Parliament President Chuan Leekpai visits Phuket

webfact

1619775478_1-org.jpg

Chuan Leekpai at the Phuket Check Point earlier today (Apr 30). Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: President of the National Assembly of Thailand and incumbent Speaker of the Thai House of Representatives Chuan Leekpai arrived in Phuket today to be briefed on the outbreak situation on the island and to donate 10,000 items of personal protective equipment (PPE) to the officers stationed at the Phuket Check Point, where all arrivals onto the island by road are screened before being allowed into the province.

Present to welcome Mr Chuan, also a former prime minister, and to receive the donation of PPE gear this morning were Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew, Phuket Provincial Administrative Organization (PPAO, or OrBorJor) President Rewat Areerob and a host of other officers. 

Governor Narong reported the current COVID-19 outbreak situation in Phuket Mr Chuan and thanked him for his hospitality. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/parliament-president-chuan-leekpai-visits-phuket-79848.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-01

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Reading the OP  it suggests that Chuan donated the PPE himself, when in fact the items were donated by CP.

Well don't they all claim to have done something and then it turns out they have done nothing? Reality is something that appears to evade this government.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, faraday said:

The masks were donated by Charoen Pokphand Foods Co Ltd"

No, the above makes it very clear they were from CP Chicken group. In fact they are manufacturing them. 10,000 masks, whoopie a drop in the bucket.  

• Confused 1

You must have misread the OP, as it clearly states, to donate 10.000 items of P.P.E.  no mention of C.P. unless you read the link.

15 minutes ago, Venom said:

No, the above makes it very clear they were from CP Chicken group. 

Yet you say the above makes it very clear, not what i read.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You must have misread the OP, as it clearly states, to donate 10.000 items of P.P.E.  no mention of C.P. unless you read the link.

From the "link in the post" 

Quote:

“The masks were donated by Charoen Pokphand Foods Co Ltd to the Foundation for Education and Social Development, of which I serve as president,” Mr Chuan explained.

“I was told that people in some areas do not have face masks to wear, so I want them to have them and wear them when they go outside in order to protect themselves from COVID-19,” he said.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Venom said:

No, the above makes it very clear they were from CP Chicken group. In fact they are manufacturing them. 10,000 masks, whoopie a drop in the bucket.  

Yes, the link makes it clear, which I posted.

However, the point I made was the original post, the thread starter, did not. Ok na?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes, the link makes it clear, which I posted.

However, the point I made was the original post, the thread starter, did not. Ok na?

Thaivisa's rule on posting links from other publications is fairly clear and does not make allowances for editing nor does it always give what might be regarded as essential facts.

IMO, it's always a good idea to read the full link before posting about (or criticizing) information in the short version.

Rule #14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Thaivisa's rule on posting links from other publications is fairly clear and does not make allowances for editing nor does it always give what might be regarded as essential facts.

IMO, it's always a good idea to read the full link before posting about (or criticizing) information in the short version.

Rule #14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Well, thank you for correcting me, moderator.

????

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Reading the OP  it suggests that Chuan donated the PPE himself, when in fact the items were donated by CP.

7 hours ago, faraday said:

From the OP link:

The masks were donated by Charoen Pokphand Foods Co Ltd"

It makes it seem as if Kh Chuan was the benefactor.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

I didn't see it in the short OP version, but it is clearly shown when I read the link.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, faraday said:

Well, thank you for correcting me, moderator.

????

You're welcome. Always happy to educate those with confidence above their knowledge level.

And thanks for the unearned title. I continue to wait in vain hope for a calling to the greatness of moderator level. I thought a basic knowledge of forum rules would help me with my quest. Actual moderators have referred me there several times. ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1