Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Well, I'm happy that I moved from Thailand a few years ago to live in the 'poor' country of Laos, where Covid-19 vaccinations are free for all (Lao citizens and foreigners), and where vaccinations are well underway.

I had my first jab of AZ vaccine a few days ago in Luang Prabang, at a very-well organised vaccination station, where every person (Lao and foreigner) was made welcome and treated equally!

If poor little Laos can do this, why can't Thailand?

I'd noticed that poverty-stricken, undeveloped Cambodia has so far vaccinated 1.9 million people, far more than Thailand's 1.5 million, especially considering that their population is only a quarter of Thailand's. Even the Philippines has got more jabs in arms than Thailand. Somebody should point these numbers out to our Covid Czar, and ask him how these backward, barbarian countries have managed to do so well compared with the Thai super race's dismal efforts so far? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I wonder what they will do with the expats who show up for their appointments after registering in good faith.  F off ?

Probably have a good belly laugh, then say to there friends "there told you so farang are stupid and believe anything", then tell you to" don't call us, we'll call you".????

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

If you are trying to ask a question, the answer is that dengue causes the same condition that appeared in the few that had a serious problem with the vaccine. Think about it, the media didn't.

The low platlet count post vaccine only came to light because of a very rare knock on effect.

If you are trying to make a statement, then think about what you write:-

It should be borne in mind that an awful lot more people have had dengue than been vaccinated."

It would appear that the opposite is the case:-

"Thailand has administered at least 1,486,907 doses of COVID vaccines so far".

The Thailand Bureau of Epidemiology in an update Monday are now reporting 55,004 total cases (38,653 dengue fever, 15,917 dengue hemorrhagic fever and 434 dengue shock syndrome cases) in all 77 provinces. 38 dengue related fatalities have been reported.

Edited by sambum

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Why don't you provide a quote of what he said then?

I had to go and take a dump quickly, then my Alzheimers made me forget that I had not.

Edited by Whale

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

it has been repeatedly announced that a separate system for online registration by foreigners is under development and will be released "later",

That's something else that I (and many others, apparently) have missed despite the "repeated announcements" about it.   

Can you please link to one or all of those announcements for the benefit of us slower members?  If you can't link to it, just let us know where we should look.   

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I wonder what they will do with the expats who show up for their appointments after registering in good faith.  F off ?

I wonder too!

Youtubers, on your marks.

Viral videos on a platter?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's something else that I (and many others, apparently) have missed despite the "repeated announcements" about it.   

Can you please link to one or all of those announcements for the benefit of us slower members?  If you can't link to it, just let us know where we should look.   

Thank you.

Thai News Forum.

• Confused 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:45 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Why is that? Maybe you can try rockin' up to the UK embassy in Bangkok for your vaccine...do they actually provide any citizen services there anymore?

Most Governments have reciprocal arrangements on a truck load of matters from Visas to Health Care.

If a Thai was charged a fee for a covid jab in the UK from the NHS then you can be sure the Thais would reciprocate with a fee too. If the jab was free then one would hope it would be free issue in Thailand.

PS. I don't expect anything from the UK Foreign Office & their Embassies & Consulates except maybe a new Passport.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, Excel said:

There is another thread on here which explains that the UK Embassy has done just that not just for the British staff but all the Thai staff as well. 

Never saw that thread..............

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you.

Expand  

Thai News Forum.

Thanks a lot.  Any particular part of all of the forum?

3 hours ago, Magenta408 said:

Astra Z. was suspended in 18 countries without  very good reasons. I do not like the thought of sharing my veins with a blood clot. AZ is renowned for it. It must have come here on the cheap.

Post June all the government provided jabs are going to be AZ. It's a simple cost thing. Free comes at a price?

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you.

Expand  

Thai News Forum.

How about a link?   I've gone back nearly 3 weeks and there are no topics regarding special arrangements being made for foreigners, specifically, to register, unless you're referring to this one...

Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July 123412 

And that one makes no reference to what you say has been "announced repeatedly", either.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The risk is infinitesimal.   

As is the chance of even getting it here for the foreseeable, Thai first even if we are willing to pay and are over 60 with health problems, they just don't care about us.

Edited by clivebaxter

On 5/4/2021 at 2:10 PM, Jingthing said:

It's airborne dude.

It's spread just by talking and breathing. 

Masks are essential.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/transmission-covid-19-airborne-know-173250729.html

Fact: 'Strong, consistent evidence of airborne transmission being primary mode'

Last month, a team of experts reviewed the available research on the airborne transmission of COVID-19 and published their assessment in The Lancet. The experts noted that there is strong, consistent evidence that the primary transmission route of SARS-CoV-2 is airborne.

Might want to check this. Like I said, covid mainly spreads via respiratory droplets (both small and large, and some lingering in the air quite a while). This is not the same as aerosolised particles that you state is the main way it is spread. If it were to spread this way, main, the rate of spread would be much faster, even with masks, as the virus would be carrien the breath. Don't conflat airborne transmission with aersolisation of particles. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

• Sad 1

Steer clear of Sinopharm if you're over 60 and Thailand gets desperate enough to order it.

WHO experts voice "very low confidence" in some Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine data

WHO experts have voiced "very low confidence" in data provided by Chinese state-owned drugmaker Sinopharm on its COVID-19 vaccine regarding the risk of serious side-effects in some patients, but overall confidence in its ability to prevent the disease

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/exclusive-who-experts-voice-very-low-confidence-some-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-2021-05-05/

A nurse holds a vial of China's Sinopharm coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine at a health center in Caracas, Venezuela March 7, 2021. REUTERS/Leonardo Fernandez Viloria/File Photo

12 hours ago, Pib said:

A Bangkok Hospital Group announcement as of 4 May 2021.

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/content/not-yet-open-for-booking-of-alternative-vaccine

image.png.fad037097313cf5c9084a5f55a68d985.png

After saying they have no vaccines, permission to buy, and won't make reservations, then this?

"Please note that giving your own personal information regarding vaccine reservation to invalid agents or media channels can lead to felony which is against the law and regulation."

Jail! Forget the MOPH saying "We don't care about aged and venerable foreigners at this time", private hospitals warn about felony charges for talking about it?

There is some really deep doo doo going down in the background about vaccines. Anutin, is that you?

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

No, my rhetorical question was not about the smaller population of Laos.  It was asking why Laos considers local citizens and foreigners completely equal in their right to receive free vaccinations, and Thailand has stated that Thais come first.

And contrast Laos, and many other countries, with the above post.

Edited by rabas

52 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Might want to check this. Like I said, covid mainly spreads via respiratory droplets (both small and large, and some lingering in the air quite a while). This is not the same as aerosolised particles that you state is the main way it is spread. If it were to spread this way, main, the rate of spread would be much faster, even with masks, as the virus would be carrien the breath. Don't conflat airborne transmission with aersolisation of particles. 

55 minutes ago, DavisH said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

You post a link from 2020. Weak! There has been a major update about this also on the CDC which I recently posted which clearly asserts it is airborne. Also of courses the new variants spread even quicker.