Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

Back to my old Q, in the new V2.2.2, do you see the login screen that asks for the 13 digit number and does is have an entry box for the card reverse laser code?

Same as before:

mp.png.6ca4709558955cc2e4077c0f3822f47d.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Which is basically(*) what they did since Sunday and why foreigners couldn't sign up since then.

*They don't check if the ID starts with 6, but they verify the "laser code" (code on the back starting with JT), which pink ID cards don't have and thus pink ID cards fail the verification now.

Interesting. So I will wait and see if it kicks me out in the future. Ergo why when I signed up and registered that second box for the back of the card number was absent. That may be why I was successful then.

Edited by ThailandRyan

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Same as before:

mp.png.6ca4709558955cc2e4077c0f3822f47d.png

Completely changed now only asks for your number starting with JT from the back. Yet my profile screen has not changed since I registered except for the category of need.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jwbrit said:

I want a vaccine, but not SinoVac. I've not read this first hand but it's reported to me that Thailand is the only country in Asean not to secure the Pfizer vaccine, after Pfizer offered it to Thailand 4 times. I wonder why that could be.....

I am not aware of any country in Asean that has purchased Pfizer.

51 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Which is basically(*) what they did since Sunday and why foreigners couldn't sign up since then.

*They don't check if the ID starts with 6, but they verify the "laser code" (code on the back starting with JT), which pink ID cards don't have and thus pink ID cards fail the verification now.

3 people so far have reported successful registration since then. I think the site is just overloaded.

• Like 1

Is it true that Falangs are only to get the AZ vacc !If so is there a source to prove it.

My family  doesn't want me (sixty eight years old )to get the vaccine cause they said it is dangerous!

I tried to explain to them that they must be confused or lacking facts about the AZ vac and they are most likely  referring to the Chinese vac.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

3 people so far have reported successful registration since then. I think the site is just overloaded.

My wife said the website  was down  !

• Like 1

I have just returned from trying to make an appointment for vaccination, I don't have a pink ID card but I do have a long stay visa. 

I went to three government hospitals near where I live and also to the Health Office at the Tessabahn. The story is the same at all locations, foreigners cannot register until starting July. Staff at all locations were helpful and sympathetic, two of the hospitals double checked with the District Hospital to make sure they understood things correctly. One person did suggest using the app. and my wifes ID card but pointed out that doing so would preclude my wife from being able to register later.

Any ideas anyone? It seems to me that registration in July may produce a date in August at best.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brierley said:

I have just returned from trying to make an appointment for vaccination, I don't have a pink ID card but I do have a long stay visa. 

I went to three government hospitals near where I live and also to the Health Office at the Tessabahn. The story is the same at all locations, foreigners cannot register until starting July. Staff at all locations were helpful and sympathetic, two of the hospitals double checked with the District Hospital to make sure they understood things correctly. One person did suggest using the app. and my wifes ID card but pointed out that doing so would preclude my wife from being able to register later.

Any ideas anyone? It seems to me that registration in July may produce a date in August at best.

Which province are you in?

As to advice, all I can offer since you can't use app and couldn't register in person, is wait for either private hospitals to offer it or registration at your govt hospitals to open up for foreigners.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

Which province are you in?

As to advice, all I can offer since you can't use app and couldn't register in person, is wait for either private hospitals to offer it or registration at your govt hospitals to open up for foreigners.

Chiang Mai Province, Amphur Mae Rim.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Is it true that Falangs are only to get the AZ vacc !If so is there a source to prove it.

There is no special policy regarding farangs vs Thais as to vaccine type

The MoPH approves only AZ for peopel over age 60, Thai or farang

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Any ideas anyone?

Wait a couple of days. The policy might change and include higher risk foreign residents in the first phase, as announced.

Edited by Fromas

1 hour ago, Brierley said:

Yes July registration is likely for August and later. 

Ironically f-rangs might be in a position of hoping for vaccine hesitancy from Thais if you get my drift.

Color me nauseous.

1 hour ago, Fromas said:

Wait a couple of days. The policy might change and include higher risk foreign residents in the first phase, as announced.

Sure anything can happen but knowing Thailand I suppose this toxic nationalist shoddy treatment of f-rangs was rather predictable. Especially in a crisis. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure anything can happen but knowing Thailand I suppose this toxic nationalist shoddy treatment of f-rangs was rather predictable. Especially in a crisis. 

Well whilst of course us farangs can easily point to the predictability of treatment, or lack of regarding covid ,  I would rather take a more measured view. When the Thai regimes have deliberately ignored the needs and requirements of their own people, particularly those  millions from the Isan regions,  and treated them like slaves and serfs for almost 3 hundred years or more, why is it surprising that that they treat foreigners with the same level of contempt ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well whilst of course us farangs can easily point to the predictability of treatment, or lack of regarding covid ,  I would rather take a more measured view. When the Thai regimes have deliberately ignored the needs and requirements of their own people, particularly those  millions from the Isan regions,  and treated them like slaves and serfs for almost 3 hundred years or more, why is it surprising that that they treat foreigners with the same level of contempt ?

Well we're below them innit.

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes July registration is likely for August and later. 

Ironically f-rangs might be in a position of hoping for vaccine hesitancy from Thais if you get my drift.

Color me nauseous.

I take a different view. If I had the pink ID card I could register now, the fact that I don't is my mistake rather than me being the deliberate subject of bias. The fact is their system does not allow for a passport number or any other number to be used.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Brierley said:

I take a different view. If I had the pink ID card I could register now, the fact that I don't is my mistake rather than me being the deliberate subject of bias. The fact is their system does not allow for a passport number or any other number to be used.

The latest news is that NO f-rangs will be getting jabs until August even those that successfully registered online with ID numbers for June bookings. So your unnecessarily self depreciating POV  most probably is irrelevant. Of course I totally disagree with  you that f-rangs that don't have that number have committed any fault at all certainly none that deserves denial of timely medical care that may possibly have fatal results. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The latest news is that NO f-rangs will be getting jabs until August even those that successfully registered online with ID numbers for June bookings. So your unnecessarily self depreciating POV  most probably is irrelevant. Of course I totally disagree with  you that f-rangs that don't have that number have committed any fault at all certainly none that deserves denial of timely medical care that may possibly have fatal results. 

My what, my "unnecessarily self depreciating POV"! 

Well excuse me for having an opinion and for living! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brierley said:

My what, my "unnecessarily self depreciating POV"! 

Well excuse me for having an opinion and for living! 

You felt it was your fault for not being able to make a now we know probably USELESS online booking for an appointment in June. That's self deprecating. Was anyone warned well in advance of such a policy? No. It wasn't your fault. But like I'm trying to tell you based on recent news it wouldn't happen helped any f-rangs anyway!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2