CHECKERED SHIRTS - Why so popular in Thailand ?

EVENKEEL

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Do you wear one of hats with corks on strings, & a wife beater?

Nope. You see, God and Americans gave us T-shirts, Levis, Nikes, the Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, the motorcycle jacket, and harness boots. Recall that Swedes, one of the more intelligent of the expat groups--who can speak understandable English as well--buy an average of 9 T-shirts per person per year.

And with Nikes, light, comfortable trail runners (Nike LDV, 1978) and trekking shoes, good armor against Pattaya’s sidewalks and streets, esp when flooded. BTW, SuperSports has rare sale on Merrells (American) as we speak, so me, I got a new pair.???? Utterly indestructible; should last me till my ashes swim in Pattaya Bay.

So there you go: distinguish (or rather, disguise) yourself as a cool global dude and win more smiles in the Land Of Smiles—initially, anyway. Pro tip: lose the belly and get fit so’s you can wear the slim sizes.

Edited by BigStar

40 minutes ago, BigStar said:

So there you go: distinguish (or rather, disguise) yourself as a cool global dude and win more smiles in the Land Of Smiles—initially, anyway. Pro tip: lose the belly and get fit so’s you can wear the slim sizes.

You do rather go on, don't you.

Pro tip:

Dry up.

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Part of the Brit uniform, innit? Checked shirt that looks bought at the East End Thrift shop, shirttail out to minimize the gut, cargo shorts, sandals (often with socks, even white socks). Convenient to recognize the Brit and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Don't the proper Brits wear nice coloured chequered shirts so they don't offend their new neighbours?

Edited by gamb00ler

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes, yes they do.

Some people - no names mentioned ???? like to believe that their *ahem* style, i.e. discount warehouse, is what all people wear.

????

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/burberry/shirts-2/items.aspx

I made my dig at the Brit's ridiculous spelling habits a little more obvious after you missed it!  ????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1