Thailand aims for wider tourism reopening from October

webfact

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I already did one grievously excessive/pseudoscientific 15 night BKK quarantine this year looked forward to full vaccinated return late June and 8 night stay. Now with 10 PCR tests passed and waiting for second dose might just not come at all. Is is really worth it?

I already decided I am not leaving my room. More hassle than it is worth led down corridors like a sick animal by staff in spacesuits then left on a hot courtyard staring at a roped off pool, separated from other foreign zoo specimens by tape lines on the ground.

A dog and pony show I want no more part of jail prisoners in most countries entitled to more exercise

That wasn't the experience of my three friends who went through ASQ.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

First of all, I don't believe anything they say. Even when it is official, and you do everything they require, they can just retroactively change it. They are a bunch of clowns. 

They announced 7-day quarantine for vaccinated people, and you could use the hotel facilities after the third day if tested negative,. So we said Ok, we can live with that. We jumped trough all the hoops , provided all the nessacery documents, Purchased an ASQ, and plane ticket  , got our CEO and packed our bags. Two days before departure, the announced," Ohh . we changed our minds, if you cant make it in by the 6th , now you have to do 14 days quarantine, and you cant leave your room" <deleted>!!!  Lucky for us we had the recourses to , in two days, change our travel plans get a new COE,  and come in before the 6th. But how about all the people who could not? 

Now they say October 1st no quarantine." Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" 

Yes...exact same thing happened to my buddy. He had reduced quarantine due to being fully vaxed, everything in order and COE came back denied due to the sudden changes from the day prior. He was not able to arrange entry before the 6th, so now has to do full 15 night quarantine...same as anyone WITHOUT the Vax. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

That wasn't the experience of my three friends who went through ASQ.

I did quarantine in late January into February at The Solitaire Sukhumvit 11 and pretty much accurate description of my experience. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, cedel said:

I booked also a flight before end of April for the 24th June, as I will be fully vaccinated...A few days later they made backwards and changed the rules, they are really "#*!!@t , untrustable, by luck, I can still cancel or change my ticket for free ....if they put 14 days back for everybody, including vaccinated, that proves they don't believe themself in the vaccine !

It's quite clear the current vaccines are not 100% effective in eliminating infections but lower the risk of getting serious cases, thus reducing the load on the health system. That's the way forward for now til they come up with something better. I reckon realistically Quarantine free travel to most parts of the world won't happen this year or even the next. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yes...exact same thing happened to my buddy. He had reduced quarantine due to being fully vaxed, everything in order and COE came back denied due to the sudden changes from the day prior. He was not able to arrange entry before the 6th, so now has to do full 15 night quarantine...same as anyone WITHOUT the Vax. Ridiculous. 

They are, ridiculous , How many vaccinated people doing ASQ, have tested positive for covid? 10? 5? Zero? , I am willing to bet zero. 

• Like 1

An interesting article:

https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/thailand-previews-difficult-life-without-tourists-2021-05-06/

Thailand previews difficult life without tourists

Thailand already suffers from the “middle-income trap”, and signs of stagnation are increasing. The poverty rate has been rising since 2015 per World Bank data. Tourism pads such traps by creating jobs for low-skilled people, but it doesn’t upgrade their skills much. Nor do hotels, restaurants and massage parlours generate much innovation. In Thailand, tourists also support darker industries: prostitution and narcotics.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

For about the last year, I've traveled extensively here in the U.S.  3 out of 4 weeks of the month it's been about 12 km a week due to 2 local grocery runs.  Occasional runs to runs to the post office or an oriental grocery store across town probably double that.  Traveling is wearing me out.  I long for Thailand and the 7-11s every 500 meters. 

What is wrong with you?  A trip to the local Kroger is "traveling". I got locked out of Thailand for 9 months due to a planned vacation and then the lock down. A trip to Specks of Kroger made my days from being boring. 

29 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

How is Tourism let alone travel ever going to be the same again. Many if not most countries will want proof of Vaccination for Incoming and Outgoing travellers. No Vaccination not travel. Also should any Country suffer a break out while you are there you will be stuck. Borders will shut quicker than in the past. these are lessons we must learn from this Pandemic

Yes the world has changed, there's not going to be any return to normal, back to how it was in 2019. If the pandemic had of fizzled out after 3-6 months then things could have bounced back to how they were, but not now.

43 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I did quarantine in late January into February at The Solitaire Sukhumvit 11 and pretty much accurate description of my experience. 

Clearly quarantine is a very personal experience. I stayed at Amaranth Suvarnabhumi at end of December, had many in house comforts , did my office work and exercised and chilled 

18 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

"Minor Outbreak"  now that is really down playing it!

December 2020  numbers were 5500 infected 50 dead?  Today May 70,000 plus infected 300 dead!  MINOR!????

Jan 8th 2021, 67,000 infected in one day in the UK, which has about the same size population.

What adjective do you think would be appropriate?

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If they say from October all you need is your UK vaccination card and nothing else I'll be back to the wife and daughter asap. I just fear whatever hoops they get rid of, they'll add a dozen more more awkward ones

you can't believe a word they say.

10 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I am tired to hear this kind of news, other countries will not encourage their people to travel.

In the UK the government are giving a list of countries you can travel to, Thailand is not on it

• Like 2