Motorbike hits an illegally parked car. Who is at fault?

6 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

keysersoze276 -

How did you manage to get into Thailand?

We know he didn’t ride his motorbike !... ????

He mentioned he’d been in Vietnam...  land boarders are closed, so I imagine flight with CoE and ASQ.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

We know he didn’t ride his motorbike !... ????

He mentioned he’d been in Vietnam...  land boarders are closed, so I imagine flight with CoE and ASQ.

Can anyone enter Thailand ?

That isn't my understanding.

Vietnam only admits 4 categories - Diplomats; Specialized worker with employment; forget the other 2.

EDIT - Investors (minimum amount required); Still can't remember the 4th category.

Edited by JimmyJ

7 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

And I never claimed to be in control of a vehicle.  I stated clearly that I was standing next to it holding it up while it was idling

HaHa. So you have to be sitting on the bike before you are in control of the bike? Sorry. Who put the key in the ignition? Who started the engine? Who failed to control it when things went awry? If it was, as I suspect, you, then you are legally responsible for everything the bike does. The simple fact that you don't recognize these truths implies that you shouldn't be in control of something you are unable to control.

13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I had two girls on an old Fino crash on the road to my right, as I was waiting for traffic to clear leaving the market. They slid down the road, and hit the lower RH corner of my front bumper.

Lots of yelling, finger pointing, etc. I called my insurance company and they arrived promptly.

Police came, white paint on road showing location of my car and the crashed bike. Took all the details - DL number, ID card number, etc from me.

Girls had no helmets, no insurance, no tax, bald tires, etc

Met with the cops the next week, I gave the girl driving the bike 2000 THB, girl passenger 1000 THB, documented with fotos.

Insurance taking care of the rest.

All names entered in a giant book at the police station, we all signed, finished.

You paid them? What on earth for?

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 10:50 PM, keysersoze276 said:

Anyway, case closed.  I negotiated with he insurance and paid 8,000

Glad that you were able to get the answer to your own odd question that everyone here also answered correctly for you, i.e. yes, you were liable.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

You've already stated on open media that you dented the car. You were the operator of the offending vehicle. So, it's reasonable for any sane person to assume you're fault.

Hence you're enthusiasm to obfuscate your culpability.