Expats over 60 and with underlying conditions can register for free Covid vaccinations in June & July

webfact

On 5/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, Derek B said:

What is to stop an Embassy to bring in vaccine for it's Nationals and give the jabs in Consulates.............I wonder if this has already been done for Embassy staff & close relatives.

C'mon man; we don't want any logical forward thinking intelligent people in this forum debate! ................5555

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, Derek B said:

What is to stop an Embassy to bring in vaccine for it's Nationals and give the jabs in Consulates.............I wonder if this has already been done for Embassy staff & close relatives.

It definitely has been done for staff.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, sandyf said:

Partially right. It is not the only way, hospitals can register you on the app, but you would need to be registered at the hospital with your Thai ID number from the yellow book.

Or if you have Thai social security I understand that you go to your registered hospital  and they will make arrangements.
Unfortunately I am too old to get registered through the Thai Employer on the social security.
So i will have to get the Yellow book / pink ID.
At present i plan to get out to the UK for the first vaccination. Had enough of these clowns here 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, tandor said:

You need the laser scanned number that is on Thai ID card..beginning with prefix "JT"...guess what..pink id cards dont have them!

Yes Pink ID has the Laser number on the back and I used it to register successfully in the Line app. June 7 appointment, will see what happens when I show up for the jab.

13 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Yes Pink ID has the Laser number on the back and I used it to register successfully in the Line app. June 7 appointment, will see what happens when I show up for the jab.

..mine doesnt...i have a "B' number..not "JT" number.

1 hour ago, tandor said:

..mine doesnt...i have a "B' number..not "JT" number.

My Pink ID number on the backside also starts with a B. 

And the Thai wife's Thai ID backside number starts with a ME; not JT.   

That JT9999.... is just for example only.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jojothai said:

Or if you have Thai social security I understand that you go to your registered hospital  and they will make arrangements.
Unfortunately I am too old to get registered through the Thai Employer on the social security.
So i will have to get the Yellow book / pink ID.
At present i plan to get out to the UK for the first vaccination. Had enough of these clowns here 

Yes, my registration on the app was done by the hospital, but I think you have missed the boat on that. I suspect the hospitals have done all their registrations already.

It is a good idea to get the yellow book but I don't see it as a necessity for vaccination, there is little doubt a passport route will become available in due course.

Getting one jab in the UK would certainly provide some protection against the virus but may not be the best solution. The talk is that re-entry to Thailand may be easier with a vaccine certificate and that would require both jabs unless you get the J&J. That would be a long shot as there is no pick and mix in the UK.

I have a flight booked to the UK mid August and the return is something I have to bear in mind.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 2:31 AM, Derek B said:

I think it will have been done already for staff.......doing it for expats....wow......imagine the scale of the operation......plus you would need a government that gives a fig.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, Pib said:

The article says those with Pink ID card can use the app to schedule an appt.  That implies all Pink ID card holders, but as posted by many in other ThaiVisa threads (to include myself) their Pink ID card number is not being accepted....can not register/schedule a jab.  As mentioned, my Pink ID card is not accepted.   I expect maybe those who were successful in using their Pink ID card to schedule a jab is a result of their local hospital using their Pink ID card for hospital registration vs passport which ended up getting their Pink ID card into the app database....OR, maybe the Pink ID card holders who registered the first few days the LINE app came out were successful because when apparently the app was "not" asking for the number of the back of the card (like it does now) which serves as a security/validity check of the main number from the front of the card that.  Who really knows...but we do know only some Pink ID card holders are having success; many are not.  

The article also says farangs should contact their local hospital/medical facility to book a jab.  Once again many folks in other threads (to include myself) have visited their local govt or private hospital/medical unit only to be told they are not taking bookings and/or they must use one of the apps to schedule a jab....apps that don't work for farangs right now except for "some" Pink ID card holders.    Yesterday the Thai wife and I visited our local govt medical unit to try to book a jab for me--one each farang with Pink ID card/Yellow Book--was told they are not doing manual registration right now....must use one of the apps.  The unit was very helpful in even spending 20 minutes or so in calling central COVID govt numbers to get more info, but were unable to book a jab for me even when they tried using two different booking apps on my phone (LINE app and standalone Morphomt app).  Now, my private hospital here in Bangkok did start taking "requests' through their app on Sunday for a jab....but this is just a request/form you send to them on their LINE app and the hospital said they will supposedly get back with you later if able to offer a jab.

UPDATE:  As I explained in my post above after many tries with my Pink ID card it was never accepted in the LINE Doctor Ready app.  Several of my college educated Thai kin folks even tried entering my data several times....they too had no success.  My Pink ID card number was simply not being accepted.   I tried dozens of times over numerous days....for the last week I have tried daily except maybe yesterday/Friday/7 May.   

Today/Saturday/8 May when I open the LINE Doctor Ready app I noticed the registration page format has changed a little where instead of the data field being in the sequence of first name, last name, ID card number from front of card, number from back of card, and then birthdate to a sequence where the number from the back of card comes after the birthdate field.  And after entering the number from the back of the card another header field appears talking using the number from a non-chipped/magnetic strip card....and the Pink card is a non-chipped/magnetic strip card.   It seemed to me the app was now recognizing my Pink card data.

The version number of the LINE Doctor Ready app was also showing V2.2.9.4 which is a higher version number than previous days.  Heck around 1 May the app version was still right around V1.0. 

Anyway, I enter the data on the first page and when I hit continue instead of getting a pop-up message saying there seems to be problem with my data (a.k.a.., Sorry Charlie) I was now past that the first page....I was thru that first door finally.....and I was able to continue & complete the registration.  And then I scheduled a job for 23 June at my nearby private hospital here in Bangkok I have used for over a decade. 

I know the govt has been doing flip-flops daily on when farangs will be offered a job, whether a Pink ID card could be used or not, etc.  No shortage of flips-flops, backtracking, confusion in the govt's message regarding jabs for farangs.  I will show-up for the shot on 23 June and if they do indeed have no problem providing a jab to a farang and as long as it's not the Sinovac vaccine I will take it; if it's Sinovac I probably will not accept it....just say thanks but no thanks and leave gracefully....wait until I can get AstraZeneca, Pfizer, or Moderna.   

So, the LINE app has been updated.  You folks who have a Pink ID card and 60 or over who were being rejected no matter how many times you tired (like me before) with your pink card might want to give it another try as it "might" work for you now.   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pib said:

So, the LINE app has been updated.  You folks who have a Pink ID card and 60 or over who were being rejected no matter how many times you tired (like me before) with your pink card might want to give it another try as it "might" work for you now.   

I don't get it. Sure you might be able to register but when you go for your appointment they will see you are a falang and might turn you away.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I don't get it. Sure you might be able to register but when you go for your appointment they will see you are a falang and might turn you away.

Yeap....they might turn me away and they might not.  This is my regular private hospital for over a dozen years where I'm scheduled to get the jab....if they turn me away I haven't lost anything....but hopefully they will not turn me away.   The govt has done a lot of flip-flops, backtracking, softening  this weeks in their message regarding jabs for farangs.   

Plus, if my Thai family and friends are a good indicator of wanting to get a jab soonest only a few currently say they plan to get a jab as soon as they can since they don't trust the Sinovac vaccine and don't have much more trust of the AstraZeneca vaccine since it will be made in Thailand.   They keep saying they want to wait for something better (that is, Moderna, Pfizer, J&J) even if they have to pay.  And some are just flat-out scared of getting any vaccine.

I predict the Thai govt is going to have a hard time in filling all current jab appoints in the near term and will open up jab appointments to other groups sooner than currently planned.   The govt will try to save-face by saying they have got more vaccine supply than earlier expected which allows them to open-up. 

But IMO the govt is going to have to do a much better job in convincing Thais to get a COVID jab if the govt wants to reach herd immunity by year's end....I think the govt is going to find out for many Thais it will be like herding cats.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

All the hospitals we rang said registration if over 60 etc is only for Thai, they have had no policy instruction for foreigner from the govt. I got as far as choosing a hospital on Mor Prom- with the id number from my tax card, but that was as far as it went, said the chosen hospital from the list was not recognized. Mor Prom is just a data base handing out appointments, on the day who knows if they will honor them?

2 hours ago, Pib said:

The version number of the LINE Doctor Ready app was also showing V2.2.9.4 which is a higher version number than previous days.  Heck around 1 May the app version was still right around V1.0. 

Another change I saw with this latest version is once you choose the hospital you are interested in for getting the jab the calendar now "highlights" the dates where open appts are available....then click on a highlighted date and it will show the number of appts and times available.   

But about a week ago (and an earlier app version) when we scheduled the Thai wife's jab the dates with open appts were not highlighted.  You just had to select each day to see if any open appts appeared for that date.  And say you clicked five different dates in June to see if any open appts existed on any of those dates and none existed you might just give up and/or go look for dates in July....etc.  But if you had just clicked on one more date in June that date could have had open appts.  With the latest version that problem goes away because days with appts are highlighted....those are the only dates in that month which have open appts.

And with the Thai FDA approving Sinovac for those over 60 both the wife and I changed our jab dates to the very end of June.  Hopefully the Sinovac will have been used up by then....if not, will slip our dates to the right again.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-now-approved-in-thailand-for-those-over-60

Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine now approved in Thailand for those over 60

On 5/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, Jingthing said:

You post a link from 2020. Weak! There has been a major update about this also on the CDC which I recently posted which clearly asserts it is airborne. Also of courses the new variants spread even quicker.

Airborne, as you say. Yes, but they are in droplet form. I would be VERY suprised if the main mode of transmission is via aerosolisation of particles. She me that article that specifically states that aerosolisation is the main mode of transmission. CDC are known to get things very wrong. Aerosolisation would only come into play in enclosed spaces with people close together. 

16 hours ago, Pib said:

UPDATE:  As I explained in my post above after many tries with my Pink ID card it was never accepted in the LINE Doctor Ready app.  Several of my college educated Thai kin folks even tried entering my data several times....they too had no success.  My Pink ID card number was simply not being accepted.   I tried dozens of times over numerous days....for the last week I have tried daily except maybe yesterday/Friday/7 May.   

Today/Saturday/8 May when I open the LINE Doctor Ready app I noticed the registration page format has changed a little where instead of the data field being in the sequence of first name, last name, ID card number from front of card, number from back of card, and then birthdate to a sequence where the number from the back of card comes after the birthdate field.  And after entering the number from the back of the card another header field appears talking using the number from a non-chipped/magnetic strip card....and the Pink card is a non-chipped/magnetic strip card.   It seemed to me the app was now recognizing my Pink card data.

Anyway, I enter the data on the first page and when I hit continue instead of getting a pop-up message saying there seems to be problem with my data (a.k.a.., Sorry Charlie) I was now past that the first page....I was thru that first door finally.....and I was able to continue & complete the registration.  And then I scheduled a job for 23 June at my nearby private hospital here in Bangkok I have used for over a decade. 

I know the govt has been doing flip-flops daily on when farangs will be offered a job, whether a Pink ID card could be used or not, etc.  No shortage of flips-flops, backtracking, confusion in the govt's message regarding jabs for farangs.  I will show-up for the shot on 23 June and if they do indeed have no problem providing a jab to a farang and as long as it's not the Sinovac vaccine I will take it; if it's Sinovac I probably will not accept it....just say thanks but no thanks and leave gracefully....wait until I can get AstraZeneca, Pfizer, or Moderna.   

If you managed to registed, and you are over 60, you would get AZ. (also, possible Sinovac now)

Under 60 and you would get Sinovac. 

You shouldn't register online just yet, if you don't accept these, as these are the only ones available as yet. 

You would also have more success by phoning the hotline to register (as long as you have the Pink card ID). 

32 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Aerosolisation seems to come into play in enclosed spaces with people close together. It is suspected that it is the cause of superspreader events (all occured indoors). It still seems to be an area of debate, though. But I wonder how useful masks are if the main caue of spread is aerosolisation. We are talking about tiny particles that will find it way around any gaps in the mask. I think this is why medical staff use n95 masks, as they have a better seal. 

54 minutes ago, DavisH said:

You would also have more success by phoning the hotline to register (as long as you have the Pink card ID). 

Highly doubtful based on the numerous ThaiVisa posts who said calling central numbers have ended in no results.  And also on my personal experience last Monday/3 May.....as I posted earlier the wife and I went to our local govt health unit/clinic last week in attempting to get me registered (when the app was not accepting me) and the govt unit said they are not registering people manually now.  And two of the Thai nurses even called central numbers in attempts to see how to get me registered and those numbers ended in no results....just the central number telling the nurses farangs can not register right now.   We then dropped by our private hospital we have been with for over a dozen years to see if they are taking registrations--their answer was also no.

Just spoke with a friend.  He just registered with the app and is scheduled for June 9th.  He's over 60 and has underlying conditions.  He said he used the number on his yellow house book.  He tried before and it didn't work, but said his wife had been in touch with someone who told her the app was modified recently.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Just spoke with a friend.  He just registered with the app and is scheduled for June 9th.  He's over 60 and has underlying conditions.  He said he used the number on his yellow house book.  He tried before and it didn't work, but said his wife had been in touch with someone who told her the app was modified recently.

I registered on the first day (2nd attempt) with only my Yellow Book ID. If you left the field for "number from back"empty the attempt failed. By using a "-" (Dash) instead of an empty field it allowed me to register. This info relates to V1 of the app. I havent seen V2 yet. Perhaps this info can be of some use.....

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I registered on the first day (2nd attempt) with only my Yellow Book ID. If you left the field for "number from back"empty the attempt failed. By using a "-" (Dash) instead of an empty field it allowed me to register. This info relates to V1 of the app. I havent seen V2 yet. Perhaps this info can be of some use.....

Thanks for sharing this.

Peopel without a yellow book but with a tax number might also be able to do this, if it still works.

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks for sharing this.

Peopel without a yellow book but with a tax number might also be able to do this, if it still works.

I don't have a yellow book but I just tried this and by putting a dash into the field, it won't let me proceed and keeps asking to have all the fields completed.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:17 AM, vandeventer said:

Why are they making it such a big deal to get a vaccine? And they won't even tell you what vaccine they are giving you. I guess the longer we wait the greater choice of a vaccine we may have.

Who knows why ? It is even more worrying that despite official statements that there are niave people on here who brag about being accepted on the app in the total disbelief that what has been stated is untrue and indeed they will get their vax. I think many will be dissappointed and maybe should be more worried about exactly what vaccine will be put in the arm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brierley said:

I don't have a yellow book but I just tried this and by putting a dash into the field, it won't let me proceed and keeps asking to have all the fields completed.

Did you enter an ID number? That is mandatory. Only the second field (code from back of card) seems to work through just a dash

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Did you enter an ID number? That is mandatory. Only the second field (code from back of card) seems to work through just a dash

Yes, I used a tax ID then a dash for remaining field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 5:42 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

This is good to know because, being an avid reader of T-V, I was convinced Thai officialdom had it in for expats/foreigners

Long term readers know very well that this is not the case. 

• Like 2