Why Do Foreigners Fully Vaccinated Need To Be Quarantined ?

19 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Probably because there is no way to prove the farang has been vaccinated. They are working on somesort of vaccine passport. I've got a email receipt - you can see how that will be a problem.

Well, I got a CDC card, which should be proof enough for pretty much everybody and everyone. Going through 14 days of hotel quarantine next week in Bangkok, amazing requirement to enter the Kingdom (me being fully vaccinated!). Even the COSTE app I have been required to download considers me VERY LOW RISK, the mind boggles...

CDC_Vaccination_Certificate_(BLANK)_05-01-2021.jpg

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

People flouting the rules early is a main reason reason why this keeps spreading.

You don't think that failing to prevent thousands of people travelling home for Songkran has anything to do with it then?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

Data keeps changing and people don't know what they are doing. Just look at the mask debate and 6' rules if you have any doubt about this.

Wear your mask and do your quarantine and stop complaining until things settle down! Get back in your room!

People flouting the rules early is a main reason reason why this keeps spreading.

Well said????

58 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

You don't think that failing to prevent thousands of people travelling home for Songkran has anything to do with it then?

Songkran, not shutting every last bar down over a year ago. Allowing Thai women crossing the borders back and forth between Burma and Thailand with zero punishment why she and her friends wandered everywhere with the virus. So many major mistakes while they were so focused on their quarantinefor BIG $$$.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Songkran, not shutting every last bar down over a year ago. Allowing Thai women crossing the borders back and forth between Burma and Thailand with zero punishment why she and her friends wandered everywhere with the virus. So many major mistakes while they were so focused on their quarantinefor BIG $$$.

I have to ask: how does quarantine make the Thai Govt. big bucks????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kanada said:

What ever happened to “old what’s his name” anyway!

Its like he just disappeared....having said that I don’t spend much time on N American news these days as I ......just don’t care.

What did happen to him....are they still trying to impeach the poor buggar?!

No… there is an even older poor <deleted> in the WH they should be getting rid of. 

• Sad 1

On 5/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, RocketDog said:

Whatever happened to holding back the ocean waves or sweeping the beach? 

Too much effort for too little return. 

Hey, whatever gets you to go to sleep. Having the resources to do as you wish, is of course a luxury I guess.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:09 AM, simon43 said:

Having a backbone, (as you put it) in Thailand and similar countries can be the fastest route to stress, high blood pressure, violence committed against you and potential jailtime. (I know, from personal jailtime experience...).

Some of us just like to have a quiet life and not rock the boat.  Their country, up to them.

Yeah I can appreciate this post.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, UTH001 said:

Well, I got a CDC card, which should be proof enough for pretty much everybody and everyone. Going through 14 days of hotel quarantine next week in Bangkok, amazing requirement to enter the Kingdom (me being fully vaccinated!). Even the COSTE app I have been required to download considers me VERY LOW RISK, the mind boggles...

CDC_Vaccination_Certificate_(BLANK)_05-01-2021.jpg

Good luck with ASQ here. Too bad you have to go thru it. 

The original owner of HEB stores, Howard Butt, lived a few blocks from me in Corpus Christi in the late 50's. So I recognize the Vax location. Texas I'm guessing.

• Thanks 1

It is totally ridiculous to quarantine people who are fully! vaccinated!

A test can detect 10 molecules of Covid, but it takes billions of molecules to become sick and to be contagious.

Wise up everybody let these people go home!

On 5/14/2021 at 6:12 AM, BritManToo said:

There's a story around where 8 vaccinated baseball players all caught COVID.

If you can catch it you can spread it.

I believe the Thai authorities are correct in insisting on 14 days quarantine for everyone.

Assuming you believe COVID is a serious problem.

Not exactly correct.  If you are fully vaccinated, your chances of getting the virus are greatly diminished.   The current studies on those that do contract the virus show that they are low risk for spreading the virus.   

It would seem that quarantine may be overkill, at least an extended quarantine.