How to look for a land to buy in Issan? Where it is offered/sold...

AndyAndyAndy

• 6 months later...
Guest Isaanlife
On 5/14/2021 at 5:22 AM, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yes, only this village, we live here for 6 years (rent a house). I originally choose this village because my wife knew a friend living here and wife's closest family is living more than 600Km away. Which works great, but doesn't help now when looking for land.

Have your wife inquire will village headsman.

Find the area/estate where you want to live and go visit the nearest 'mom n pop' shop as they usually know everything that's going on in an area. As a westerner, you may be best to keep out of sight too!

Edited by DILLIGAD

On 6/13/2021 at 4:19 PM, Emeraldisle said:

I have a Thai friend in Khon Kaen who wants to sell 1 rai of farm land. Currently growing rice. PM me if you are interested in contact details

If it's farm land then it'll be Sor Por Kor. Farangs stay clear of Sor Por Kor

Freehold Title Deed (Chanote or Nor Sor 4)

This type of title grants the holder of this document full rights over the land, to deal with or to use it to the exclusion of others.

Thus, if you are planning to buy land in Thailand, this type of title deed is the best and most credible title deed to hold.

Almost every day we go out riding out bicycles on the back roads just outside the ring road to Khon Kaen.  We usually do about 10-14k . Plenty of people  say hello to us and ask us where we are from ,

I have instructed the wife to always say  how nice the area we are  is, and casually mention that we would not mind owning property there if a good deal could be found.  You be amazed how many leads we get that way, and or advice. We recently had an offer on one rai for 500k baht With electric and water on a dirt road but close to the paved main road. 

The problem with that piece of land was that it was 27m front, and  62m long , I would have liked something wider, and shorter , because no one is going to build in the front and back , but could build on the sides and would like to be as far away rom them as possible. 

Anyway , my advice is, talk to the locals. With covid and many out of work , some need money and even though they might not even listed, or even thought of selling, when mentioned they might consider it. 

Edited by sirineou