Damn all bean counters

Lacessit

Was it United Airlines back in the 70's that figured out if they served only one olive in their in-flight Martinis instead of two they'd save millions of dollars a year?

Anyway I always thought "Bean Counters" referred to actuaries, a specific branch of accounting, rather than to the calculator operators themselves.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:51 PM, Pilotman said:

It is a well know fact that all accountants were abused as children.  Quite right too in my view,.  If my kids had looked like becoming accountants,  I would have drowned them in the local pond. My youngest daughter did bring it up as a possible career at some point, I said do it, if you want to be disowned and cast out from the family 

It could be worse.

She might have wanted to be a lawyer. ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Anyway I always thought "Bean Counters" referred to actuaries, a specific branch of accounting, rather than to the calculator operators themselves.

Accountants, auditors and actuaries. All start with the first vowel, as does another noun I won't mention.

Actually, I'm wondering what the collective noun is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Accountants, auditors and actuaries. All start with the first vowel, as does another noun I won't mention.

Actually, I'm wondering what the collective noun is.

Just add an "S" at the end of the other A-word.

• 1 month later...

Don't understand why folks seem to whinge on social media rather than deal with the issue.

After purchasing repeat orders from a company and suddenly there's a quality issue. The company should be obliged to respond to a legitimate enquiry and respond  in a manner that fosters a good relationship with the customer. With the hope of promulgating a continuance of business from a good and regular customer.

From time to time, stuff happens and expected quality values may not be met.

Unless the OP is looking to directly confront the alleged miscreants, what's the point?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, alacrity said:

Don't understand why folks seem to whinge on social media rather than deal with the issue.

After purchasing repeat orders from a company and suddenly there's a quality issue. The company should be obliged to respond to a legitimate enquiry and respond  in a manner that fosters a good relationship with the customer. With the hope of promulgating a continuance of business from a good and regular customer.

From time to time, stuff happens and expected quality values may not be met.

Unless the OP is looking to directly confront the alleged miscreants, what's the point?

Agree. This thread shows some people need to get a life.  It's pretty, boring and pathetic. Sorry if that upsets anybody. 

On 5/13/2021 at 6:38 AM, fangless said:

She became a coffee bean counter, AKA Barista, at COSTA (lot of money).

In Thailand ?

Heard they shut up shop over night due to being caught importing beans on the  sly to avoid import taxes.

• Confused 1

On 6/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, jak2002003 said:

Agree. This thread shows some people need to get a life.  It's pretty, boring and pathetic. Sorry if that upsets anybody. 

Did you mean pretty boring,or petty? Whatever, if you don't like the thread, you are welcome to depart. I recommend you take up employment as a film critic.

Update: The curry ramen dish has been discontinued, presumably not enough profit in it. Replaced by curry and rice, which I won't be buying because I want ramen noodles.

Again, damn all four-eyed, penny-pinching bean counters.