"V" for vaccine! Prayut evokes Winston Churchill in upbeat visit to vaccine center

webfact

6 hours ago, Snig27 said:

Churchill played a major role in winning a world war, despite the fact he wasn't a general. Regardless of his flaws, he's widely regarded as one of his nation's greatest sons (and daughters).

This general's only military (or any other) victory was shooting mostly unarmed Thais then stripping them of their elected government. I see a difference.  

Agreed, and I find any sort of comparison very distasteful considering this 'person' could not lace ol' Winston's boots. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

Huh?

Thailand's  daily deaths  from ALL causes has actually slightly decreased since the start of the global pandemic to less or near than 500 per day on average.

Perhaps  you were referring to another famous incompetent?

Ahh a junta fan exposes himself 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Excuse me ?

How do you extract that bogus assumption from a question challenging fictional commentary?

hours ago, Andycoops said:

I am sure he's happy that his offshore bank account is piling up the dollars while people are dying in their thousands every day because of his incompetence.

So you replied to this in the way that you did indicates that you are a supporter of the current faux government, that leads one to presume you are a supporter of said faux government, I may be wrong but the way your reply is worded is why I responded as I did, if I'm wrong then I will apologise unreservedly, maybe you could be clearer with replies to avoid confusion, sorry.

1 hour ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

he would have been vaccinating the Thai people last year when the infection rates were low

No vaccines on the market last year, but it's only a minor aspect, apart from that I agree. ????

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, webfact said:

Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha evoked memories of Britain's wartime PM Winston Churchill yesterday.

I think he is pulling a Nixon, not a Churchill

Richard Nixon - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, herfiehandbag said:

To be read in a low, growling, dramatic tone!

" We shall fight it in the shopping malls!

We shall fight it in the Hi-So night clubs!

We shall fight it in our Spa resorts!

And if, by some frightful calamity, our nation should fall under the sway of this dreadful virus, our economy crumble and the peasants leave their farms in anger, we shall scurry off and fight it from our overseas investment havens..."

Thai Billboard Charts no 1 this week end

Just now, Cake Monster said:

Winnie had so many words of wisdom, that many are used today.

Prayut has ................ well " what will happen will happen "

And it has, such foresight..... 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, webfact said:

He also did a few heart shapes to show how much he loves the Thai people, reported Daily News yesterday

Clinging on to power is his only thought, while the people he loves so much are sick & dying while he favours in-house manufacture of the cure instead of buying it in.

Call me naive but I had not been aware of the institutional negativity toward foreigners.  I wonder how this bias will affect tourism in the future.  The negativity apparently doesn't extend to Chinese so there may be an adequate number of Chinese tourists in the future to replace westerners who are discouraged from coming.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Winnie had so many words of wisdom, that many are used today.

Prayut has ................ well " what will happen will happen "

I thought that was Doris Day, who admittedly would probably be a more competent national leader...

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Call me naive but I had not been aware of the institutional negativity toward foreigners.  I wonder how this bias will affect tourism in the future.  The negativity apparently doesn't extend to Chinese so there may be an adequate number of Chinese tourists in the future to replace westerners who are discouraged from coming.

Thailand loves tourists with money and it is well known that economic conditions and money circulation in some of Thailand's neighbouring countries, such as China, are better than in Europe or America.

19 hours ago, lkv said:

No vaccines on the market last year, but it's only a minor aspect, apart from that I agree. ????

well finally it seems there may be an alternative which seems quite novel and untried here in Thailand !!!  Anybody like to try ?? Maybe the government should lead by example and test this out ??

This isn’t the first time cow dung has been in the news lately. In Gujarat in western India, it was widely reported that some Hindu men have been going to cow shelters once a week to cover their bodies in cow dung and urine, hoping that it would improve their immunity and help them recover from Covid-19.

Unquote

• Like 1

Wouldn't have happened at all.  We'd all be speaking German.

4 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

.....with a great economy and a Mercedes each. 

The bosses would have the Mercedes

We would all have a VW beetle, made with our own slave labor.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1