Just in case you think Lazada reviews are genuine.

Susco

20 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

just as on Amazon, lazada sellers pay to get reviews.

Please do not use these two companies in the same sentence. As has been mentioned countless times in this thread already, Amazon gives sellers that manipulate reviews the boot. It is not clear lazada cares.

Here we go again with another Lazada topic. It's not Lazada's fault if you are cheap asses. You buy a 2tb usb for 70 baht you deserve to be scammed. You complain about reviews on a 7 dollars trimmer, really? Buy a Philips or Braun trimmer and pay it 4000 THB not 300. Otherwise, don't complain.

3 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Here we go again with another Lazada topic. It's not Lazada's fault if you are cheap asses. You buy a 2tb usb for 70 baht you deserve to be scammed. You complain about reviews on a 7 dollars trimmer, really? Buy a Philips or Braun trimmer and pay it 4000 THB not 300. Otherwise, don't complain.

Maybe try to read the topic on hand, and don't deflect to make your apologist boat float.

23 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Buy a Philips or Braun trimmer and pay it 4000 THB not 300. Otherwise, don't complain.

Been there - done that - still got a fake (large international platform) - they removed seller - as seller no longer on there system what he did previously (to me) not there responsibility - I could take it up with payment service but would get no help from platform.  It is not only cheapest price that are fake.

59 minutes ago, Susco said:

Maybe try to read the topic on hand, and don't deflect to make your apologist boat float.

Buy at the mall, so you don't have the problem of the fake reviews...no reviews, no stress.

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

“Buy a Philips“.

That’s what I did! Lazada 3.3 or 4.4 sale, gold colored rechargeable marked down to bout 560 Baht after coupon, shipping included. Never expected genuine Philips, but it works great and exceeds my expectations!

I always give honest reviews in English. Thinking it may help improve the platform to some small degree. 

I buy frequently, good advice above about sorting and searching usbg different terms.

My biggest gripe is the multiple dozens of listings for identical items at widely varying prices.

btw: anyone tried to find a 2tb hdd lately? There aren’t any! Chip shortage! (Jib, advice, banana all sell on Lazada.)

Buyer beware, but be smart and have fun! ????

After having looked at LOADS and LOADS of reviews on Lazada and Shopee.....In my honest opinion most Thai reviews for things Suck.....

A Thai review here......It made me happy, It's so pretty, It came fast/slow  the box was packed good/bad....etc

But SOMETIMES you will get a good review mixed in with the garbage...

28 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

After having looked at LOADS and LOADS of reviews on Lazada and Shopee.....In my honest opinion most Thai reviews for things Suck.....

A Thai review here......It made me happy, It's so pretty, It came fast/slow  the box was packed good/bad....etc

But SOMETIMES you will get a good review mixed in with the garbage...

I specially like the reviews : Very good quality, I haven't used it yet.

There are actually a few reviews that say exactly that in the links I posted in the OP, but they are in Thai

• Like 1

Not too long ago, I bought a Shimano bicycle chain from Lazada. Lots of 100% good reviews, saying genuine product, excellent etc.

After about 30 minutes of riding with the chain, and about 12km away from home, it snapped. I assumed that I had done something wrong when installing it, so stopped by the side of the road, removed the broken link and reconnected the chain with my chain tool. About 100m down the road, it snapped again. Ended up pushing myself along with my feet to get home.

If this had been in the UK, I would have expected to get my money back, or at least given a bad review. But I'm a bit worried about getting issues if I leave a bad review here so I just bought one from a different seller, which turned out to be genuine. I generally only use Lazada now for items that cost less than a few hundred baht, anything more, I will travel to a shop to buy it. There's just so much Chinese counterfeit products being sold, and they'll counterfeit things that you wouldn't generally think would be worth their time, like bicycle chains, lightbulbs, AA batteries, you name it.

Thai people seem to review things differently. Many reviews are a picture of the item upon arrival saying excellent, but often they have not even used the product.

Edited by BenDeCosta

On 5/22/2021 at 10:18 AM, canopy said:

Please do not use these two companies in the same sentence. As has been mentioned countless times in this thread already, Amazon gives sellers that manipulate reviews the boot. It is not clear lazada cares.

You might want to think about that statement - as it is not completely true and they are currently under investigation for allowing such activity.  Agree they do a better job but it is not black/white.

Communications between Amazon employees viewed by Recode also appear to expose an inconsistent punishment system in which employees need special approval for suspending certain sellers because of their sales numbers, while some merchants are able to keep selling products to Amazon customers despite multiple policy violations and warnings.

https://www.vox.com/recode/22443153/amazon-seller-supsensions-aukey-mpow-ftc-paid-fake-reviews

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Agree they [Amazon] do a better job but it is not black/white.

This explains why I do not need to "think about that statement". Lazada seems content to have a bad search engine showing manipulated results and manipulated reviews and does absolutely nothing year after year.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, Sundown said:

Buy at the mall, so you don't have the problem of the fake reviews...no reviews, no stress.

Yes, but  when you live like me in a small amphoe, you don't want to spend hours in Bangkok looking for goods ; what I can buy in Lotus, Big C, Makro, Tai watsadu , of course, I buy , but for the rest  I buy them at Lazada, may be 70- 100 items for 8 years, and I am satisfied

not every thing is fake: I have Asus phone ( I checked, it's genuine ), HP computer, Panasonic etc , I am sure they are genuine 

for reviews, I always look at different sites, especially computer site for computer items 

• Like 1