Thai ex-convict Deputy Minister spared the axe by Charter Court

snoop1130

Amazing Thailand!

Forget about tough on drugs!  

He also got his wife a job in parliament, cushy job.

Pays to know the head guy and I don't mean Prime Minister of the junta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's the rule of law,

and for Thailand,

The Law of rule, aka Rule by Law.

Not same-same.

He who has the most land (wealth, power, status) makes the law.

The Law of the Three Seals, 1805.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, newnative said:

Disgusting.  Totally spineless court.

I agree BUT the court only rules on the law as it is written or inferred. The court may actually be right in terms of the law.

What I am amazed about is this even went to court, how can such a criminal be a cabinet member in any country? What depths Thailand has sunk to. I thought this place could not shock me anymore, I was wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Amazing Thailand!

Forget about tough on drugs!  

He also got his wife a job in parliament, cushy job.

Pays to know the head guy and I don't mean Prime Minister of the junta.

I always think "how do they live with themselves", "how can they justify what they do".........but then remember they have a totally different mindset........what they do isn't wrong their world.

Just now, Surelynot said:

I always think "how do they live with themselves", "how can they justify what they do".........but then remember they have a totally different mindset........what they do isn't wrong their world.

Obviously.  It's still upsetting.  We have young children and Im older.  I definitely don't want to get sick.  Imagine having to take our toddler to a hospital during a pandemic.  

5 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Isn’t that the same person with a fake phD from a nonexisting university in US?

Tells you that in Thailand it is the three C that counts: Connection, Connection, Connection. Nothing else matter!

What exactly is a PhD in Public Administration anyways ?

10 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Isn’t that the same person with a fake phD from a nonexisting university in US?

Tells you that in Thailand it is the three C that counts: Connection, Connection, Connection. Nothing else matter!

And silly me thought you were perhaps alluding to "Corruption, Corruption, Corruption".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

What exactly is a PhD in Public Administration anyways ?

It means you are a highly skilled professional in the public sector who

- assists fellow administrators with financial injections from public coffers;

- corrects false asset declarations so they are not all too obvious attempts at cheating the revenue department

- helps curate the ailing personal bank accounts of colleagues;

- devises skimming schemes so the needy can acquire real estate and material goods that they otherwise could never afford;

- etc. etc.

• Like 1

What really pi$$es me off big time is that our democratically elected governments who should support democracy remain mute and every day bow down before this convicted felon and harbringer of misery and death with an unelected government. It's business as usual. The optimum word is Department of Foreign Affairs AND TRADE..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nip said:

What really pi$$es me off big time is that our democratically elected governments who should support democracy remain mute and every day bow down before this convicted felon and harbringer of misery and death with an unelected government. It's business as usual. The optimum word is Department of Foreign Affairs AND TRADE..

Democratically elected government.

Chortle  heartily.

Just now, holy cow cm said:

I watched my wife as we watched the outcome on the news. She just looked down and shook her head with utter disbelief and anger being shocked. These people in charge have zero morals or shame.

Wife just told me (watching FB live) they have received a million vaccines today......but it will take seven days to check them before they decide where to send them!

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

As a foreigner good luck gaining entry to  Australia with drug trafficking convictions.

As I posted earlier I know two Thais that have been convicted of serious crimes (one served five years in a Thai jail for drug dealing) that have been to Australia. One still lives there.

You can buy a clean record in Thailand. Everything is for sale here. 

49 minutes ago, Whale said:

I agree BUT the court only rules on the law as it is written or inferred. The court may actually be right in terms of the law.

What I am amazed about is this even went to court, how can such a criminal be a cabinet member in any country? What depths Thailand has sunk to. I thought this place could not shock me anymore, I was wrong.

The guy has a fake degree, so therefore he is ineligible by Thai law to be a politician.

A diploma given by the Thai military is not a degree, although they are trying to say that it is the equivalent of a degree, which is simply not the case.

If it were, why did he buy a fake degree from an online university?

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Wife just told me (watching FB live) they have received a million vaccines today......but it will take seven days to check them before they decide where to send them!

A Million vaccine jabs of what type? Sinovac again? And what does this have to do with the ex-convict unless he is now the one in charge. BTW, they in the USA are totally on the cusp of having really great vaccines now. So what they have presently is seen to be really inferior. 

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

A Million vaccine jabs of what type? Sinovac again? And what does this have to do with the ex-convict unless he is now the one in charge. BTW, they in the USA are totally on the cusp of having really great vaccines now. So what they have presently is seen to be really inferior. 

Says she doesn't know.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

where from? if it's the Chinese one then even the Thais are not keen on them

Edited by clivebaxter

1 minute ago, DepDavid said:

Kind of goes along with if you are a convicted murderer and did prison time for it you can come to Thailand and get permanent residency!  Go figure!!

Unless you are Red Bull...then you don't even do time.......unless you count 10 years in 5* luxury hotels all around the world as doing time........still no Interpol notice issued for his arrest.