Brit dad stuck in Thailand with cancer needs £88,000 a year to continue fight in the UK

webfact

10 hours ago, LeeUklondon said:

So why does he need the 80k? You agree that he needs it? What is it for? Try reading again. 

I did not say that he needs the money, I did not agree that he needs the money, either.  Try reading my comments again.   

On 4/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, TaoNow said:

If he was visiting Thailand as a tourist, why does the article show him operating a Thai noodle soup stall?

There seems to be more to this story...

he's been in thailand and myanmar for much longer periods of time, at least since 2016.

Edited by orchis

On 4/27/2021 at 8:57 AM, LazySlipper said:

Tats don't make the man but they do dampen my enthusiasm..

So ... you do not like tattoos and because of this you have less compassion for those in this mans predicament than if he did not have tattoos ?

If this is true I feel sorry for you, and am glad that I am not so heartless

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did not say that he needs the money, I did not agree that he needs the money, either.  Try reading my comments again.   

I have no idea what you are saying. You only seem able to say what you are not saying.

does he need the money or not? 

1 hour ago, LeeUklondon said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I have no idea what you are saying. You only seem able to say what you are not saying.

"I have no idea what you are saying. You only seem able to say what you are not saying".

That's because of your continued assertions that I said some things that I did not say!

"does he need the money or not?"

I don't know, ask him, not me! 

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I have no idea what you are saying. You only seem able to say what you are not saying".

That's because of your continued assertions that I said some things that I did not say!

"does he need the money or not?"

I don't know, ask him, not me! 

That is because your whole argument is illogical. 

You are saying he is all clear, which would mean he does not need the money. But then you say you don’t know if he needs the money.

and saying “ask him” is just childish. As obviously I cannot ask him.

but, in any case, he says he is going to die without the drugs. Even if he gets the drugs he will only get an extension of 4 years in the best case scenario. 

Does that hat sound all clear of cancer to you? 

38 minutes ago, LeeUklondon said:

That is because your whole argument is illogical. 

You are saying he is all clear, which would mean he does not need the money. But then you say you don’t know if he needs the money.

and saying “ask him” is just childish. As obviously I cannot ask him.

but, in any case, he says he is going to die without the drugs. Even if he gets the drugs he will only get an extension of 4 years in the best case scenario. 

Does that hat sound all clear of cancer to you? 

Yawn......

Give it a rest, I don't have any "argument" to make, my comments were based on what he said and what was reported in the link.    

You're the one with an illogical argument against what he says but, for some reason, you want to argue it with me.   Geez....

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yawn......

Give it a rest, I don't have any "argument" to make, my comments were based on what he said and what was reported in the link.    

You're the one with an illogical argument against what he says but, for some reason, you want to argue it with me.   Geez....

You are a sore loser. 

you said this guy was clear of cancer and you did not know why he needed the 80k. You said ask I’m why he needs it.

in the article it clearly says, he will die without it, at best he will live 4 years. 

I was just correcting your misunderstanding as the guy needs the money or he will die.

Edited by LeeUklondon
  • Haha 1

Just now, LeeUklondon said:
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In the link it clearly says that scans have given him the all clear.

What is he all clear of and what will he die of if he does not get the experimental cancer drug? 

As he had been suffering from cancer I suspect that the scans were to check that, what else?  And the scans gave him the all clear, as HE said in the linked article.

16 minutes ago, LeeUklondon said:
49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yawn......

Expand  

You are a sore loser

Really?  There's a competition going on?   And you've won it?   Thanks for letting me know.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As he had been suffering from cancer I suspect that the scans were to check that, what else?  And the scans gave him the all clear, as HE said in the linked article.

Exactly, you are not a doctor and do not understand the progression of cancer.

I am not a doctor, but I can still read and see that his prognosis is still death from cancer. At best he has 4 years, if he gets the experimental cancer drug. So there is no need to ask him why he needs the drug, it is there in the article. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In the link it clearly says that scans have given him the all clear.

It is good of you to quote from the source, but the question is: for what has Andy Macey been given the all clear?

1. For a start, giving "the all clear" is not a precise medical term.
  2. For clarity, the Mirror article to which a link is given in the OP quotes Mr Macey as saying "...now have had the all clear on my scans so I'm free to go home..."
  3. Let us assume, therefore, that the doctor in Thailand, presumably an oncologist, told Mr Macy "your latest scans are all clear" and that in saying this he meant that his latest scans show no more cancerous tumours. Excellent news, indeed.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?  There's a competition going on?   And you've won it?   Thanks for letting me know.

Did you not consider that your interpretation of “all clear” was at odds with 99% of the article and that therefore your understanding of that medical term must be wrong?

i think that is how everyone else’s brain worked.....

• Sad 1

A friend of mine recently died with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He had the means to get whatever treatment might be available ( Germany). There is nothing. He made it 4 months longer than predicted. I doubt UK has a miracle cure.

13 hours ago, LeeUklondon said:

It's not curable (short of a miracle).

He cleared to leave the Thai hospital and go back to the UK, but he still has cancer, and still cannot afford the drug cocktail.

Edited by DerbyDan

16 hours ago, Puccini said:

Let us assume, therefore, that the doctor in Thailand, presumably an oncologist, told Mr Macy "your latest scans are all clear" and that in saying this he meant that his latest scans show no more cancerous tumours. Excellent news, indeed.

Yes, it's fairly safe to assume that what the patient was told by the doctors treating his cancer and reading his scans is an accurate depiction of his circumstances despite what one other poster seems to want to, irrationally, dismiss.

• Haha 1

Appears that he has a big family and a couple grown kids. May be time for the family to step up to the mike, sell property, etc.

If not, he's probably better off staying in Thailand where the care is less expensive. No reason to go back for the drug unless he has the money for it. Seems like he could go visit his family then come back, or family comes to Thailand to visit.

Edited by DerbyDan

8 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

Appears that he has a big family and a couple grown kids. May be time for the family to step up to the mike, sell property, etc.

If not, he's probably better off staying in Thailand where the care is less expensive. No reason to go back for the drug unless he has the money for it. Seems like he could go visit his family then come back, or family comes to Thailand to visit.

The problem with staying in Thailand is that now that he is stable enough to fly home for care, his travel insurance will not longer foot the bill. So whether he stays in Thailand or goes back to UK, either way he has to pay for this drug. NHS will provide only palliative care.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it's fairly safe to assume that what the patient was told by the doctors treating his cancer and reading his scans is an accurate depiction of his circumstances despite what one other poster seems to want to, irrationally, dismiss.

Read admin post below (or above whichever way it shows). That what I have been trying to tell you. 

Your whole position and series of posts have been based on not understanding what “all clear” means. 

Edited by LeeUklondon