Anutin defends taxes on vaccines imported by private hospitals

webfact

Yesterday received a reminder from city hall to pay sign tax. Have been ordered to close every second month and yet not only they collecting Sign tax but want full tax as well. And people thought vaccine will be tax free? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Why not what ?  When did the Seychelles become a massive population centre with the data from hundreds of thousands to draw conclusions from ?

Again...Why not what, What ?

You have not understood anything.  Inform yourself.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I filtered out the tax stuff and heard that the privates hospitals are being given the go ahead!

What took them so long?

Chop Chop Jab Jab. 

On the taxes, whatever, aren't the customers going to pay for all the overhead plus plus anyway? What's the diff? 

In any case this will probably be a drop in the ocean compared to the markup the hospitals will put on. 14% is anout 1 to 3 dollars on the cost of most of the jabs..  If we are lucky the hospitals will only charge a markup of a few hundred percent.

• Like 1

So vat ++ and luxury goods tax and of course the duty is inclusive of the delivery costs and storage when they keep it for a month before telling anyone it's arrived so let's tack on say an extra 50% plus storage plus whatever the private hospitals charge for administration etc. Probably get away with for just under 15k baht lol.

Though no one should complain of course because no one wants that "Chinese junk" and everyone wants their choice of their vaccine and demand private hospitals supply it. Well there ya go..

Edited by starky

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Unbelievable.  All he can think of is money when there is a public health crisis.  I wonder if any other country imposes import tax on covid vaccines.  

It is well beyond time Prayuth and his cronies are given their marching orders.

I believe money #1 is the time old saying.

Have they really vaccinated 3% of the population already?  That seems like a stretch.

A few days ago they said the private hospitals have to get their supplies through the government.  The companies weren't dealing directly with private businesses because the orders were too small.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Unbelievable.  All he can think of is money when there is a public health crisis.  I wonder if any other country imposes import tax on covid vaccines.  

It is well beyond time Prayuth and his cronies are given their marching orders.

Marching is about the only thing they are trained to do, anything else is far beyond their capabilities.

I don't really mind about the extra 14% tax.

The Thai economy is in bad shape, no tourists, hotels are closed, associated businesses closed, Thai airways looses I don't how many millions per day.

So every little extra income they can get counts and getting a jab from a private hospital is not something everyone can afford so the well off helps with this indirectly.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I don't really mind about the extra 14% tax.

The Thai economy is in bad shape, no tourists, hotels are closed, associated businesses closed, Thai airways looses I don't how many millions per day.

So every little extra income they can get counts and getting a jab from a private hospital is not something everyone can afford so the well off helps with this indirectly.

Sure if the money wasn't going into some politicians pocket!

59 minutes ago, Excel said:

I suppose it must be true then if the NYT are reporting it ?

Well, they read about it on the Internet and it seemed worth repeating. They had to quote someone, though they didn't quite know who he was or if he had a permanent address.

I heard that Queen Elizabeth jetted off to China to get a couple of factory fresh Covid vaccine shots.  None of that frozen stuff you know.  Guess she got tired of bangers and mash.

• Confused 2

Like many companies, I understand we are actively exploring accelerated vaccinations for our teams, to help us get back to work quicker and more safely.

Just heresay at the moment but one of my Thai bosses  informs me that a contact at a leading international hospital in Bangkok (name withheld) informed them yesterday :

- Private hospitals will not be selling any vaccine that the Government uses to avoid any political issues (read loss of face for government.) This rules out overseas AZ I guess.

- At the moment, Moderna appears to be the leading candidate (at least for this hospital)

- They expect to start vaccinations in July. 

- Wait for it....expats 6,000 per jab, Thais 3,000 per jab. That will be a fun day on TV if/when announced. Buy your ticket now.

- Fees above do not include doctor/nurse fees and peripherals.

This is a 'leading' hospital, so hopefully some cheaper alternatives will be available !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rwill said:

Have they really vaccinated 3% of the population already?  That seems like a stretch.

A few days ago they said the private hospitals have to get their supplies through the government.  The companies weren't dealing directly with private businesses because the orders were too small.

not just a few days ago. They've been saying that all along, so just more propaganda to keep the masses quiet and to give the impatient farangs on TV something else to complain about.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

there is no profit being made out of it

Yeah, and I'm still a virgin.  Never known a business which didn't (rightly) want to make money. 

Edited by djayz

38 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Like many companies, I understand we are actively exploring accelerated vaccinations for our teams, to help us get back to work quicker and more safely.

Just heresay at the moment but one of my Thai bosses  informs me that a contact at a leading international hospital in Bangkok (name withheld) informed them yesterday :

- Private hospitals will not be selling any vaccine that the Government uses to avoid any political issues (read loss of face for government.) This rules out overseas AZ I guess.

- At the moment, Moderna appears to be the leading candidate (at least for this hospital)

- They expect to start vaccinations in July. 

- Wait for it....expats 6,000 per jab, Thais 3,000 per jab. That will be a fun day on TV if/when announced. Buy your ticket now.

- Fees above do not include doctor/nurse fees and peripherals.

This is a 'leading' hospital, so hopefully some cheaper alternatives will be available !

Thanks for the info.

I doubt any other hospitals will be cheaper for the jab itself. just a couple of days ago there was a thread about the hospitals getting together and agreeing to set a “standard” price. Just to make sure no one cut ranks and started to price cut.

I suppose some add on costs might vary.

The ink used to stamp the Import Documents for approval is very expensive and must be freshly prepared for each vaccine import request.  Once prepared it must be used within 3-5 minutes after which it must be discarded and a new batch made.  Adding to this the shelf life of unprepared ink is itself very short and must be used within 1 day of receipt (Note that the import of this ink requires its own special approval and yet another special ink). Making matters even worse is that the lead time for this indispensable ink is on the order of months.  It's only due to the dedication to excellence of the agencies tasked with examining the safety and efficacy of these never-before-used vaccines that we have any hope of importing them at all.

And don't get me started on the extra-special ink used to approve Form 27b stroke 6

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

There is no tax for Sinovac and Asta Zenica.. so why for the private hospitals??

Asta Zenica is made here--- I don't know why there there would not be a tax on Sinovac--or if thats correct.

This guy has lost his marbles send for the doctors in white coats are these taxes going to be the same as importing vehicles with a 200% increase somebody will be lining there pockets the private hospitals should get together and tell the government they won’t stock vaccines unless they get it for the same amount as the government are getting them for AZ are providing millions of vaccines at cost price to countries across the globe so I can only assume that the millions of AZ that are being produced in a factory in Thailand are going to be heavily taxed this I’m afraid is totally wrong 

The largest public health crisis in the history of the nation, and these guys are making sure they get their cut first.

Delivery and quality check will be included in the selling price, absolutely nothing to do with charging taxes. This is completely immoral.

• Like 1