked around you while you where outside , but thailand never had a shortage of ventilators they are everywhere . 

the 61mln is the previous figure, based on 59mln AZ and 2mln sinovac.

Since then the government wants private hospitals to import 10mln.

For the last few days the government is in talks for import of up to 10mln pfizer.

That would be 81mln.

Unless they really think, that the locally made AZ will be a flop, barged with quality issues and delays.

Still, good try to safe face

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

Clearly, maths was never his thing. Does he even know how many people are living here? 

I think his counting ability begins and ends with snouts at the trough!

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Your argument would hold more water if there wasn't still 100,000+ people from Nakhon Nowhere still in Pattaya etc. 

Many choose to sit it out with their friends than tap rubber trees, or watch rice grow,  in Nakhon Nowhere. I know some who may have gone home but have no money to do so. 

Plenty have gone home. Why aren't they in Pattaya at the moment? And when will they go back do? Maybe when the tourists start coming back ya reckon?

Regardless of all that it should be the Thai government priority to insure the safety of its citizens over opening Phuket and Pattaya as much as I would like to see a return to normality. 

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Important word in that statement is procured ! Not delivered, and not in the arms of people.

Honestly cannot see Thailand opening this year with these people currently in charge of vaccine purchase and roll out

At least 1 years behind the rest of Asia and no chance or inclination to catch up .the writing is on the wall for the long term recovery of Thailand if ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, starky said:

Population of Thailand is what again? And what is the recommended coverage to get near herd immunity? 70%, 80% more?  Hmmmmm.

And using the Chinese vaccine which is about 50% effective.

Doesn't look too good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"PM insists 61 million doses of COVID vaccines this year should be enough for Thailand"
–Hmm, another news article today says that...

"Thailand will procure an additional 35 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from other 2 or 3 companies, on top of the 65 million from Sinovac and AstraZeneca, according to a post on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Facebook on Wednesday morning."

It makes good sense, as 65 + 35 = 100/2 = 50 million people can be vaccinated – more if some of the extra vaccines are Johnson & Johnson's Jansen-vaccine – and that equals 74 percent of the almost 68 million population (according to latest count), and more if it's calculated only for grown-ups, as children are still not part of vaccination programs.

1 hour ago, starky said:

Plenty have gone home. Why aren't they in Pattaya at the moment? And when will they go back do? Maybe when the tourists start coming back ya reckon?

Regardless of all that it should be the Thai government priority to insure the safety of its citizens over opening Phuket and Pattaya as much as I would like to see a return to normality. 

Those you refer were already 'up there' ... much reduced numbers traveled back for Songkran, many/most have headed back - some, certainly, may delay their return until bars etc open again.

Like you, I am in no hurry to see a return of mass tourism. I would probably write Pattaya off for this year because of a combination of Thailand's Covid meaures and a likely unwillingness for many to travel at the moment.

Phuket could work and see no reason why it shouldn't open up 1st October subject to adherence to the proposed criteria.

Rag on the US response all you want.  but.....    Death rates of major countries   are.    US  1.8%     France 1.9 %  Russia  2.3 %   UK  2.9% and Germany 2.6%....  Do the math divide the deaths by the infected..   Not the Population

I’m living in France but from the UK originally, the vaccine rollout here has been painfully slow, I’m getting my first jab (Astra Zeneca) on Friday at the local nurses office, the problem here is supply, they get maybe enough to do 40 people then wait for another batch to arrive, if France are struggling with it god knows how Thailand are going to cope, looks like Thai airways will be extending my ticket validation again...if they don’t go bust before I get to use it...