Senior Thai traffic cop linked to ex American marines gang who abducted Taiwanese businessman

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CCTV at the site of an Italian restaurant in the Thong Lo area of Bangkok revealed that a senior Thai policeman was involved when a Taiwanese businessman was abducted.

Wen Yu Sung was put in a headlock and dragged out of the L'Oliva restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 26 in the Thai capital on March 28th. 

He was held to ransom at a condominium called NT Court some 200 meters away in the same soi. 

Daily News reported that a policeman at the scene of the rank of lieutenant colonel was caught on CCTV clearly allowing the incident to transpire.

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He is a traffic cop who has already been transferred to traffic HQ but is now facing further investigation after a warrant was applied for. 

He is due to be investigated for his role by the National Counter Corruption Commission. 

Thaivisa reported Sunday that the case concerns a group that included ex American marines hired to pressurize the Taiwanese man after a disagreement of the $3 million sale of surgical gloves.

Daily News named two of the men now in custody as Jeremy M. and Louis S. A Thai called Ekbadin P. is also involved.

Daily News also mentioned a man called Mike who allegedly invited the traffic cop to be part of the group. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-17

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He is a traffic cop who has already been transferred to traffic HQ but is now facing further investigation after a warrant was applied for. 

He is due to be investigated for his role by the National Counter Corruption Commission. 

No doubt it will all be a misunderstanding, e.g. he left his bride to be at the alter and they were all returning him to his bride to be.

He,s been transferred, of course he has, all higher ranking police will say he was acting alone and we are very disappointed in his involvement, we know this is an isolated incident can someone please find out were the brown envelopes he had are now please nothing new here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Absolutely disgusting what some senior Thai policemen will do for money.

To serve and protect is the last thing on police mens minds.

Now let's watch the RTP wriggle and squirm!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

This only one person, still another 5000 to go, just to clean up that level and 200 K + to clean up the rest of them.

• Like 1

Apart from the Thai Police involvement what about the best of the Best being involved possible the failed ones the best of the dumbest , does not show them in such a good light either. Might have brawn but little brains methinks . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yep, 35 years ago at least.

First time I ever came to Thailand for a work project. 

Day of arrival (old Don Muang airport):

- at passport desk, small problem with visa, can be fixed for $

- Customs wanted $ for no reason

- Spoke to taxi driver, no English, another driver spoke some English 'where do you want to go', I was already showing a photocopy of business card of Bkk hotel (Thai and English) given to me by a work colleague from Singapore.

- Driver ranted to his buddy who translated 'he doesn't want to take you to this hotel, very bad people'. I insisted 'my hotel as per card', we took off but arrived at drivers hotel, about 3 stars.

- Driver sits in his car, puts 4 fingers up. I assumed he meant 400Baht which I gave him. Meantime I had pulled my 1 suitcase out of the back seat. Driver took off fast & disappeared.

- Hotel bellboy grabs my bags and we're quickly in the lobby where I discover the room rate is outrageous. But I needed to get to a meeting so I signed in and same bellboy took me to my room.

- Housekeeping manager quickly arrives and holds up 4 fingers, then I discover bellboy can speak pretty good English. He translated house housekeeping manager wants 400Baht to launder all of my clothes same day service. I say 'no not needed'.

- I went into the bathroom to urinate, on return all my clothes have disappeared. 

- I asked bellboy to get me a taxi and gave him my office address, he wants 100Baht for extra service. Taxi came and I went to my office.

- Local Thai manager for my company asks (good English) if my hotel is OK. I give him a summary of what's happened. He says he will get it all fixed.

- Next morning my local manager comes to hotel with his driver who is a big guy. Manager finds me having breakfast and he and driver have coffee. My local manager asks 'did your clothes all come back from the laundry?', I say YES.

- He asks me quietly go to my room, pack my suitcase, check I have everything from the room/bathroom and come back to the lobby. I did that, his driver was waiting for me and quickly takes my bag to the company car locks the car and rejoins us in the lobby.

- Receptionist claims there is a special charge for 'early checkout'. My local guy translates and says NO, then asks for the bill. Takes forever for lobby staff discussions for the bill but it comes.

- My local manager quietly asks me to go out to the car. He then produces some cash and puts in on the counter and quickly leaves, gets in the car and we drive away. I asked him 'what was the total bill and how much did you pay?', his response 'Bill 2,000Baht, I paid 300Baht'.

Welcome to Thailand. 

You got off lightly then! Bragging? LOL

7 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Time to clean up the Kingdom .

couldnt agree more! get rid of all these cynical negative farangs who come live in the Kingdom OUT OF FREE WILL yet all they can do is insult and cynical remarks to their new country.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

what a complete joke. 

look around you, walk on the street, day or night, safe as safe can be here in the Kingdom. That is bc the Thai police are doing a great job.

You couldnt walk safe nowhere in America. Its a freakin jungle there. Now thonk about that next time before you make a careless remark.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

23 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Are you sure the marines were not just trying to help...you know ..."No man left behind"?????

well  they must somehow pay off the big loans they took to pay for their posts

• Thanks 1