Thai health ministry denies they are giving free jabs to expats - Thais come first

webfact

What is so difficult to understand about it for some of you?

If you are in the Thai health security system you are getting your vaccins. If you are not contributing to the system why would you get your vaccines for free from that same system if you are not Thai?

Can I play golf for free when I'm not a member or do not pay green fees?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

There is also another scenario playing out in the west mainly the USA and the uk and many others where entire populations WILL be vaccinated by end of July. and the airlines will without doubt start the no Vax passport no fly. 

For farang stuck in Thailand that need to travel might find themselves turned back at check in. 

No kidding!  I was just thinking about that...actually becoming stranded in Thailand by my own country.  It's actually my main reason for wanting to become vaccinated ASAP...so I can travel internationally again without huge hassles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

No kidding!  I was just thinking about that...actually becoming stranded in Thailand by my own country.  It's actually my main reason for wanting to become vaccinated ASAP...so I can travel internationally again without huge hassles.

Agree, I don't feel the need to get vaxed but I feel I have to do it asap because our lives will turn into living hell in the future if you are not.

I sent an email to Brian Davidson and had a reply from him in under 5 minutes. He is putting pressure and seeking clarification from the Thai Government. 
There is no gap between @ and fco Surelynot. Worked for me 

• Like 1

Also from what I understand 

Thailand is blocking foreign Embassys in Thailand from vaccinating its own citizens with supplies bought in from home country.

Yep well done Thailand you ARE as racist and zenophopic as every says.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once again the stupidity of Thai management and the lack of  cognitive process reveals itself in way which is as subtle as a turd in a punchbowl . How easy would have been it to say.. " the COVID 19 " virus does not discriminate by nationality and neither shall we in our drive  to minimise the effect of this virus on our Kingdom and our peoples health and livelihood.  We will vaccinate all  people in our Kingdom regardless of nationality , same we would expect foreign countries to cover and suitably care  for Thai nationals who reside in that  country. Our process is to identify high risk and high exposure groups first and treat them as priority and then  swiftly move through the rest of the groups based on  risk profile.  It sort of fits now that Anutin has the job he has.. it would be a waste of an  resource if you put a capable , intelligent person in the role and have them have to  deal with the morons that seem to populate Thai government and bureaucracy alike.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai health ministry denies they are giving free jabs to expats - Thais come first

What a backstabbing sod he is. No one ask for a Free Jab, all we done is Registered for a Jab and they give us a Date to get the Jab.    Wouldn't  be nice that for ones they say something and honer their Words .  Sorry that's just Too much to ask . 

They just Flap their jaws and Try to Think Later.

I am a bit surprised that many of you on here are surprised

I made a terrible mistake when I finished working (28 years) & obvioussly paying taxes 

that I did not pay the 400 Bht a month (or whatever) & keep my SS card.

But you are getting all upset & maintaining ridicule of the Thai Health system 

(Public & Private)when when the Thai en mass start getting inocculated we Farangs will be able too as well.

And why should it be free for us ?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Me too.

But I suspect his inbox will soon have a filter to remove any mails that mention "vaccine".

I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Worth copying to fcocorrespondence@fco.gov.uk, (Whitehall) and, if you have voted in the UK for the last 15 years, to your previous constituencies MP. When writing to the MP it may be worth making the argument that not only are Thais in the UK, irrespective of visa or immigration status being treated exactly the same as everyone else, but also that Astrazeneca, a UK company which benefited from very substantial investment and public funding effectively gave the rights to produce the vaccine to Thailand, whose government have responded to that generosity by putting in place a vaccination regime which would not have been out of place in apartheid South Africa If the MP responds it will short circuit any filters the embassy may have, and may cause a conniption in the immaculate chino ironing department!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, connda said:

The same Thais are problem fully supporting the xenophobic, anti-foreigner rhetoric in their home country.

You will undoubtedly fail to see the xenopohobic anti-Thai rhetoric in your own statement. 

Unless, of course, you can show some examples of these Thais who are doing this.

PH

17 minutes ago, placnx said:

Actually, reciprocity treaties could be interesting. In Canada Chinese have driven up house prices a lot, so making hardship for locals. Can non-residents buy property in China? In Thailand's case, such a reciprocal approach could have an impact, since influential Thais could be affected.

house prices went up because the CDN government decided to 'sell'  residency/ citizenships to these folks with  a fist full of cash, which basically every country in the world did..

35 minutes ago, WineOh said:

spot on mate.

you really do have to ask sometimes 'what the hell are we doing here?' ???? 

I'm married to a Thai woman who wishes to live out her life in her home country.  Should that situation change, I'll leave.  I don't condone racism or xenophobia. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

What is so difficult to understand about it for some of you?

If you are in the Thai health security system you are getting your vaccins. If you are not contributing to the system why would you get your vaccines for free from that same system if you are not Thai?

Can I play golf for free when I'm not a member or do not pay green fees?

Most (the vast majority) would be prepared to pay, if we were accorded the same priority as our Thai counterparts.

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I think the US, Europe and Australasian countries should pass a reciprocal rights bill, that applies to all foreign visitors. So a Thai visitor would be denied healthcare until all indigenous citizens had been served, be told to report every month to immigration, and pay 5 times more to enter zoos, theme parks and national parks. 

it’s only fair.

So you want our farang countries to be as racist, discriminatory and xenophobic as Thailand. We should lead by example not punish by reciprocating. 

How childish. 

It is about money. always has been, always will be. 

Now is the time for rhetoric, got to please the masses.

In the long run Expats will pay handsomely, but will get vaccinated. How many Thais you will windup paying for, and how rich you will make the providers of the vaccine, are the details being worked out...    

2 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

This takes the biscuit. Early in the day I read the Thai govt wants to attract the rich expats to Thailand to invigorate the economy and by 6pm I read an article that confirms the Thai govt are probably the biggest racists on the planet and absolutely despise us foreigners. They are truly sick and moronic. 

Can't fault any of what you have said there mate.

The government hates us and sadly that filters down to the locals as well who grow more xenophobic by the day.

Simply another of many instances of the country 'cutting off its nose to spite its face.' A poor reaction to an apparent failure of those in charge to demonstrate due diligence in planning and executing a national vaccination program. 

If not already done, I suspect this version of the policy will be 'rethought' and changed in favor of one reflecting a bit of common sense; or at least I hope it will.

Covid does not care if a potential infectee is a Thai or a foreigner, and neither should a national vaccination policy. All people in the country are risks and at risk, and for the sake of the entire nation all people in Thailand should be vaccinated posthaste with priorty to ALL most at risk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

This is disgusting, plain and simple.

In one fell swoop, Thailand has proven that it is fifty years behind the rest of the world.

Make it 150 years behind and you'll be just about right.

Why is anyone surprised? Ex pats are only at the front of the queue when they are paying.

Personally they can stick their jabs as far up as they can get it.
How much of the population needs vaccination to achieve herd immunity anyway? 
Let them take their Chinavac and be the lab rats I say I’ll sit this one out thanks.

8 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Can anyone on this forum explain why they, themselves, urgently need the Covid-19 vaccine?

Anyone?

My guess would be that they don't want to get too sick and die. But hey, that's just a wild stab in the dark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

This is disgusting, plain and simple.

In one fell swoop, Thailand has proven that it is fifty years behind the rest of the world.

Racism at its best! We asist and supply vaccine know how and some vaccines at cost price and then they kick you up the backside.  They offer jungle herbs!

What do you expect Thailand is often rascist, a great shame!

• Like 2