Thai health ministry denies they are giving free jabs to expats - Thais come first

webfact

3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Vaccinations are open to everyone over 16 in  Utah and all states and believe.   Initially there was some concern about snowbirds traveling to florida that had a better vax rollout than other states.   But as far as I know the system only restrictions were age based , risk factor based, and employment type.   It was always about protecting the most likely to die.   But what does Thailand do.  Vax the leaders first?  The same leaders who chickened out taking the Chinese jab at the last minute to wait for the AZ.    In Thailand it's all about HISO first then thai people.  Only reason they are rushing klong Tui is because they see this as a spreading site so close to home.  

This is not the same in Grampian or The Black Isle.

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

Now is not the time to be petty about things like vaccinations though. At the very least Thailand should be punished for their governments bad behavior but putting Thai citizens at the end of lists to complete paper work etc... It's only fair after all.

If you want equality, how about letting Thai retirees go to the US and stay for a year for $55 ????

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I saw this last night. This Thai girl in California goes into Walmart and gets a free COVID vaccine, no lines or anything. At the end a health minister ensures us this is NOT true and Thais should not attempt this. I can assure you there is NO citizenship/documents requirement whatsoever (16 states allow illegal aliens to obtain drivers licenses even!).

What's interesting is how the Thai government has to play defense because they know their own policy discriminates against Americans, the very Americans who would give their citizens free vaccinations! This is indeed a new low for the Thai government and it's contemptible indeed.

I can verify this 100%. We had an appointment at local Walmart made 40 hours earlier.  I choose this location because I wanted her to get the Pfizer.  You can see which places have what shots.  Although they may change vax as supply changes.  They had open walk in times  also.   I think there are open appointments each day as the delivery system exceeds demand.   Many people are half brainwashed into thinking the shot contains mind control or something.   My state is Utah.  Here each county was in charge of the vaccine program.  Some counties were faster than others.  I drove to park city, a different county,  to get the moderna, but they had JJ my appointment day 7-8 weeks ago.  No problems traveling  to different county or stare from what I've heard for the shot. 

20210504_072731.jpg

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 2

was at a big farang restorant tonight in Rawai , talked with the GM. He told me Phuket health officials came in and all of his thai staff ( 20-35 years old mostly)  received a free covid vaccine jab , but none of the foreigners working legally  there did. They also couldnt pay for it ????

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It is about time that the World Health Organization got involved with and sorted out this so called government.

I would imagine that they are disgusted by their treatment of foreigners over this pandemic.

As best I can remember, the last time WHO mentioned Thailand, it was to commend them for containing the virus so well. Here in America, Thailand isn't making the news since the reported numbers are very low, so I doubt WHO is thinking about Thailand at all, especially when India is reporting real numbers and is in crisis mode.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Excel said:

And what parallel universe are you living in ? "write to our embassy/consulate and demand they put pressure on the Thai government over this issue" you say.  Most embassies don't give a Tinkers cuss about their nationals, certainly that is true of the British embassy,  so your statement is nothing but wishful thinking that will never happen.

Yeah look at Australia giving millions of dollars to the Thai government for Covid and telling their citizens to get <deleted>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Seems the system allowed anyone to register regardless of origin. Because a few farang slipped through the net we have people up in arms and the Government duly folded. I wonder the furore back home if our governments started denying people their allocated vaccine slot based on race?

On race, or residency or citizenship? Totally different questions. how many of the Australians trapped in India will be vaccinated before citizens? Is there evidence of any country giving jabs to tourists before citizens were vaccinated? Honestly don't know just asking. Before you play the race card would like to see how many other countries with very little vaccine would be giving it to expats before their own people. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

This is disgusting, plain and simple.

In one fell swoop, Thailand has proven that it is fifty years behind the rest of the world.

Please provide any evidence of countries without or with very little vaccine, vaccinating expats before their own people. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Good to know that racism and discrimination are alive and well here. And here I thought compassion was taking a leading edge. Not!

Could you please provide a list of countries with little to no vaccine that are vaccinating expats before citizens.  Cheers. Interested to know.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, starky said:

Please provide any evidence of countries without or with very little vaccine, vaccinating expats before their own people. 

As has been mentioned, that's a red herring. Even with 10 million doses a month, foreigners are clearly still going to be at the back of the queue here in Thailand. I don't see other countries following that policy.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 2

Another sad nationalist headline in a racist country, targeting expats, many aged and vulnerable, many racist themselves.

I am shocked we are already in the vaccine glut stage in USA. Going to have to start giving it away, Govt tv commercials 24/7 from CDC now but there are reports herd immunity may be unlikely thanks to the antivaxX deplorables. I would LOVE to see the US Embassy and consulates start vaccine clinics for US citizens first then free for all but that will not be happening.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

This is a red herring.

Expats aren't asking for before. 

Ok how about countries with little to no vaccine that are vaccinating expats at the same time as their citizens then? Please provide verified links. I know of plenty of countries with excess vaccine that people are travelling to for vaccination can't see much information regarding countries with hardly any vaccine. Happy to be educated though. 

Edited by starky

57 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

As has been mentioned, that's a red herring. Even with 10 million doses a month, foreigners are clearly still going to be at the back of the queue here in Thailand. I don't see other countries following that policy.

Unsubstantiated nonsense. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Another sad nationalist headline in a racist country, targeting expats, many aged and vulnerable, many racist themselves.

I am shocked we are already in the vaccine glut stage in USA. Going to have to start giving it away, Govt tv commercials 24/7 from CDC now but there are reports herd immunity may be unlikely thanks to the antivaxX deplorables. I would LOVE to see the US Embassy and consulates start vaccine clinics for US citizens first then free for all but that will not be happening.

So in effect your saying that the US who has an excess of vaccine should vaccinate US citizens first and then have a free for all. See any irony in that statement? 

5 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Did you even read the OP? Expats get the vaccine when there's a "surplus". What do you think that means if not foreigners to the back of the queue?

I replied to your post. When we get to a point where Thailand has 10 million doses a month and you are being denied vaccination we can have that discussion.  At this point your assertion was an still is unsubstantiated nonsense.

21 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

The US Embassy won't be vaccinating anybody but their own staff, happened months ago,  the excess stocks thrown away or provided to certain elite friends.

Feel free to come back to the USA to get your vaccine. Should be a breeze. They're begging people to get them now.

• Thanks 1