Expats in Thailand report successfully registering to receive COVID-19 vaccine

2 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

Not so fast. I have a pink ID card, and have been speaking, reading, writing Thai for 44 years. I was also a volunteer warden for the US Consulate until they ended that program. That isn't enough. 

I thought I registered in person yesterday at my local public health clinic, which happens to be right next door. Told the lady I was there to register for the vaccine. Gave her my pink card, and she didn't bat an eye. All duly noted and recorded, and I was told someone would phone around June 7th. 

So today Mrs. Lawrence went over to do the same. They noticed the last name and address, and told her that I was registered in error. They had a meeting yesterday after I was there and were told we foreigners are not eligible.

So I just finished trying the Mor Prom app for over an hour. Put my name in with Thai script (as shown on my ID), with/without middle name, Roman script, card number with/without spaces, always with the number from the back of the card. All I ever saw was a message in Thai saying "Please enter your information correctly," with an "agree" button. I'm now wondering if they changed the app overnight, or whether it depends on your province, as someone suggested above. 

Until this post, I was defending the government, on the side of the people cheering this on. I have now moved over to the "what a sh*tshow" column.

I had similar problems until I worked out the first number on the back of the ID is an 8 not a B.  Could that be your problem

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Tried to register on Line. Problem when asked for the number on the backside of the pink card. My number starts with a B, but thais start with JT. With B I cannot complete registration. Any advice?

I think you've done all you can at the moment with mor prom.  I guess wait for better news and try again if and when that comes.

If you're a Phuket resident there's another website they ask people to use described here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215703-expats-in-thailand-report-successfully-registering-to-receive-covid-19-vaccine/?do=findComment&comment=16436282

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

I had similar problems until I worked out the first number on the back of the ID is an 8 not a B.  Could that be your problem

Its a B on my card

• Like 1

I don't gave a Thai ID card or pink card but I do have a Social Security card so I got my hopes up when that lady in the OP said she managed to register using her SS number.

However, using the Line app I couldn't see how to overcome the hurdle of the request for Thai I D number.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Well the wife has been trying to register me with my pink card for hours ,it just says the no is not correct ,so ,i cant see how i can register ,especially as i use my pink card at Chonburi hospital no problem.

the system was overloaded yesterday i was lucky and got an appointment for the 10th June. don't put the spaces in on the number on the back of the card . good luck .also get her to put your name in Thai   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Tried to register on Line. Problem when asked for the number on the backside of the pink card. My number starts with a B, but thais start with JT. With B I cannot complete registration. Any advice?

My number on the back also starts with a "B' and my Thai partner was able to register me for the vaccine with a public hospital in Pattaya for June 16.  My pink card was from Pattaya City Hall--perhaps cards from some other areas are not in the system.  

16 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Use the 13 numbers on the front as that is your ID number.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I suspect that it varies by Province.

Here on Samui I was told not to bother. If I walked in for my appointment, I would be sent away again. Thais only until more vaccines are available.

They were very apologetic.

i am 73 no health issues my appointment is confirmed on the app. Saying that they could reject it before the 10 June  will be interesting to see what happens  

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Mine has a B on the back as well, but that number will not work.  It's the 13 digits on the front of the card starting with 06-

When my partner did it he needed to put in both numbers--the set on the front that began with '6' and also the set on the back beginning with "B". 

Successfully registered to be jabbed with Sinovac which hasn’t yet passed Phase 3 trials? Or Astrazenica produced by a company that’s never before manufactured vaccines? If there is not a choice I’d rather wait until private hospitals are able to offer a choice. 

4 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

As a Thai ID holder I can confirm it has no material benefits whatsoever.

Just psychological benefit ( Tabien Baan first then, National ID) of feeling more committed / embedded here as a Property Lessee ( Owner) Resident with Thai Family.

See so many “thai govt” obssessors here.

There is zero reason to trust any govt with any part of your health.

don't agree have used mine for several benefits also it allowed me to register for vaccine   

Just now, PEE TEE said:

don't agree have used mine for several benefits also it allowed me to register for vaccine   

Me to. More than several and find it hugely helpful to have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

When my partner did it he needed to put in both numbers--the set on the front that began with '6' and also the set on the back beginning with "B". 

Strange, the boxes I populated never asked for the number from the back. Yet my registration was successful.

Screenshot_20210502-130801_LINE.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scpchris said:

Have any westerners >60 been successful registering for the vaccine with passport number or Thai DL number?

as far as i can see only with a pink Thai ID card my wife who did the translated on the id card says you have have it 

1 minute ago, Dibbler said:

Successfully registered to be jabbed with Sinovac which hasn’t yet passed Phase 3 trials? Or Astrazenica produced by a company that’s never before manufactured vaccines? If there is not a choice I’d rather wait until private hospitals are able to offer a choice. 

It does nto appear they will be able to offer anything other than the vaccines procured or manufactured by the government. As government reversed earlier decision and has announced private hospitals will nto be allowed to procure vaccines themselves.

It is also starting to look like the private hospitals will get it later than the public hospitals, at least in most locations i.e. with limited supply govt is priortizing the public hospitals. Upcountry private hospitals whose requirement is small in amoubnt and who have an "in" with local officials might fare better .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

There are 2 separate fields. One asks for the ID number and the other, right below it,  asks for the number on the back of the card.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This news story angers me. It ignores the basic problem that the online registration tool will not accept passport numbers.  It's OK to state happy good news for some but there needs to  be major emphasis on how so many expats including high risk ones are blocked BY THE DESIGN of this tool to register. Recently the government announced that all foreigners in Thailand are included in the vaccine program. Really? How is that real if so many of us are blocked from registering?

Oh the irony of people who live here but never bothered to do the most basic steps of getting license, house book ID card etc. Especially those that deride people who have done all the the above. 

Funny how many people "live" here but really just act like they are on extended holidays. 

• Like 1

I can see a day coming in a few weeks or months when the Immigration bureaucracy is inspired to decree that no long-term visas can be renewed without proof of completed vaccination.

When they realize the contradiction in the system, that could energize the vaccination process for all foreigners actually residing in Thailand, whatever their formal status.

Just a thought.

6 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Yes we should definitely all lobby our Embassies and they should negotiate with the Thai Government to make sure we are given equal right to a vaccine paid or otherwise.
I'm betting all Embassy staff in Thailand got vaccinated lol.

Maybe, a friend who works as a school teacher in Mozambique at a Embassy affilated school told me the school staff were informed that they would not get any help from the Embassy getting vaccine from the US

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Oh the irony of people who live here but never bothered to do the most basic steps of getting license, house book ID card etc. Especially those that deride people who have done all the the above. 

Funny how many people "live" here but really just act like they are on extended holidays. 

I have not derided people that do that. STOP LYING. Instead I have been derided as you just did. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, scpchris said:

Blue book wont work. Must have yellow book. I tried to get pink ID

Blue book is for PR and Thai citizens. It's actually mandatory to be in one if you're having PR or are citizen of Thailand.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wouldn't care because the FDA knows more about the vaccines than I do.  Perhaps you're lucky enough to be better qualified and more informed than the world's authorities about specific vaccines.   Of course, I could go by hearsay but that doesn't strike me as being very sensible.

For example, there have been questions raised about the Sinovac vaccine for certain age groups.   

Would you want to have that vaccine yourself?

I also see that Moderna is in the process of registering their vaccine with the Thai authorities.   

Wouldn't you like to wait and see how many vaccines are going to be made available by the government and private hospitals and then make the best choice given the experience of the vaccine with your age group and circumstances?

We can wait because the country is in a virtual quarantine now and for the near future.   

I don't see any sudden, lethal threat happening before then.

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

There are 2 separate fields. One asks for the ID number and the other, right below it,  asks for the number on the back of the card.

That is a strange one.  When I filled in the info, that box was not there.  Maybe thats why they closed access for awhile and updated the app which also removed some of the categories as another poster said.

Edited by ThailandRyan