Anutin defends taxes on vaccines imported by private hospitals

webfact

Maybe Anutin forgot it is a pandemic and the only goal should be to get as many people as possible vaccinated as fast as possible. 

Withholding the vaccin to the population with more death as a result is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is defending taxes and fees imposed on private hospitals looking to bring in their own coronavirus vaccines.

And Prayut says he cares passionately about his citizens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I can only assume that the millions of AZ that are being produced in a factory in Thailand are going to be heavily taxed this I’m afraid is totally wrong 

The AZ is made in this country -so will not be taxed

Thailand is still, consciously or unconsciously, based on the Sakdina system, which most simply stated means that some people matter, and some don't. We know the results of this in practice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzian said:

Well, the next time there's a free and fair election the Thais can vote these guys out...  just kidding!!

Will they be taxed to run for office and have to pay a vig on the money borrowed.

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Do they have cash flow problems?  Submarine, check.  High speed rail and some highways - Check.  Vaccines - Oh, we didn't budget for that. 

Wait a minute Big Boy! 

Don't take money away from the Thai Moon Orbit mission just to save a few people. 

Where are your priorities man? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The AZ is made in this country -so will not be taxed

You have a link to that with proof they will not tax the hospitals that obtain the vaccine from the government. 

8 hours ago, lujanit said:

Unbelievable.  All he can think of is money when there is a public health crisis.  I wonder if any other country imposes import tax on covid vaccines.  

It is well beyond time Prayuth and his cronies are given their marching orders.

This kind of gives some kind of insight into the Export of AZ when, and if it happens

Export  Taxes applied

46 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You have a link to that with proof they will not tax the hospitals that obtain the vaccine from the government. 

Hi ThailandRyan..... if you read the thread, you will see a Mods warning + their advice not to post about it--but  to google it if you do not know.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Is that on top of the 14% charged by the GPO according to the article, or is the 7% VAT part of the GPO's 14%? 

And will the hospitals have to charge 7% VAT to the patients?

Not that any of that's a massive deal...  As long as they allow private vaccinations to progress.

I don't know how they are going to do it. I suspect every addition will be cumulative.

My understanding is that private hospitals will have to charge VAT on the vaccine component of an invoice. Medical services themselves, such as charges for the doctor's or nurse's time are not liable for VAT.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Hi ThailandRyan..... if you read the thread, you will see a Mods warning + their advice not to post about it--but  to google it if you do not know.

So it is only an article from the paper we can link to got it.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Is that on top of the 14% charged by the GPO according to the article, or is the 7% VAT part of the GPO's 14%? 

And will the hospitals have to charge 7% VAT to the patients?

Not that any of that's a massive deal...  As long as they allow private vaccinations to progress.

Yes, plus their markup...

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

Like many companies, I understand we are actively exploring accelerated vaccinations for our teams, to help us get back to work quicker and more safely.

Just heresay at the moment but one of my Thai bosses  informs me that a contact at a leading international hospital in Bangkok (name withheld) informed them yesterday :

- Private hospitals will not be selling any vaccine that the Government uses to avoid any political issues (read loss of face for government.) This rules out overseas AZ I guess.

- At the moment, Moderna appears to be the leading candidate (at least for this hospital)

- They expect to start vaccinations in July. 

- Wait for it....expats 6,000 per jab, Thais 3,000 per jab. That will be a fun day on TV if/when announced. Buy your ticket now.

- Fees above do not include doctor/nurse fees and peripherals.

This is a 'leading' hospital, so hopefully some cheaper alternatives will be available !

Before I read another poster's earlier guess (5000 baht) and your "insider" info (6000), I was thinking it's going to be 7500 baht. No big name private hospital could resist sticking it to customers (many foreigners) in their opportunistic profit taking. So much for the promised 2000 baht standard price, which we knew would be substantially above that after "fees." 

PS: 7500 baht would be about one-third of a one-way airfare to Canada.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Correction

In previous news articles a universal price of 3,000 baht for both Moderna-jabs have been mentioned. If that's not including a 14 percent fee, then another 420 baht is still a relative affordable sum compared to usual private hospital prices, and it would be less, as the 14 percent would be calculated on the import price, and not the retail price including jab-service fees; some people seems even prepared to travel to US for a jab, so much cheaper to stay home, even with a vaccine import and control duty...????

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

In previous news articles a universal price of 3,000 baht for both Moderna-jabs have been mentioned.

It was never clear to me that this 3,000 figure was per dose, of for two doses. Or if it was all inclusive of any hospital fees. I didn't read every article but this seemed unclear to me. 

Private hospitals will include the 14% GPO "fee" in their "cost" and then price (with uplift obviously) doses individually, then add nurse fee, facility fee, any doctor's fees. And then maybe offer all inclusive packages. All the hospitals will end up being within a few percentage points on comparable pricing, if I had to guess.

Now the question is, are there any other fees which anutin is masking until forced to reveal them.

These little snafus make the regime look incompetent, and offer a scent of corruption. Better to be transparent up front and reveal all. If this is "normal" before being revealed why wait to reveal it?

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anutin you and your covid czar care only about money, sod peoples health, just grab as much money as possible.

You are an absolute disgrace, health minister no, your title should be Co co the clown.

Both these are incompetents', uncaring about anyone other than themselves and their paymaster(s)

However they are only puppets to something else equally or more  obnoxious, dangerous  and self centered 

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Do they have cash flow problems?  Submarine, check.  High speed rail and some highways - Check.  Vaccines - Oh, we didn't budget for that. 

My thoughts exactly Damrogsak, 

Hence all the flip flopping on purchasing vaccines, and all the promises of vaccine orders that never arrive in Thailand... A General Election is required in Thailand, and the sooner the better... 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health is defending taxes and fees imposed on private hospitals looking to bring in their own coronavirus vaccines.

During a pandemic the government seeks a way to create revenue streams? 
This is revolting, inhuman, and unconscionable
Also par for the course in the pathetic excuse of a country where enriching the wealthy comes before basic human rights and public health.  Hopefully these cretins will burn in some Buddhist Hell for what they are proposing. 
Abject, filthy, disgusting greed.  Unbelievable!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1