Yellow Tabien Baan for Renters in Banglamung

I have read about the difficulties that even property owners have had in getting this document, but was interested if anyone has had any success in getting this as a renter in Banglamung? I understand this is legally permissible, but reality is somewhat different and is impossible at a lot of amphurs.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The biggest problem for people to get yellow tambien ban for a rented house or condo would be getting permission from the owner of the property to have it issued.

I don't believe that would be an issue for me. My landlord has been extremely accommodating with regard to documents and I would happily compensate him to make it even more attractive. I know that money is tight for him.

However, I didn't want to press him, unless I knew that it was a practical option in Banglamung.

Edited by w94005m

6 hours ago, w94005m said:

I don't believe that would be an issue for me. My landlord has been extremely accommodating with regard to documents and I would happily compensate him to make it even more attractive. I know that money is tight for him.

However, I didn't want to press him, unless I knew that it was a practical option in Banglamung.

So long as your landlord agrees to it, and testifies in person at the amphur that he indeed agrees, you will not have any issue.

Maybe a couple of visits in the worst case, in case they ask you to bring some paperwork which you didn't expect. 

That is all there is to it.

• Like 1

A friend of ours in Immigration talked me into applying for it at Khon Kaen. I ended up giving it up as a total waste of time and money because of the person that I had to deal with at the Amphur office. I am married to a Thai National and our marriage is registered at the Khon Kaen Amphur office. What I needed for this person at the Amphur office was

1: Certificate of residence from immigration

2: A letter from the local police (which turned out to be a TM30 filled in by the police)

3: copy of my wife's blue book

4: copy of my wife's ID card

5: copy of my visa extension stamp

6: 2 passport size photos

7: copy of my passport information page as it is in the passport

8: copy of my passport information page translated into Thai and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok

There was a certified copy of my passport in the office directly across the hall where we were married but that was not acceptable, it had to be a new one, so I gave up on the idea.

I do not know if it will be the same for you. Good Luck.

I almost forgot, 2 witnesses and they must be Thai.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 1:11 PM, Russell17au said:

A friend of ours in Immigration talked me into applying for it at Khon Kaen. I ended up giving it up as a total waste of time and money because of the person that I had to deal with at the Amphur office. I am married to a Thai National and our marriage is registered at the Khon Kaen Amphur office. What I needed for this person at the Amphur office was

1: Certificate of residence from immigration

2: A letter from the local police (which turned out to be a TM30 filled in by the police)

3: copy of my wife's blue book

4: copy of my wife's ID card

5: copy of my visa extension stamp

6: 2 passport size photos

7: copy of my passport information page as it is in the passport

8: copy of my passport information page translated into Thai and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok

There was a certified copy of my passport in the office directly across the hall where we were married but that was not acceptable, it had to be a new one, so I gave up on the idea.

I do not know if it will be the same for you. Good Luck.

I almost forgot, 2 witnesses and they must be Thai.

Thanks. I'd read this elsewhere and was aware of the requirements and even with those available, how it can be a complete nightmare in a lot of Amphurs. I was hoping Banglamung might be easier, but as no-one has said that and as I have a number of high risk conditions, meaning I am shielding now, all this interaction and likely no positive result is making this a non-starter.

I was only considering for the vaccine, so will wait now till I have my own permanent residence. Vaccine will just have to be done overseas with the inherent risks of infection en-route.

Thanks to all.