Thailand reports another daily record of 15 virus deaths, 2,179 cases

webfact

On 4/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Covidiot.  My Thai relatives asked me if I was a Covidiot.  and told me a few times  that, I would be an idiot if I ever believe the low

numbers of the infected or dead people in Thailand.  My one relative who is in the medical industry, said that the numbers are

many times higher than the government will admit to.  She has been threatened to stay quiet many times.  I just cannot believe how many

members on this forum, still seem to believe the official numbers.  Remember this is the country, where if you do not die at the

scene of the accident, then you are not counted with the traffic figures of traffic deaths.  Try remember that fact, when you keep

hearing the low number of deaths in Thailand due to COVID.

Geezer

Most people are simply not very intelligent. That's true for westerners from rich countries, too. Lots of very poorly educated expats in Thailand as well. Also lots of old blokes who can't reason well on account of their older age. 

On 4/28/2021 at 10:14 AM, Excel said:

I think some people are forgetting their basic schooling here. You can not determine a trend from two data points and whilst 2 days of the same figures is better than consecutive days of increasing numbers we can not as yet state that the curve is flattening. If there were 0 deaths tomorrow by some miracle it would not be  flat line as the  graph would come down to zero on the horizontal axis and hence illustrate that it peaked at 15 deaths. It will only become a flat line after that if deaths remained at zero. Stating the obvious I know but the main point is one swallow a summer does not make so rather than making outlandish  claims like "the curve seems to be flat" it is wiser to wait until more data becomes available in the days ahead so that an accurate trend may be determined.

And the latest figures today prove my point exactly, wait for more data at least 7 days before a trend can be determined hopefully as the last 4 days deaths are 15, 15, 10, 15 so some cranky folk claimed it had flat lined after the first set of 15 figures, others said it was on the way down after the the 15,15,10 figures. As yet I have not read but sure as night is day someone will claim they are increasing exponentially as the last set is 10 and 15 today.  So all inaccurate and all misleading so lets wait till we have far more data before concluding what the trend really is.