Gotta A Friend Booked Into Shagwells

Rinrada

Avoid. Noisy and Tit management. The pool/swamp is scary. It's also a little out of the way. Arunotai is a difficult soi to walk so otherwise take a moto taxi. No songthaews. I lived on Arunotai for 3 years.

Gotta a friend booked into Shagwells for 2 weeks for a sojourn in Patti.....as said...any?

Says it all........O ..... for the old Palm Villa.....Mai K J. :o

I live in this area now. 30 minutes walk to the beach, 5 minutes walk to Carrefour where you can catch a song thaew to the beach for 10 baht or otherwise take a motocy which there are many of right outside. I quite like the area, not many tourists there, lots of local food and a couple of restaurants. There are laundries, internet shops, local Thai Karaoke joints, fruit stalls and food carts. It is a bit far out for a tourist I think but they may prefer it like that. Also there's a 7/11 across the road now which comes in handy.

Shagwell, can't report on the rooms or pool but they have a great bar called the Outback Bar with a real good Aussie bush theme, bit expensive to drink and eat there but worth checking out the bar. They also have a standard beer bar that doesn't play loud head banging music. I have only been there twice for entertainment and I find it a bit boring and prefer to go downtown.

My general assessment is, not bad, away from tourists and tourist prices, good local food and services. The negative is it may be a bit far out and transport home at night is a must. A song thaew from walking street at 2 AM will be between 100 to 150 baht direct to the door, I hope they have a great stay.

Shagwell, can't report on the rooms or pool but they have a great bar called the Outback Bar with a real good Aussie bush theme, bit expensive to drink and eat there but worth checking out the bar. They also have a standard beer bar that doesn't play loud head banging music. I have only been there twice for entertainment and I find it a bit boring and prefer to go downtown.

So check out the dunnies - Oz bar - must be out back?

Avoid. Noisy and Tit management. The pool/swamp is scary. It's also a little out of the way. Arunotai is a difficult soi to walk so otherwise take a moto taxi. No songthaews. I lived on Arunotai for 3 years.

It would seem you haven't lived there for a while....it is a booming little soi now and whilst still out of the main tourist stream has several little bars and restaurants, a good motorcy' taxi outside and a songtaew service at the end of the road...convenient for Central road and easy access to 3rd road, and South Pattaya. Shagwells has clean rooms well trained staff and friendly management. The owner Bob is a successful artist (painter!) and the small pool and Dacy's bar are great for a little out of the way afternoon.

If the larger rooms are still available, check out the enormous deep bath-tubs!

as it is not an obvious destination most of the customers are repeat visitors to Thailand and are always happy to give advice or share their experience.....and no! I don't work for them!

Edited by wilko

Thanks everyone for the up to date info......looks pretty good. :D

I am seeing the guy who is going out there in about 10 days time tomorrow night for a pint or 3 (here in North London)and will pass onto him all the infomation/news posted.

He has been to LOS before... but...whisper never Patti..... :o