Chiang Mai: All foreigners to get free Covid jabs in June

webfact

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Excellent news if it turns out to be correct. Lets hope that the same thing happens across the country, though I am a little skeptical that it will be so easy.

Don't know about the other districts in CM, but 2 of my farang friends registered yesterday at the district hospital and received appointment dates. I registered at our community health clinic last week. I've since been told that those who register at teh community health clinic will be vaccinated at their village community centre. Those that register at a hospital will have to visit the hospital for their jabs.

Edited by TigerandDog

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's either Sinovac or Astrazeneca. These are the only two approved so far.

It seems that Thai people aren't keen on being vaccinated.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/under-10-of-eligible-registered-for-vaccine/?fbclid=IwAR2MdmlZTPW6eETUaImFjsxYcEemG685zZBezLawVGRogunq17Q164GesnQ

that's why they should let us farangs be done first as the guinea pigs. No nasty side effects to us might encourage those Thais that are dubious to go and register. I do know that all the over 60's in our village are registered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But feel it's just another empty Thai government promise issued in an attempt to placate the proletariat.

Workers of the World Unite

You have Nothing to Lose but your Chains

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

You get plans in place then you communicate about them...

you don’t communicate about plans first without them being in place and then you send a message that the communication system was overwhelmed with response and now not taking requests anymore 

the whole thing has become a joke...and we expect you to  administer a quality product in a timely fashion with competent staff?

And the days and months roll by....

It made sense to me trying to ascertain how many foreigners would want the vaccine, otherwise how would they know how many were needed.

Its not unusual for communication sites to be overloaded experienced it this morning in Australia with a government site.

Happens all the time with airlines, 

Having expertise in the roll out of medical services perhaps you could offer them your assistance then we will all be vaccinated by next week.

8 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Having expertise in the roll out of medical services perhaps you could offer them your assistance then we will all be vaccinated by next week.

Doubt you could find any Thai that would listen to a foreigner ......... let alone a Thai government organisation.

Thai immigration can't keep their website running even though there's hardly any foreigners left in the country and they have 95% more staff than they need.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Latest info-  14/5/2021. This is the current situation regarding  warners getting vaccinated in Chiang Mai, not including individuals with pink  ID cards    

Chiang Mai public health office is constructing a webpage that should be up and running by May 24. There will be a link at Chiang Mai Public Health office website to take you there.

Chiang Mai public health office is constructing a webpage that should be up and running by May 24. There will be a link at Chiang Mai Public Health office website to take you there.   Chiangmaihealth.go.th.    

First priority is vaccination of Thai citizens.     Currently there are just two vaccines that are approved by the FDA.   Despite what people may be being told, at the current time, it is anticipated that vaccines will not be available to non-Thais until the  beginning of August.

Of course, nothing is written in stone, Everyone understands this is a fluid situation. Between now and August it is quite conceivable that other vaccines will be approved. Also, there may be a large influx of vaccines donated from first world countries to Thailand which would then hopefully make them available to non-Thais before August.  

The take-home messages is to begin checking the website in the next 7 to 10 days  to register.   (There has been some recent talk that  non-Thaii individuals may have the option of contacting private hospitals and purchasing the vaccine. But you  will need to verify that on your own.) If you require verification of the above statements,  or require additional information,  please feel free to phone Chiang Mai public health department Monday when they reopen.

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Sadly this announcement came out this morning from the COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai's Facebook group after way more foreigners than expected sent emails expressing interest:

UPDATE COVID-19 VACCINATION FOREIGN NATIONALS CHIANG MAI 14/05/21
REGISTRATION ON HOLD: DO NOT SEND IN NEW REGISTRATIONS AT THIS TIME
The COVID Vaccination Registration Dept. of Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office thanks all those who have contacted them and shown interest in receiving COVID-19 vaccinations. They confirm that the Thai government will be providing vaccination for foreign nationals living in Thailand. However their communications systems have been completely overwhelmed by your kind responses; they did not expect so many would be interested. They therefore kindly request that those interested hold off contacting them for the time being until they can set up a larger team or identify a third party to set up a professional data system suited to foreign nationals. Their present objective is to conduct a pre-registration of foreign nationals in order to get an idea of how many are interested and where they are living in the province; this data will then be used to order correct amount of vaccines and plan logistics. Updates will be sent out when the Vaccination Dept. is ready to start receiving your expressions of interest again; we expect this to be soon. Many thanks

This is totally accurate. The hope is that by May 24 there will be a link on the Chiang Mai public health department website that will take you to a page and allow you to register. Fingers crossed 

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Sadly this announcement came out this morning from the COVID International Community Support Chiang Mai's Facebook group after way more foreigners than expected sent emails expressing interest:

UPDATE COVID-19 VACCINATION FOREIGN NATIONALS CHIANG MAI 14/05/21
REGISTRATION ON HOLD: DO NOT SEND IN NEW REGISTRATIONS AT THIS TIME
The COVID Vaccination Registration Dept. of Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office thanks all those who have contacted them and shown interest in receiving COVID-19 vaccinations. They confirm that the Thai government will be providing vaccination for foreign nationals living in Thailand. However their communications systems have been completely overwhelmed by your kind responses; they did not expect so many would be interested. They therefore kindly request that those interested hold off contacting them for the time being until they can set up a larger team or identify a third party to set up a professional data system suited to foreign nationals. Their present objective is to conduct a pre-registration of foreign nationals in order to get an idea of how many are interested and where they are living in the province; this data will then be used to order correct amount of vaccines and plan logistics. Updates will be sent out when the Vaccination Dept. is ready to start receiving your expressions of interest again; we expect this to be soon. Many thanks

did it made the 24H contradiction  or not   555 ... unbelievable the quantity of misinformation from this "banana" leaders

I am confused i already registered on morprom for the 10th June  using pink ID card  today while on the beach girlfriends arrive and said come quick to register by the roundabout in kohl Samui . but i already have on morprom . no have to do again??  On arrival take a seat took my pink card told me, morprom is no longer (NO GGOD) 

they said come on June 7th we will do for you ..vaccine come then . Girlfriend takes the number to call !! said as you have pink card you be first after 60 years old Thais .i am 72 . so what about the other date i have for the 10th at the government hospital. ahah NO GOOD YOU COME HERE ok we will see 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Latest update is that the CM Health Dept is working on a real registration system for foreign nationals to be rolled out May 24.  

https://www.facebook.com/103166731249724/posts/307368144162914/

Absolutely true. I can attest that the individuals at the Chiang Mai public health department are arduously working to address the health needs of the area, both for Thais and non-Thais.    If there was lack of planning by the higher ups, get serious, what did you expect.?

8 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

So they're gonna Jab Foreigners before Thai's?
I don't believe that although I wish it was the case lets bookmark this page and come back to it in June.
Will they even have enough vaccines by June I heard it will be July??

At the current time, it is estimated that vaccine administration for non-ties may possibly commence in August. However, everyone knows this is a fluid situation and could change due to any number of factors, such as more  vaccines being approved with a donation of national vaccines to Thailand.

4 hours ago, andersonat said:

I imagine that (for me) "proof of residential address" would be a Residence-Certificate, from the Immigration Dept. 

(My name does not appear on any of the Bills for my house.)

The registration website page is currently being constructed, but at the present time there is no requirement of showing proof of address    Identifying information is name, tambon, amphue Telephone number, email address and HOSPITAL were you prefer to get your vaccination.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

I wonder how many means 'overwhelming'? 

Did they mention whether we are allowed to choose the vaccine or not?

At the current time no plans to allow for choice.  But by the. Time rollout for non-Thais starts, quite possible other vaccines will be available.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

I am confused i already registered on morprom for the 10th June  using pink ID card  today while on the beach girlfriends arrive and said come quick to register by the roundabout in kohl Samui . but i already have on morprom . no have to do again??  On arrival take a seat took my pink card told me, morprom is no longer (NO GGOD) 

they said come on June 7th we will do for you ..vaccine come then . Girlfriend takes the number to call !! said as you have pink card you be first after 60 years old Thais .i am 72 . so what about the other date i have for the 10th at the government hospital. ahah NO GOOD YOU COME HERE ok we will see 

I would suggest you cal CM public health dept. Monday afternoon and effort will be made to resolve this

I would like to place some money on this topic. I feel sorry for all you  guys one ring above street bum.  Or are you below homeless but above gypsies?   And this is the government's wording.   

3 hours ago, dallen52 said:

If the PM was excluded from sinovac being over 59.

So should be everyone else.

That was then, this is now !!

My Mil ( 72 yr old) was offered Sinovac recently she politely refused .

Another 1/2 million shipment free from China just arrived, guess which will be given to foreigners ??

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Approved but not ordered and Thailand will thus be back of the queue.nNext year ?

Khaosod English are reporting:

"Thailand is expected to roll out Moderna COVID-19 vaccines to people who are willing to pay for them this October, the Private Hospital Association said Friday."

Though it is clear that nobody is certain exactly when they will arrive.

• Thanks 1

A couple of hours ago I received a further update on the vaccination situation from the same school that sent out the original message yesterday.

IMHO, the information on the data collection tool is a bit optimistic, based on the Facebook post that Nancy quoted. The interesting bit is that those of us who registered by sending emails should be contacted in due course and do not need to re-register.

UPDATE COVID-19 VACCINATION FOREIGN NATIONALS CHIANG MAI 14/05/21  PM

Thank you for your patience. Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office has been working today with a professional online application developer. A new efficient, secure app for data collection has been created. Pending approval it should be ready for use tomorrow. 

Those of you who have already sent in information via email or LINE will NOT need to reapply as they have staff working to enter old data into the new platform. You will receive an email acknowledgement in due course. 

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I agree,

But feel it's just another empty Thai government promise issued in an attempt to placate the proletariat. 

Reading Nancy's post it appears to have already failed.

It's a misunderstanding.  You just thought they meant June of 2021.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, EricTh said:

It's either Sinovac or Astrazeneca. These are the only two approved so far.

It seems that Thai people aren't keen on being vaccinated.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/under-10-of-eligible-registered-for-vaccine/?fbclid=IwAR2MdmlZTPW6eETUaImFjsxYcEemG685zZBezLawVGRogunq17Q164GesnQ

Moderna has just been approved and Johnson is expected shortly. People seem to forget that Thailand has its own vaccine making facility coming online, which is going to provide the bulk of vaccines 

17 hours ago, PFV said:

A couple of hours ago I received a further update on the vaccination situation from the same school that sent out the original message yesterday.

IMHO, the information on the data collection tool is a bit optimistic, based on the Facebook post that Nancy quoted. The interesting bit is that those of us who registered by sending emails should be contacted in due course and do not need to re-register.

UPDATE COVID-19 VACCINATION FOREIGN NATIONALS CHIANG MAI 14/05/21  PM

Thank you for your patience. Chiang Mai Provincial Health Office has been working today with a professional online application developer. A new efficient, secure app for data collection has been created. Pending approval it should be ready for use tomorrow. 

Those of you who have already sent in information via email or LINE will NOT need to reapply as they have staff working to enter old data into the new platform. You will receive an email acknowledgement in due course. 

I just went to Warorot this morning. There is a mobile makeshift Covid registration center with 4 counters inside the market. This is what they told me.

1. Are foreigners allowed to register now?

Yes

2. When will the vaccination start?

Around August

3. Can we choose the type of vaccine?

Not sure.

4. How long will the registration booths be there? Only 2 days - sat and sunday.

Then they asked me my medical history of chronic illness if any, copy of passport details etc.

I asked for an acknowledgement slip of the registration but they said they don't have. They entered my detail in the computer but they say 'it is not in the system' yet. LOL

I think they just entered in a temporary file or something.

Overall, the whole process is quite messy.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1