Thailand on Thursday reports 1,911 new coronavirus cases, 18 new deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

despite no official approval. Now officials at the Ministry of Public Health said that any embassy can vaccinate their staff with any vaccine without asking permission.

As discussed in another OP.  I am positive the vaccines not yet registered in Thailand have or will be used by the embassy medical staff to inoculate the citizens of that country working inside.  Embassy property is no different then being in that country itself and is considered sovereign. A delivery on a flight from the country of origin can be delivered by an attache in an embassy vehicle straight from the plane thru the gates.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jonclark said:

This obviously is great news. Does anyone have any update in the number of serious cases / ventilators - These two data sets have not followed the flat lining pattern seen recently and have steadily increased. 

Without being cynical does is it possible that the number of tests is also flat lining as well? 

I've not seen any statistics about that, but it should show the result of the real outcome as it is more difficult to distort these numbers.

Anyone who knows how many ICU's & Ventilators are aviable in Thailand?

From April 23 the reported serious cases have been:

352,418,507,563,628,695,786,871,829,954,981,1009,1042 & 1073 in today's report

Also from April 23 the reported ventilator cases have been:

99,113,138,150,189,199,230,250,270,270,278,311,343, & 356 in today's report

Some discrepancy about the numbers around May 1-2 when the numbers seems incorrect, but these are the only official numbers I can find.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As discussed in another OP.  I am positive the vaccines not yet registered in Thailand have or will be used by the embassy medical staff to inoculate the citizens of that country working inside.  Embassy property is no different then being in that country itself and is considered sovereign. A delivery on a flight from the country of origin can be delivered by an attache in an embassy vehicle straight from the plane thru the gates.  

I'm not sure why there should be anything surprising about that vaccine card.

It's a card from the U.S. CDC, for a vaccine issued by the medical unit at the U.S. Embassy... which is U.S. terrain... And the Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use in the U.S.

The U.S. Embassy in BKK doesn't really count as being under Thai jurisdiction, AFAIK. Nor would they need Thai govt. permission for on-site medical issues pertaining to U.S. Embassy staff.

And, AFAIK, you can apply exactly the same principle to each and every other foreign embassy here and their respective staffs, as long as it's occurring on embassy property.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Interesting to see that we now have a breakdown of which vaccines were administered,  Let's hope it continues:

@ThaiNewsReports

· 7h

Vaccinations in #Thailand since 28th February 2021:

First dose - Sinovac 1,085,046 & AstraZeneca 82,673
Second dose - Sinovac 434,101 & AstraZeneca 13

Yesterday, 17,155 people received their first dose and 11,603 received their second dose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 89

new cases today. The total so far is now 3,130. Most new cases in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (38), Chonburi City (18), and Sriracha (17) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

oooops

BREAKING: The Thai health ministry reporting 27 deaths and 2,044 cases on Friday. Full update at 12:30pm. 3 May: 2,041- 31 dead 4 May: 1,763 - 27 dead 5 May: 2,112 - 15 dead 6 May: 1,911 - 18 dead 7 May: 2,044 - 27 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1390468488800608260

Snap.  Deleted my post

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

oooops

BREAKING: The Thai health ministry reporting 27 deaths and 2,044 cases on Friday. Full update at 12:30pm. 3 May: 2,041- 31 dead 4 May: 1,763 - 27 dead 5 May: 2,112 - 15 dead 6 May: 1,911 - 18 dead 7 May: 2,044 - 27 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1390468488800608260

Just swinging up and down, but staying near that 2000 a day case level, which I find very strange.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Glad you told me, I was just going to delete mine instead........lol, I'll leave you to it in future.

You two guys and TallGuyJohn are on the ball daily, and I appreciate it very much.

• Like 2

Not just India, new virus waves hit other developing nations too

It’s not just India. Fierce new Covid-19 waves are enveloping other developing countries across the world, placing severe strain on their health-care systems and prompting appeals for help. Nations ranging from Laos to Thailand in Southeast Asia, and those bordering India such as Bhutan and Nepal, have been reporting significant surges in infections in the past few weeks. The increase is mainly due to more contagious virus variants, though complacency and lack of resources have also been cited.

Health facilities are under pressure in Thailand, where 98% of new cases are from a more infectious strain of the pathogen. Laos came first with a 22,000% increase, followed by Nepal and Thailand, both of which saw fresh caseloads skyrocketing over 1,000%

images

This is a Bloomberg article but thats behind a paywall. This is from 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/not-just-india-new-virus-waves-hit-other-developing-nations-too/articleshow/82393517.cms?from=mdr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Foreign countries have already given millions upon millions in funds which is assistance to Thailand.  What is that money being used for. They can obviously do better by getting ahead of the issue is all we are saying.

"Foreign countries have already given millions upon millions in funds which is assistance to Thailand."

I am not saying that you are wrong, but are there countries giving foreign aid to Thailand knowing that it is run by an unelected "PM" with only a Military Academy education?

On 5/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Another flat line day consistent with the last week of cases.

It doesn't make sense that cases hang around 2000 per day. As we all must know by now viruses always go exponential very quickly unless contact tracing is on top of it. Even with just a few hundred cases even contact tracing is almost impossible to handle. As I've said before it's already out of control and falsified figures will eventually slap the government in the face saving face.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

It doesn't make sense that cases hang around 2000 per day. As we all must know by now viruses always go exponential very quickly unless contact tracing is on top of it. Even with just a few hundred cases even contact tracing is almost impossible to handle. As I've said before it's already out of control and falsified figures will eventually slap the government in the face saving face.  

The epidemic is not out of control, whatever that means, I guess you could say that an epidemic of one case could be called out of control.

The official numbers are not falsified. That’s conspiracy theory material. They may not be accurate, and there may be occasional mistakes.

Contact tracing can handle thousands of cases.

why do you think that new cases are not spiking? 

On 5/6/2021 at 5:11 AM, Surelynot said:

A version of Johnson's ever so successful "whack-a-mole" strategy that led to 156,000 deaths.

Um, there has only been 128,000 covid deaths in the UK to date.

The UK has done badly, but there's no need to lie/exaggerate to make your point.

Edited by nkg