Chances of foreigners over 60 getting covid 19 vaccination

steveb6

21 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Private hospitals are going to Import there own Vaccines so dig into your own Pocket and have your own choice of Vaccine which i am told will be around 2000 - 3000 Baht , i say money well spent instead of hanging around for a free Chineese or Russian Vaccine..

All my family back in the U.K. have had the AZ vaccine with no issues that’s the only vaccine I will allow to be put into my arm the Chinese vaccine is only 50.4 % reliable as for the Sputnik it’s rumoured that the Russians got into the Oxford data base and produced the product just to call it a different name even if it were true I wouldn’t take the chance of having it !.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, polpott said:

Cof E required from Thai embassy. Covid test, $100k covid insurance and reason to return currently required. Can be done online. Not a problem. Hopefully not more than 7 days quarantine.

".... Hopefully not more than 7 days quarantine." But don't forget you can enter and get the 7 days quarantine as long as your vaccination was completed 14 days before entering LOS. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 3:05 PM, polpott said:

Will be stopping off at the pub opposite my house before starting my quarantine. Pint of Stella and full monty on order. I believe that GPS signal is unable to differentiate between my house and the pub beer garden. 20 yards apart.

GPS Signal?...Its the local grasses in the pub you should be worried about..

• Like 1

A Thai business woman, friend of my wife  sent her a phone message yesterday, it was from Samitivej  Hospital, asking if you would like to register for  the Covid Vaccine,   also  how many people,  & what vaccine you would prefer... it mentioned nothing about  being Thai nationa,l or  Farang.. my wife registered herself plus one..... ..me i hope  lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

".... Hopefully not more than 7 days quarantine." But don't forget you can enter and get the 7 days quarantine as long as your vaccination was completed 14 days before entering LOS. 

Is that a fact? It's still very difficult to get back into Thailand.

15 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I'm going to presume foreign diplomats have all been vaccinated. How? Once the home front is adequately vaccinated, could not embassies vaccinate their citizens abroad?

No. How? Why? By whom? Where? With what? At what cost? Paid for by whom?

21 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I'm going to presume foreign diplomats have all been vaccinated. How? Once the home front is adequately vaccinated, could not embassies vaccinate their citizens abroad?

At least as far as the US embassy is concerned they have "diplomatically" made it clear that while their mission to to protect the welfare of all US citizens while abroad, they can not do this and you need to turn to in-country resources for vaccination information.  I have issue with this policy for sure.  Maybe it will change but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

Sheryl (one of the star moderators) is providing pretty detailed information on current status on "paid" vaccinations from hospitals, and promises to update as more information becomes available.  Good thread to follow IMO since she is an excellent source of factual information. 

Check the thread out at:  https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1214789-covid-vaccination-at-private-hospitals/

Edited by WaveHunter

8 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Jeez, dips were vaccinated at govt expence in Cambodia. 555555555555

By your embassy? I was responding to a suggestion that foreign embassies would vaccinate their own nationals....Is that what happened to you? If not your reply is not relevant, is not helpful and not relevant to Thailand.

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

All my family back in the U.K. have had the AZ vaccine with no issues that’s the only vaccine I will allow to be put into my arm the Chinese vaccine is only 50.4 % reliable as for the Sputnik it’s rumoured that the Russians got into the Oxford data base and produced the product just to call it a different name even if it were true I wouldn’t take the chance of having it !.

yes rumors like the one that AZ will give you blood clots and strokes.

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This not in fact the mission of Embassies, US or other.  This incorrect belief accounts for much of the issues that arise between expats and their Embassies.

The mission of an Embassy is to represent their country's interests (political and economic, primarily) and serve as the conduit for communications/promote the relationship between their own country and the host country.

Embassies typically provide consular services to their national abroad but this is very much a secondary function and not their reason for existence.

When one chooses to live abroad their is no promise (and should be no expectation) of governmental protection.  You are reliant in the host country government for all protective services (police, fire, health etc) and your own resources.

To be clear, their primary mission is as you stated, but their mission statement also includes a commitment to providing services that serve the needs of  US citizens while abroad, and in that respect the open letter they wrote essentially was worded diplomatically to say that while they were committed to protecting the welfare of citizens while abroad in many ways, they were unable to provide vaccinations, and therefore advised citizens to seek local assistance in this regard.

716141308_snapshot_2021-04-24at11_59_45AM.jpg.2dad41a37fce9681cb95d7c4d056c726.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

On 4/22/2021 at 3:02 PM, polpott said:

Will be reentering with an extension of stay and a re entry permit. Both valid until late December. No issues returning for me in 1-3 months time.

What about health insurance? I don't know your age but for me at 87 not a snowballs chance in hell. Much the same as being able to get a covid jab. But then some would say at your age why bother.????

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, wordchild said:

Dont you have too home quarantine first for 10 days?

I know someone who went back recently she needed to do her quarantine first and she was booked for vaccine the day after her quarantine finished.

According to Gov.uk website medical appointments are excepted. I have my appointment letter and receive my vaccine in 5 hours time.

2 hours ago, actonion said:

A Thai business woman, friend of my wife  sent her a phone message yesterday, it was from Samitivej  Hospital, asking if you would like to register for  the Covid Vaccine,   also  how many people,  & what vaccine you would prefer... it mentioned nothing about  being Thai nationa,l or  Farang.. my wife registered herself plus one..... ..me i hope  lol 

Farang would not even be on their radar so of course no mention 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:42 AM, Henryford said:

You are a lot safer here in Thailand than in the Uk (if you believe their figures). 130,000 dead in the UK, 100 here.

Now fewer daily new cases in the UK than in Thailand...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Having read comments from polpott I get the feeling that once he tries to return from the U.K. he will have mega issues my wife who went to the U.K. and had a valid extension of stay as well as her re entry permit was not allowed to return to Thailand . I can visualise polpott turning up at some airport with his passport duly stamped only to be turned away I did note that there was no mention either from him of having a return flight . I wish him look but without all the requirements required and it is considerable plus what would be a 7 or 10 night quarantine stay in Bangkok I think he will be drinking a lot more pints of Stella back in the U.K. !

The restrictions on travel abroad will almost certainly be lifted before the end of May. I qualify anyway as needing to return for property issues.