Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

On 5/3/2021 at 8:42 AM, rabas said:

How, where did she register you? Software from LINE, a website? A hospital?  --thanks.

She used line, on the first day it was open for registration, May 1st Had to try three times...apparently there was so much response that the server or whatever couldn't handle it. 

1 hour ago, SamuiRes said:

On Samui we were then told we could register as foreigners for the AstraZenica vaccine and could do so at a unit set up on the Lake Road Car Park opposite the entrance to Central Festival. Quite a few foreigners there in an orderly queue – as you would expect! The girl doing the registration spoke good English. She only wanted my Passport but I gave her my Thai drivers licence as well as that had my birthdate in Thai. Quick and easy. Due to my age, I have been given a date of 7th June of the AstraZenica vaccine and they will have a vaccination centre in Central Festival.

It's interesting to hear how vaccine access opportunities often appear to be so localized. Maybe predictable but kind of a random luck kind of thing. 

Especially so if you only have a passport as those expats with the needed Thai number can attempt to register online.

I reckon in Pattaya there must be tens of thousands of high risk group expats here with passports who would be rushing to such a queue here if there was such a queue here.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's interesting to hear how vaccine access opportunities often appear to be so localized. Maybe predictable but kind of a random luck kind of thing. 

Especially so if you only have a passport as those expats with the needed Thai number can attempt to register online.

I reckon in Pattaya there must be tens of thousands of high risk group expats here with passports who would be rushing to such a queue here if there was such a queue here.

My Thai wife successfully registered me by phone with my passport information only. Yes. at a local hospital!

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisKC said:

My Thai wife successfully registered me by phone with my passport information only. Yes. at a local hospital!

Where? Do you have a June appointment? Sometimes people conflate register as just being put on a list rather than an actual set time vaccination appointment. Such details are important.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Where? Do you have a June appointment? Sometimes people conflate register as just being put on a list rather than an actual set time vaccination appointment. Such details are important.

I am in Lampang, where, as it happens, my wife is well connected. That is a good point - I need to consult her to establish the exact status of that registration, (though she is registered herself at the same hospital) I do think that I am registering for a vaccination and as I write I just not sure when the call will come.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

49 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

In Pattaya, I will wait for the first stream of candidates to be processed before registering for several reasons:
  - let pass the period of confusion of the rules which change every day,
  - avoid Sinovac,
  - have a greater chance of being also immune to the new variants,
  - delay the need for a booster shot.

In the meantime I avoid contact and take pleasure in observing the sea with all nuances.

Pattaya is the one place in Thailand where there are more foreign old guys than Thai.

3 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am in Lampang, where, as it happens, my wife is well connected. That is a good point - I need to consult her to establish the exact status of that registration, (though she is registered herself at the same hospital) I do think that I am registering for a vaccination and as I write I just not sure when the call will come.

Your wife  is  so  important, you have to 'consult' her ?

Just now, Neeranam said:

Just now, Neeranam said:

Just now, Neeranam said:

She is not here at the moment. Consult is the correct word, but maybe, to prevent me giving the impression she "is so important", I should have said, "I will check with her" in order for me to understand correctly something she actually arranged on my behalf.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I would like to offer an opinion as to why " just being on a list" is still a valid registration, for future actual vaccination.  It is possible that a list is compiled from which to calculate who will be prioritised according to patients circumstances as well as the hospital's circumstances relating to how many doses are available and in what time scale more, or not are delivered. I know some have received appointment times from a registration after a couple of days ( in my case, registration happened only three days ago) so who knows?

Not many things in Thailand come to fruition in a couple of days.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I would like to offer an opinion as to why " just being on a list" is still a valid registration, for future actual vaccination.  It is possible that a list is compiled from which to calculate who will be prioritised according to patients circumstances as well as the hospital's circumstances relating to how many doses are available and in what time scale more, or not are delivered. I know some have received appointment times from a registration after a couple of days ( in my case, registration happened only three days ago) so who knows?

Not many things in Thailand come to fruition in a couple of days.

Possibly.

But I was thinking more in terms of timing.

Expats have been promised that we will all be included later in the year. 

But on the question of high risk expats being included earlier, that's different. 

Some such high risk expats have booked specific appointment times in June online as they have the required Thai number. 

Some rural expats have had similar luck in their village health systems. 

We have the report about Samui.

Again details matter. Timing especially for high risk people is certainly one of those details that matters. 

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...