EXCLUSIVE: Government inaction blocking private hospital vaccine purchase despite Prayut promise

webfact

ph.jpg

By Cod Satrusayang

Despite promises made by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha, government hurdles and red-tape have made it impossible for private hospitals to acquire vaccines on their own despite having the agency and connections to make it happen.

Thailand is currently fighting its most severe wave of the Covid-19 pandemic with infection rates climbing into the quadruple digits and the death toll mounting.

Among the major criticisms aimed at the government from political opponents and erstwhile allies is the current national vaccination plan which has lagged behind other countries.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/26891/exclusive-government-inaction-blocking-private-hospital-vaccine-purchase-despite-prayut-promise/

ti.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

"As Czar I have spoken and we will take only the action I deem relevant to ensuring the spread of Covid is controlled", sorry hospitals your not an important part of this control measure it appears.

Comments and statements may or may not be fictitious in nature. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Something doesn’t sound quite right about this story. The  WHO has no remit or authority to put legal barriers in place to require governments to authorise purchases of vaccine - only national governments can put these requirements in place for exports or for authorising use domestically.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Reading the headline of this post and then reading below from 8 days ago put a big smile on my face. (I hope I am allowed to link here from the Nation paper. If not sorry...).

As an aside, and as far as I remember, other than the Chinese, only AZ, JJ, Moderna and Sputnik have applied for registration in Thailand. Has Pfizer applied yet?

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000021

Just now, smedly said:

I said this a week ago and I believe you are right

They are more interested at working schemes to fill their own pockets than doing what is right for the country and people, the people are at boiling point right now - I have never heard some much negative sentiment and rumblings and anger from people than there is right now, my guess is that this bunch of cronies will be removed very soon one way or another 

Money Number 1

The problem is like rats:- removing one type of vermin usually allows another group to take its place and there is usually one or two, try as you might are illusive. Isn't it ironic that the term for a group of rats is a "mischief"

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rickthailand said:

unbelievable

What is unbelievable is that no hospital has said which vaccine is readily available or from where.

There is a bit more to it than a bit of wheeling and dealing.

From the OP

"We know the market and have the contacts to make the vaccine imports happen"

• Like 2