Chiang Mai: All foreigners to get free Covid jabs in June

webfact

On 5/14/2021 at 1:42 PM, andersonat said:

I imagine that (for me) "proof of residential address" would be a Residence-Certificate, from the Immigration Dept. 

(My name does not appear on any of the Bills for my house.)

For those without a drivers license, yellow tabian ban or pink ID card yes, they will likely need a Residence Cert from Immigration - in which case Immigration is going to get overwhelmed with requests for same.

One thing I don't see in the OP is whether this is only for foreigners who meet Phase II requirements (age >60 or chronic disease). One would think so but they should specify.

• Thanks 1

Why such a delay for Moderna to be available in October by private hospitals?

secure a few million early meaning now and see what the response is...

No fricking way the country will see herd immunity this year with plans changing daily...zero leadership is being shown b/c there is no leadership 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

For those without a drivers license, yellow tabian ban or pink ID card yes, they will likely need a Residence Cert from Immigration - in which case Immigration is going to get overwhelmed with requests for same.

One thing I don't see in the OP is whether this is only for foreigners who meet Phase II requirements (age >60 or chronic disease). One would think so but they should specify.

Interesting. 

Does anyone happen to know what exactly is required to get a residency certificate from immigration?

How long is that document good for?

To add, is it possible that they'd accept other evidence of residence such as your name on a phone bill?

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting. 

Does anyone happen to know what exactly is required to get a residency certificate from immigration?

To add, is it possible that they'd accept other evidence of residence such as your name on a phone bill?

A residency certificate (RC) is valid for 30 days.

In CM, all that is required is the passport, ironically, no proof of address is required! Hey, I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

Each RC is for a specified purpose and may be used only once, for the specified purpose. If you have two activities, both of which require an RC, you'll need to get two RC's. I understand bulk discounts may be available.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Why such a delay for Moderna to be available in October by private hospitals?

Because production capacities are limited, countries who ordered first will probably get their vaccines first, and Thailand just placed the order so they have to wait.

8 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

secure a few million early meaning now and see what the response is...

They just steal them from other countries or how do you think this is possible?

But I would expect that there will be quite a flood of available vaccines at the end of this year.

For example Germany expects to get 300 million doses until end of this year, but there are only 80 million people in Germany. I guess in most first world countries the situation is similar, so by the end of the year there should be quite some amount available for purchase from other countries. If Thailand will buy them and if they have the capacity to distribute them has to be seen.

12 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

I registered through the line group (moprom) where I was able to choose a hospital and a date I chose June 7th.   

Well done.  Do you mind sharing the link or instructions how to get the LINE App you mention in order to register. 

Many thanks

3 minutes ago, stament said:

Well done.  Do you mind sharing the link or instructions how to get the LINE App you mention in order to register. 

Many thanks

Foreigners who register this way will probably be sent away when they show up for the appointment, this is supposed to be only for Thais:

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Foreigners who register this way will probably be sent away when they show up for the appointment, this is supposed to be only for Thais:

Thanks Jack, will give it a body swerve then

48 minutes ago, stament said:

Many thanks

Add the line group หมอพร้อม it's all in thai so you may need someone to help you if you can't read thai.

For ID number I entered the ID number at the bottom of my driver's license. 

I'm have permanent residence so that may be a factor of My success but I have heard people with pink id cards doing the same thing.

Edited by THAIJAMES
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brierley said:

In CM, all that is required is the passport, ironically, no proof of address is required! Hey, I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

Each RC is for a specified purpose and may be used only once, for the specified purpose. If you have two activities, both of which require an RC, you'll need to get two RC's. I understand bulk discounts may be available.

Ah, I didn't realise it was only valid for 30 days, presumably calendar days from the date of the letter not when it was received.

56 minutes ago, stament said:

Ah, I didn't realise it was only valid for 30 days, presumably calendar days from the date of the letter not when it was received.

Not sure but I strongly suspect calendar days from date on letter.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Because production capacities are limited, countries who ordered first will probably get their vaccines first, and Thailand just placed the order so they have to wait.

I am not sure order has even been placed yet.

It was only just approved by the Thai FDA

Ordering will be done through the Thai GPO and can be a long beaurocratic process

Seems very sketchy. Especially through Facebook and a Hotmail email address. In addition the only free thing they'd give us Farang is something nobody else wants. Best to wait for more official channels or just fly back to your home country.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, puck2 said:

No word about the name of the vax....   ????

It seems they want to get rid of the Sinovac - by all means.

Because it has very poor efficacy and some dangerous side effects. The security guard in my condo said he doesn't want that one even if it's free.

8 hours ago, Brierley said:

Thank you.

So by what you are saying an expat might need to go two times to an often crowded immigration office to get two separate residence certificates because the vaccines require two doses (depending on how many weeks between doses)?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Thank you.

So by what you are saying an expat might need to go two times to an often crowded immigration office to get two separate residence certificates because the vaccines require two doses (depending on how many weeks between doses)?

Possibly. I don't know how it is where you live but in CM the room that handles Residency Certificates is apart from the regular offices hence it's fairly quiet. Plus it's a quick process. Here they ask, if you want it for free, come back in three weeks, if you want it tomorrow, hand over 500 baht.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jackdd said:

It's probably because the Moprom app has a 'bug', it can't distinguish Thai ID from foreigners' pink ID.

There's another app that will cater to foreigners in the future.

9 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

If the program can’t give you a receipt for when your appointment is, I wonder about vaccine quality control and program management...

the bus is going down the road but no one is driving it...

The whole program is a mess because this is the first time they are doing it so expect a lot of confusion and errors.

Luckily, they didn't order Pfizer because it must be kept at very low temperatures which they are not able to control.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Thank you.

I gave an outdated RC that I obtained 3 months back to register my vaccine appt at the registration booth and they accepted it. The RC has your Thai address on it.

Most importantly is your passport.

If it is off by a few months , I think it should be alright for vaccination purpose.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Brierley said:

Possibly. I don't know how it is where you live but in CM the room that handles Residency Certificates is apart from the regular offices hence it's fairly quiet. Plus it's a quick process. Here they ask, if you want it for free, come back in three weeks, if you want it tomorrow, hand over 500 baht.

Are you sure it's three weeks? The last time I applied a few months back, it was 5 to 6 weeks including the mail delivery time.

The girl won't allow me to pick it up and insisted on mail delivery. That was in CM.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, EricTh said:

It's either Sinovac or Astrazeneca. These are the only two approved so far.

It seems that Thai people aren't keen on being vaccinated.

https://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citynews/covid-19/under-10-of-eligible-registered-for-vaccine/?fbclid=IwAR2MdmlZTPW6eETUaImFjsxYcEemG685zZBezLawVGRogunq17Q164GesnQ

We've all heard about the risk of the Sinovac vaccine.  But how about the AstraZeneca?  I'm not into conspiracies and have taken flu vaccines all my life.  But did anyone hear about what happened to Eric Clapton?  Just one person....but interesting.

[“My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks,” guitarist writes of reaction to vaccine. “I feared I would never play again”]

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

We've all heard about the risk of the Sinovac vaccine.  But how about the AstraZeneca?  I'm not into conspiracies and have taken flu vaccines all my life.  But did anyone hear about what happened to Eric Clapton?  Just one person....but interesting.

[“My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks,” guitarist writes of reaction to vaccine. “I feared I would never play again”]

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/

That's why I prefer to do my own research rather than listen to a bunch of western newspapers who were paid by the big western pharma.

WHO is financed by some powerful people in the west so they can't be trusted.

There are also many adverse reports in other countries that I won't link here for fear of someone accusing me of 'propaganda' even when I am just telling the facts.

If anyone is interested, they can pm me.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:46 PM, Jingthing said:

Interesting. 

Sheryl said it was "likely" a residency certificate may be needed if you don't have the other credentials.

So right now nobody knows for sure what the requirements  will be