Immigration nab Thai man preying on foreign gay men - he stole 1 million baht+

Jonathan Fairfield

568005.jpeg

Image: Naewna

Thailand's immigration bureau had arrested a 29 year old Thai man who arranged to meet gay foreigners in Bangkok via applications then stole from them in hotels and other addresses.

Sirawat had a fake profile of himself on Grindr, Blued, Romeo, Aloha and Hornet.

He would arranged to meet his victims for sex then try to get their internet bank details or simply steal their cash or valuables after getting them unconscious through plying them with drink. 

The IB received not less than 10 complaints about his activity that involved stealing no less than 1 million baht, Naewna reported.

A warrant for theft at night was issued by the Southern Bangkok Court and the suspect was arrested at a condominium in the Chong Nonsi area of the Thai capital Bangkok.

Bankbooks and credit cards used in the commission of his crimes were taken into evidence.

The suspect admitted his crimes and said he had been up to no good for a year to fuel a gambling habit. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-24

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A warrant for theft at night was issued by the Southern Bangkok Court and the suspect was arrested at a condominium in the Chong Nonsi area of the Thai capital Bangkok.

So is theft during the day ok?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That’s 10 thefts of 100,000 baht apiece. I had no idea so many gay Farangs had so much cash.

The lesson is not get blind drunk on the first date.

You get a much better exchange rate when you bring cash in euros with you than when making a transfer.

I alsways bring some cash then I make transfers