Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

33 minutes ago, rabas said:

Search for:

หมอพร้อม  or  Chonburi Hospital

You can cut and paste the Thai word. On my computer it is 1st or 2nd App that comes up. It's the big dark green one.

Thanks. I finally found the link and it's on my phone waiting for activation, (which I can't do, 'cos I can't read Thai!). It will be interesting to see whether as a resident of Bangkok I can register with my pink ID and choose a hospital in Bangkok. Some suggested yes, others no.

endless collectively psychotic / deluded rush by foreigners to secure govt. provision in an unfree country of a single tyranny-produced vax of unknown quality...makes as much sense as the failed worldwide covid containment measures, i.e. locking down the 99% who will never die of it or be hospitalized for it..........

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

endless collectively psychotic / deluded rush by foreigners to secure govt. provision in an unfree country of a single tyranny-produced vax of unknown quality...makes as much sense as the failed worldwide covid containment measures, i.e. locking down the 99% who will never die of it or be hospitalized for it..........

Sounds like another fine product of rant-o-matic  Patent pending.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I don't have a pink card, I don't have a yellow book, I don't have any previous medical record...

I'm over 60 but with no medical problems, not on any medication.
I went in person yesterday to the local government hospital...

They said they can't register me using only name & passport number?.

Yes. That's what the vast majority of people are being told. The article in the OP is misleading in the EXTREME.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, swm59nj said:

This confuses me now.  Maybe Im mis-interpreting the information on this current forum.  Im 65 years old living in Bangkok. I posted on another forum the other day regarding my call to the Covid hotline 1422.  I was told foreigners my age could register for the vaccine starting July 1.  With rollout starting in August.  

This news article in this forum seems to say foreigners can register now for a rollout in June.  It says register with your local hospital. What local hospital?  I even tried to call a local hospital yesterday. The person I spoke to barely spoke English, and said no vaccine.  

Your real life experience beats that misleading article.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have another important question which I asked before but nobody answered.

Suppose you did get a new number or even an existing number. 

But suppose you've never registered with that number at a Thai hospital.

Would online registration even work if the system didn't have a record of your number in their database already? 

I recall reading that it wouldn't. Perhaps someone can clarify.

I had never registered at the hospital where I got my appointment. The Line app does not seem to require it or check for. Does not, for example, request hospital number...and withuyt that it would be impossible in many cases to check since most people register at hospitals with their names in English, not Thai as must be entered into the Line program.

I do plan to register prior to the vaccination appointment date though just in case it would be needed at that time. Normally that hospital won't so much as look at you without a patient number and folder generated by medical records, though with a plan to vaccinate >2,000 people a day maybe this will be dispensed with...who knows. I've been meaning to register anyhow since in case of emergency where I was too ill to travel that hospital is where I'd have to go.

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

That was a not a "gaslighting news item", whatever that may be.  It was just an opinion that the authorities will probably find a way to make vaccines available to unregistered foreign residents, although it might not be free of charge.  Obvioiusly they haven't found a way to make the vaccines available to them yet and it is probably a fairly low priority at the moment.  

I specifically said that I doubt they will set up a seperate system to register foreigners.  So how could mean I was suggesting that foreigners could go along to public facilities to register using their passport numbers?  I think it is more likely that when they when have made good headway with vaccation roll out to Thais and registered residents and have enough supply, they will allow unregistered foreigners to book vaccinations at hospitals with enough supply as private patients. That would not require setting up a national database to register unregistered foreigners for a one-off purpose which is not going to happen.

If you live long-term in a country that provides a means to foreigners to register with your district office and you choose not to, you have to accept that you have opted out when the government sets up a system to provide emergency help to those registered by district in an unforeseeable once in a lifetime event.  You were allowed the freedom of choice without penalty for not registering but the government cannot provide you the benefits of civil registration, if you are not in their database.

The MoPH is doing its best to mop up millions of poor Thais who cannot register with Mor Prom because they have no smart phones.  In villages the local adminstrations and tambon hospitals are compiling lists and registering for them.  But that is easier than registering unregistered foreigners because those Thais have ID numbers, so Mor Prom can retrieve their details.    

Your reply is completely disingenuous. 

A paid propagandist for the government couldn't have penned a better apologia.

The news article promises HIGH RISK foreigners early access to doses through the free public system. For June. It says these foreigners can sign up online OR directly.

That is not true.. This isn't that complicated. It's just simply not true.

Private hospitals are not even expected to have doses in June. 

So of course we don't mind paying but what's here in Thailand EARLIER for HIGH RISK people in June is free at public hospitals. 

If you bother to reply please don't twist the actual reality again.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I specifically said that I doubt they will set up a seperate system to register foreigners.

it has been repeatedly announced that a separate system for online registration by foreigners is under development and will be released "later", the first one being for Thais. (Though as out turns out, possible for foreigners to use the Thai version  they have a pink ID card and a lot of patience).

The government is in charge of the vaccine supply, even to private hospitals, and it is obviously advantageous to them in managing that to have online registration (much easier to know how many doses needed where, when).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Brierley said:

And when I visited three hospitals yesterday, and the local health office they all told me that foreigners cannot register until 1 July. It's a great article but what it says, in practice, is wrong.

I registered online at BNH website in Bangkok yesterday. They sent me the link after I sent them a LINE message requesting info. They asked to select Gov free or private (with a cost). No mention of releasing records to anyone.

Edited by jkcjag

24 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

I registered online at BNH website in Bangkok yesterday. They sent me the link after I sent them a LINE message requesting info. They asked to select Gov free or private (with a cost). No mention of releasing records to anyone.

How exactly did you do this? I don't see anything on their website. Also no luck being able to chat or send message via their Line app.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

How exactly did you do this? I don't see anything on their website. Also no luck being able to chat or send message via their Line app.

I have registered with BNH Line. But only name, hospital number, phone number and email. They also rang me back and said they would contact me when they had the vax available, but no date as to when that might be. The receptionist on the call specifically said they would not register Mor Pro patients; obviously they are a business and want whatever they decide they can get away with, (as yet undisclosed). 

Just now, samtam said:

I have registered with BNH Line. But only name, hospital number, phone number and email. They also rang me back and said they would contact me when they had the vax available, but no date as to when that might be. The receptionist on the call specifically said they would not register Mor Pro patients; obviously they are a business and want whatever they decide they can get away with, (as yet undisclosed). 

BNH is a private hospital and isn't a participant in the current vaccination program, they are merely drumming up future business for if/when they are able to buy vaccine.

43 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

I was referring to jkcjag's comment "they asked to select Gov free or private (with a cost)."

They made clear to me there was no "selection".

As usual all very misleading ,extremely annoying and confusing!

I went to the government hospital, 

Huahin yesterday after spending several hours trying to download and register via the MorProm app on my phone.

On arrival at the hospital I was told 

by an English speaking nurse that 

‘They ‘the hospital were not set up for the registration process at all.

So it seems like fake news coming from all directions; Nett Result,

No app down load, no appointment,

no vaccination .

Where do I go from here, down the pub,  whoops I forgot they are closed…………. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peterg40 said:

As usual all very misleading ,extremely annoying and confusing!

I went to the government hospital, 

Huahin yesterday after spending several hours trying to download and register via the MorProm app on my phone.

On arrival at the hospital I was told 

by an English speaking nurse that 

‘They ‘the hospital were not set up for the registration process at all.

So it seems like fake news coming from all directions; Nett Result,

No app down load, no appointment,

no vaccination .

Where do I go from here, down the pub,  whoops I forgot they are closed…………. 

Hurry up and WAIT.

Also watch for new developments.

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You do not need to have ever been a patient at a hospital to register for vaccine there. I did it without having ever been treated or registered at that hospital.

Whether you will need it on day of vaccination who knows; to be safe I will pre-register with the hospital for a patient number before that date.

I am all for people having a yellow tabian ban and pink card but it is misleading to state it takes only an hour.  Yellow book takes some time to get, often including trip to MFA for certified translation of one's passport and multiple visits to the ampur. Was a month long project for me (amput had never issued one to a foreginer before)..  The pink card of course is very fast & effortless once you have the yellow tabian ban, but the TB can be a serious hassle...worth it, at least for me, but definitely took an investment of time, energy  and patience.

My point about hospitals as I said was I would assume many over 60's would have visited their local hospital at least once and so therefore would be registered already. I was registered when we had our first child nearly 10 years ago now I can just go to the hospital with my passport or pink ID and they know exactly who I am .

As for the house book, different strokes I guess. I got my translations done online by a certified translator next day service and had to go to my amphur only once. A month seems well over the odds.

And I'm sorry but people who have "lived" here for years and couldn't be arsed to get a Thai driver's license, house book and ID card are just long stay tourists IMO, which is fine but spare me the whinging about maybe having to need one when you should have it already.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OMG, that kind of gloating about having that I.D. and insults and disdain for those that don't is really rich.

Dude, unless you're a permanent resident or Thai citizen, having a 100 Thai adjacent cards in your wallet doesn't increase your immigration status ONE IOTA more than those that don't.

For example I'm on annual retirement extensions. If you're on an extension, your residence rights here have the same time constraints.

As NON-immigrants. Yes, basically very long term tourists. 

Hear well, I'm not knocking people that have these I.D.s. But I find it disgusting to hear the superior dance of expats of those that do in the middle of pandemic, and the snarky insinuations that the I.D. holding expats are worthy of vaccine access and those without it aren't. 

Most of us that don't have them were barely aware of them before and never encountered an occasion where we might need them. 

As far as driver's license, if you don't drive, then ... 

Lol righto "dude" yaaaawn ????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

My point about hospitals as I said was I would assume many over 60's would have visited their local hospital at least once and so therefore would be registered already. I was registered when we had our first child nearly 10 years ago now I can just go to the hospital with my passport or pink ID and they know exactly who I am .

As for the house book, different strokes I guess. I got my translations done online by a certified translator next day service and had to go to my amphur only once. A month seems well over the odds.

And I'm sorry but people who have "lived" here for years and couldn't be arsed to get a Thai driver's license, house book and ID card are just long stay tourists IMO, which is fine but spare me the whinging about maybe having to need one when you should have it already.

I have visited my local PRIVATE hospital on a regular basis over the years, I am registered there and all my records are there, none of which helps me because private hospitals are not involved with the current program. And I'm not sure why you would assume that many expats visit government hospitals, from  my experience over twenty two years, nearly all visit private hospitals.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, clonetom said:

The first hospital I visited was Mae On Hospital (closest to home), where they were very friendly, but also very clear about the >60 rule and the Thai first clause. The staff there know me and were very apologetic, but also very limited in their "space to move" from policy.

We then contacted Sripat to be referred to Maharaj, as Sripat will not participate the vaccination. At Maharaj, we were told that in this phase that only high risk (>60 etc.) persons are able to register.

That was also confirmed at Nakorn Ping Hospital.

Contacting Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai (just to cover all bases), we were informed that there is currently neither a plan nor a waiting list for "private" vaccination, next to the government's rollout plan.

Any hospital taken the lead is purely speculative in my opinion, as we don't know from whom and at which level, national policies are translated into provincial/regional tactics.

I must say though, that everybody we have spoken to has been very kind and understanding of the situation and helpful. Our local Mae On Hospital has offered to call us directly as soon as there is a change and we can register.

I'm over 60 with underlying conditions.  My wife, who had already booked herself her vaccination appointment for early June, called Nakornping to register me and they told her no expats could register there until after 1 June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brierley said:

I have visited my local PRIVATE hospital on a regular basis over the years, I am registered there and all my records are there, none of which helps me because private hospitals are not involved with the current program. And I'm not sure why you would assume that many expats visit government hospitals, from  my experience over twenty two years, nearly all visit private hospitals.

Must take a bit of time to get around and visit all those expats to find out what hospital they visit must get quite exhausting.

Honestly they should change the name of this forum to operavisa all I ever here is me me me me me me me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Must take a bit of time to get around and visit all those expats to find out what hospital they visit must get quite exhausting.

Honestly they should change the name of this forum to operavisa all I ever here is me me me me me me me.

All the ones I have met!

According to the B.P. frontpage today, Thai's will always get priority, not expats and they deny reports some expats will get vaccinated in this round first.

"After reading the front page of the Bangkok Post this morning, I’m really disappointed in the attitude of the Ministry of Public Health. #COVID19 doesn’t care about race or skin color. So, why do they? No one is safe until everyone is safe. We are in this together"

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1389726362731089920

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to the B.P. frontpage today, Thai's will always get priority, not expats and they deny reports some expats will get vaccinated in this round first.

"After reading the front page of the Bangkok Post this morning, I’m really disappointed in the attitude of the Ministry of Public Health. #COVID19 doesn’t care about race or skin color. So, why do they? No one is safe until everyone is safe. We are in this together"

Replying to
I’m sure many expats are more than willing to pay for the vaccine. I didn’t really expect to get it for free. But unfortunately, we don’t even have that choice as private hospitals still cannot vaccinate people. As a consequence, some foreigners are going away on vaccine holidays
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you point to the article that says that please, I've read through the paper and I don't see it.