Owner refusing to give ID for TM30

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

TM27 isn't new, and it didn't replace TM28, it has a different purpose.

TM27 has existed since at least 1979, and still exists unchanged today.

I've not heard of one single immigration office that is trying to enforce TM27.

So just ignore TM27.

Different purpose yes, but the regulation for the TM27 was dated effective Jan 28th 2020, same date the amendments to TM28 regulation became effective.

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Different purpose yes, but the regulation for the TM27 was dated effective Jan 28th 2020, same date the amendments to TM28 regulation became effective.

I see where your misunderstanding comes from, it is how they write those orders which can be confusing if you don't know it.

The ministerial order covers section 37 of the immigration act, this includes, TM27, TM28 and TM47.

When they do those updates, they don't update a single point of the order, but they revoke the whole previous order, and enact a new order covering all points.

But this doesn't mean that all points have changed, it is just mentioned because they just copy paste the stuff from the previous order.

If you would look at the first ministerial order from 1979, the section covering TM27 is the exact same as in this current order, was never changed.

For example TM47 (90 day reports) is also mentioned in this order, but there was no change to it as well.

Edited by jackdd

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why do you need a TM30. Why do you need to be careful to travel within 90 day periods? 

Because I will be staying in Thailand for 6-7 months and will not be  able to avoid 90 day reporting by traveling outside country as I have done in the past. My understanding is that I must visit Immigration for the first 90 day report and they will insist that a TM 30 be on file.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 7:54 PM, cyril sneer said:

Moved back into an apartment short-term that we've stayed before and the owner is refusing to provide a copy of her ID (she was rude to my wife previously for no reason so they've never got on)

I guess you had your reasons to choose that apartment over all the thousands of others available where the owner doesn't abuse their paying guests.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:
2 hours ago, 2009 said:

They took the TM28 and said, "TM30 is just for the first time, after we use TM28"

Maybe they didn't get the memo.

They may have scrapped the requirement to file the TM28 but is still exists in their deep layer cake of bureaucratic flim-flamery.

Using the words "all but scrapped" and "means that almost no-one" suggests that this is someone's best guess opinion and some immigration officer somewhere can and will ask for it under their time-served "any other documentation that they may see fit" trip wire.

Been there, done that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Using the words "all but scrapped" and "means that almost no-one" suggests that this is someone's best guess opinion and some immigration officer somewhere can and will ask for it under their time-served "any other documentation that they may see fit" trip wire.

Illegal aliens still have to do the TM28 report to their local police stations when they move, that's what the purpose of the law has always been, thus it has not been completely scrapped and still exists.

The law was never supposed to apply to retirees and people with Thai spouses, this just happened accidentally. You can find some old posts here on Thaivisa from before 2020 made by me, where I pointed this out before they finally corrected their mistake and released the updated ministerial order in 2020.

TM28 was also never Immigration's job, the law as well as the ministerial order clearly says "local police station". Immigration just never read them properly, and just assumed that it's their job because it's in the immigration act.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

What do you need TM30 for?

You did not indicate that your here on extensions (marriage) etc. Only mentioned wife. 

If your just staying at hotel for a break then going back to your home, you do not need a TM30.

That changed year + ago

it's for a new non-b visa starting end of the week, so want to make sure all documents are in order, as i've read of visa's being rejected if address is not up to date

owner is flat out refusing to provide anything now, either hoping to get back the full deposit, or they are worried they're in trouble for something

so only option now seems to move out before the visa is done and lose the deposit

the gf is insisting we pay  the final bills on top of losing the deposit as it's in her name. i'm not sure the what the law is regarding this, I thought they could just take it out the deposit

edit - one more thing to add we're staying in a hotel that does monthly rates as well as daily, not sure if this changes anything

Edited by cyril sneer

33 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

it's for a new non-b visa starting end of the week, so want to make sure all documents are in order, as i've read of visa's being rejected if address is not up to date

Not sure what you are applying for. Are you applying for 90 day non-b visa entry at immigration? Or a extension of stay based upon working or teaching?

If you have already done a TM30 report for where you are staying you will not need a new one. The may want proof one was done.

A TM30 report is not longer required unless you change the address that immigration has for you or enter the country with a new visa.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you are applying for. Are you applying for 90 day non-b visa entry at immigration? Or a extension of stay based upon working or teaching?

If you have already done a TM30 report for where you are staying you will not need a new one. The may want proof one was done.

A TM30 report is not longer required unless you change the address that immigration has for you or enter the country with a new visa.

need to update the address immigration have on their system

going to move to wife's home now for a couple of weeks instead so will just do a TM30 for there, thanks

edit - I won't have a rental contract, so what needs providing instead of this?

Edited by cyril sneer

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

edit - one more thing to add we're staying in a hotel that does monthly rates as well as daily, not sure if this changes anything

You originally stated you were staying in an apartment, not a hotel.

If it is indeed a hotel, they are purely responsible for filing a TM30.

They should be able to supply you with a copy of the TM30 report.

If they haven't, or won't, it's not your problem.

Just tell Immigration and let them deal with it.

Hotels receive heavier fines than private residential owners.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You originally stated you were staying in an apartment, not a hotel.

If it is indeed a hotel, they are purely responsible for filing a TM30.

They should be able to supply you with a copy of the TM30 report.

If they haven't, or won't, it's not your problem.

Just tell Immigration and let them deal with it.

Hotels receive heavier fines than private residential owners.

they advertise it as both a hotel and apartment, half stay as hotel guests, the others stay month by month

surely if signing a monthly contract the circumstances are different? seems a very grey area