Bank deposit slip for retirement extension

37 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Using the CDM machine?  I won't use them now since I had one screw up completely and overwrite a page of entries that was about 70% full rather than

Works for me.  Just a suggestion.  I update my “visa” bank account book every month on the machine.  Even if I don’t have any activity.  Once  I went about six months without updating and the period got consolidated into one transaction.  Luckily it was not in a critical 2 month /?3 month period.  Everyone has their own system that works for them.  It just takes time to figure it out.  

I report to CW.  

I do the minimum 65k transfer every month and get a credit advice for each transfer.   The day before I report to immigration, I get a monthly statement signed and also get my bank statement that I have an account in KBank. I also zerox 2 years of every page of my bank books as well.

I have never had a problem. 

Just make sure your have all your insurances in place as that will set off a catastrophic event that you really don't want to be a part of.

I've always had by bank guarantee letter done the day before so that it matches my updated passbook and bank statement. I pre-schedule an online transfer for the day I go to Immigration and call by an ATM to have that transaction updated to my passbook. Never had a problem doing it this way.

I also used to do the bank document the day before I went for the visa. On that day I withdraw some money from an ATM machine and keep the slip. It shows the balance and in combination with the letter from the bank it was always accepted.

You can now make an appointment on-line, so bank and visa are possible the same day. And don't forget, you need a statement going back as far as one year.

1 hour ago, LivingNThailand said:

Works for me.  Just a suggestion.  I update my “visa” bank account book every month on the machine.  Even if I don’t have any activity.  Once  I went about six months without updating and the period got consolidated into one transaction.  Luckily it was not in a critical 2 month /?3 month period.  Everyone has their own system that works for them.  It just takes time to figure it out.  

For sure.  Yes I do mine every month too, yet another thing added to the things to do list.  Funny I'd read before about a guy having a problem with a book being over typed by the CDM machine so I thought I won't do that again.  Went the next time and there was a long queue inside so thought, just this one time more.  Sod's law, problem.  Never again.

23 hours ago, watthong said:

the 100baht deposit and updated my balance to today as well.

I deposit 100 baht and then immediately withdraw 100 baht on the day I go to Immigration.  That way the balance in the passbook matches the balance stated in the letter. 

23 hours ago, watthong said:

Question: does it have to be a deposit done at the bank in order to produce a deposit slip/receipt? I am thinking of for tomorrow doing a deposit (transfer from another account) from my tablet then going to the bank just to run the bank book through the update machine in order to have it on record. In other words, would the update shown on the bank book sufficient? Or does the officer really really want to see the deposit slip/receipt?

It's depending of your local immigration office.

Normally/often the procedure is a letter from the bank confirming the balance of the account and a three month bank account statement. Furthermore signed photocopy of all pages in your bankbook. Update/bank letter & statement is normally accepted from the day before and up to 7 days days before, depending of the local immigration office's regulations.

Here is the list from "my immigration", which however might not be the same for yours, #5 is about bank statement and #6 about the bank book...

imageproxy.jpeg.2039e26aaf57f3bf9ed4bc2b

• Thanks 1

As noted every immigration is different!  But at Jomtien here is what I do every year 3 years straight since using the bank statement.

The day before I apply for my extension I go usually between 1-2 PM,  I make a deposit of 1000 baht once the book is update I ask the teller I need a letter for immigration 100 baht.  All I get on the letter is the balance now I take it to a copier and make copies of all the pages just in case but I take the last page with the recent deposit and enclosed it with the letter and my application.

Never have I been question of the time line, I don't know about " same day "  to me I go by 24 hours!  I go to immigration the next morning always first or second in line out in 10 minutes ( sure that is anal? does calling yourself anal get you a timeout? ) ????

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, watthong said:

Re "the day before" I had mine accepted in Chaeng Wattana no question asked.  But now I'm in the outback, aka Samut Prakan, I feel the need to be more "diligent" just in case...Anyway re bank letter I thought it could go back one week (ie one week old max) - it says something to that effect (in Thai) on Immig website.

Are you using the 800k/400k bank balance method for proving finances? Or are you an Australian, American or Brit using the 65k monthly income method (in lieu of a non-existent embassy income confirmation service these days)? This could make all the difference regarding immigration office timing requirements for account confirmation letters, passbook updates, etc. For instance, at my local office (Rayong), I have been solemnly assured by those using the bank balance method that the relevant banking documentation has to be obtained on the same day as a retirement extension is applied for. In my experience (as a Brit using the monthly income method), though, they have (to date, at any rate) raised no objection to this documentation being obtained the day before. Presumably the rationale for the "same day" requirement in the case of the bank balance method relates to the need to ensure full compliance with seasoning requirements - which do not, of course, apply in the case of those using the monthly income method.

• Thanks 2

On 4/21/2021 at 8:17 PM, fishtank said:

Bank letter and bankbook has to show the same balance on the same day.

They will probably accept it being done the day before.

Notice I said "probably"

not sure why you have a problem i get my account bal. on friday then monday or tuesday i go in never had a issue

On 4/22/2021 at 5:49 PM, Dick Z said:

you need a statement going back as far as one year.

No, at CW you don't. A copy of the bankbook pages going back at least one year is enough (but for safety try to get every transaction printed). Some banks (at least the SCB office in Big C CW) provide a statement for the previous 3 months. Went for my extension (RE) yesterday, no problem. 

Also seems strange that a transaction done at the day of extension (required by many IOs at CW) would not show up in your bankbook. At least if you do the update at the bank it will show up and you furthermore get a receipt (note this is for SCB, may differ at other banks). Updating at an ATM (this unrelated to extensions) has not worked well for me, the machine simply refused to work, or it was completely unreadable as they do not refill/replace the toner frequently enough.

I have an account with CitiBank. They don't have a bank book, so I need a statement. In November 2020 at Chaeng Wattana it needed to be one year back. If the statement is from the day before I go to CW a slip from the ATM machine for a small withdrawal showing the balance is acceptable together with the statement.

Hope its ok to post this on this thread

I have had a SCB account for years even though I haven't been living here. Managed to get one years ago when it was easier and have used it ever since on holidays. I have just come on a non imm O to live permanently  and updated my passbook. It is missing absolutely loads of transactions and in the main they are all between Xmas and April this year. It seems to have just grouped a load together. That's the time I was topping up to the required amount. It shows I am above the amount needed but not for how long.

My question is. Do Immigration use the bank statement as proof of the transactions? I assume a proper statement will show everything. And do they just use the bankbook as a means to check the current balance or will I have to go into the bank and ask them if they can correct the error in the book? If the latter I don't hold out much hope.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to update your bank book on a regular basis to have all the transactions shown. 

Immigration will accept a bank statement if your bank book is not up to date.

Many thanks Joe

I presume most people only open a bank account when they come permanently and so on their first visit to Immigration they will only have had an account for a couple of months. What is required by Immigration on that first visit to change from the non O to marriage or retirement?

1 minute ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

What is required by Immigration on that first visit to change from the non O to marriage or retirement?

To apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai or retirement you need a letter from the bank confirming your account and a updated bank book showing 400k baht in the bank for 2 months for marriage or 800k baht for retirement.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, SEAsia Traveler said:

Phuket immigration will only accept a statement (from me) dated the same day.

My Bangkok Bank branch can only produce a statement one day in arrears...in other words, dated the previous day. Even if I deposit 100 baht, it won't show up on the statement until the next banking day, so says the branch.

Anyone had success with Bangkok Bank producing a statement dated the same day?

Yes. I have . The girl on the counter took less than 5 minutes to do it.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, portlandtree said:

not sure why you have a problem i get my account bal. on friday then monday or tuesday i go in never had a issue

As it has been said many times in this forum, and inferred this thread, it depends on the office you deal with.

Phetchabun Office will not accept a bank letter or book update that is not dated on the day of your application, yes your statement showing the balance is the day before but that is not a problem provided the statement was issued on the day of your application.

To answer the original question - I have never been asked for a deposit slip, what is in the account passbook repeated in the letter of ownership is adequate, so far.