Do not feed cats inside the condo property, what is their legal right to do this ? who is this condo manager, how to get rid of him ?

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I disagree.

Our condo is collecting files for people not wearing masks in common areas of the condo, with quite a lot already collected and donated to Thai Red Cross. There are also fines for smoking in common areas, throwing garbage out the windows, etc. So private entity can enforce the fines. They can also disconnect your power and water, charge you interest on late payments, etc. They can call the cops to take you away if you disturb others and they report you. When living in a condo, what you could be at most is a co-owner. Just like the rest of people. And in democracy, majority sets the rules. Those who want to live by their own rules don't really belong into a community project. They are much better off in their own place, away from other people.

Now with that out of the way - while many (most) condos do not allow keeping animals inside the building, or feeding them inside the condo area (within the fenced area), they have no jurisdiction to what happens outside that area. So feeding animals outside the gate they can do nothing about. Many people feed strays on the streets. I did for many years. Many security guards do, they even collectively adopt animals and put collars on them. You can see them walking to convenience store and buying sausages to feed to "their" street dog, for example. But, had they brought that dog to the lobby and started feeding it there, that would be a whole different story. And this is what the OP seems to be doing.

you are dreaming your life or people who pay fines are just stupid.

no way that a condo forces anyone to pay a fine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

hey can also disconnect your power and water, charge you interest on late payments,

this is all what they can do and only if you didn't pay what you have to pay.

They cannot do anything else.

and in a village they cannot even cut water or charge for anything.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

you are dreaming your life or people who pay fines are just stupid.

no way that a condo forces anyone to pay a fine.

Do you want to legally represent those in our condo that were forced to pay fines?

Or maybe them suing you for defamation?

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scoupeo said:

No condo can fine anybody in a property, only public authorities as cops can fine people. This is ridiculous, how any private entity could enforce the fine ?

Also, if it is not clearly written in the condo rules that you cannot feed animals outdoor, it means that you can.

They will have to vote to change the rules. Do not listen to people here who know nothing and seems happy with this.

I also feed stray animals and nobody will ever stop me until I die.

We have just had someone turfed out......rental I guess (not sure what they could do to an owner)........had covid....didn't isolate, didn't inform juristic.

• Haha 1

Since it's outside the condo they can't do nothing. Also the manager alone can not make a decision by himself.

Tell him they eat rats, mouse and other vermin around the condo premises, maybe he change his mind.

I had the same issue at my old apartment people claiming cats would scratch their cars.

Those people know nothing about cat anatomy and behavior. Cats don't use their claws while walking....

Be careful that this idiot is not poisoning the cat. Otherwise you could sue him.

Be aware that taking care of cats is not only feeding them.

You should take them to the vet for a regular check and also spay them immediately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2021 at 2:31 AM, gargamon said:

I would have to guess that you are American, and also likely a Republican...

I'm guessing your 3 wives have left you, kids banned you, cats hate you, and you kick blind dogs at the hospital..

ok, now back to the topic at hand........glad to see the OP came to the land of the free, home of the brave, land where people have rights and animals are protected....

oh wait, you chose exactly the opposite.  that's problem number 1

• Haha 1