Senior Thai traffic cop linked to ex American marines gang who abducted Taiwanese businessman

webfact

7 hours ago, Excel said:

Their are no people lower in Thailand when it comes to morals than the RTP. Well ok there maybe one or two more but you get my point .  The fact that they can not be reigned in is an example of how this country is run and why.

good grief, what have they ever done to you, these  Thai police that they deserve your insulting comments.

Until now i dont see youtube videos of Thai cops shooting up innocent people, tasering innocent people, choking assaulting or killing innocent people or people they arrested.

Youtube however, is FULL of american cops asaulting killing raping beating shooting tasering innocent people including children elderly people mothers.

If anything, Thai police rank among the best in the world. A friend of mine, police detective in new yersey, who visited Thailand for a police seminair, holds the same opinion. He was very positive about the attitude of Thai police.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

This article implies that somebody in the Royal Thai Police may be corrupt. Surely not. 

nahhhh, can't be    555    there is No corruption in Thailand, same as there is No prostitution in Thailand, all it's included on the meaning of "entertainment" word

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Absolutely disgusting what some senior Thai policemen will do for money.

To serve and protect is the last thing on police mens minds.

They think when they become a policemen to serve and protect means to serve and protect their own interests and bankaccounts . 

21 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

good grief, what have they ever done to you, these  Thai police that they deserve your insulting comments.

Until now i dont see youtube videos of Thai cops shooting up innocent people, tasering innocent people, choking assaulting or killing innocent people or people they arrested.

Youtube however, is FULL of american cops asaulting killing raping beating shooting tasering innocent people including children elderly people mothers.

If anything, Thai police rank among the best in the world. A friend of mine, police detective in new yersey, who visited Thailand for a police seminair, holds the same opinion. He was very positive about the attitude of Thai police.

5555555 you'r joking right ?? 

2 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

The traffic cop involved was transfered to traffic police headquarters ??  now they are going to take next steps against him , what does that mean they going to transfer him to traffic police headquarters top floor ?? 

here, even the corrupted ones, caught with their hand in the candy jar,  they don't get fired, only get "transferred" still receive full benefits and full salary, if they would got fired, there would be NONe left at the RTP

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

here, even the corrupted ones, caught with their hand in the candy jar,  they don't get fired, only get "transferred" still receive full benefits and full salary, if they would got fired, there would be NONe left at the RTP

I know that i was sarcastic ????

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

More like swerve and collect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yep, 35 years ago at least.

First time I ever came to Thailand for a work project. 

Day of arrival (old Don Muang airport):

- at passport desk, small problem with visa, can be fixed for $

- Customs wanted $ for no reason

- Spoke to taxi driver, no English, another driver spoke some English 'where do you want to go', I was already showing a photocopy of business card of Bkk hotel (Thai and English) given to me by a work colleague from Singapore.

- Driver ranted to his buddy who translated 'he doesn't want to take you to this hotel, very bad people'. I insisted 'my hotel as per card', we took off but arrived at drivers hotel, about 3 stars.

- Driver sits in his car, puts 4 fingers up. I assumed he meant 400Baht which I gave him. Meantime I had pulled my 1 suitcase out of the back seat. Driver took off fast & disappeared.

- Hotel bellboy grabs my bags and we're quickly in the lobby where I discover the room rate is outrageous. But I needed to get to a meeting so I signed in and same bellboy took me to my room.

- Housekeeping manager quickly arrives and holds up 4 fingers, then I discover bellboy can speak pretty good English. He translated house housekeeping manager wants 400Baht to launder all of my clothes same day service. I say 'no not needed'.

- I went into the bathroom to urinate, on return all my clothes have disappeared. 

- I asked bellboy to get me a taxi and gave him my office address, he wants 100Baht for extra service. Taxi came and I went to my office.

- Local Thai manager for my company asks (good English) if my hotel is OK. I give him a summary of what's happened. He says he will get it all fixed.

- Next morning my local manager comes to hotel with his driver who is a big guy. Manager finds me having breakfast and he and driver have coffee. My local manager asks 'did your clothes all come back from the laundry?', I say YES.

- He asks me quietly go to my room, pack my suitcase, check I have everything from the room/bathroom and come back to the lobby. I did that, his driver was waiting for me and quickly takes my bag to the company car locks the car and rejoins us in the lobby.

- Receptionist claims there is a special charge for 'early checkout'. My local guy translates and says NO, then asks for the bill. Takes forever for lobby staff discussions for the bill but it comes.

- My local manager quietly asks me to go out to the car. He then produces some cash and puts in on the counter and quickly leaves, gets in the car and we drive away. I asked him 'what was the total bill and how much did you pay?', his response 'Bill 2,000Baht, I paid 300Baht'.

Welcome to Thailand. 

You must be lucky, in all my years coming to Thailand never had that much trouble in a month.

Strange story that. It doesn’t seem like the guys who did the abduction were exited, just cool calm and collected ? One picks some eye glasses up from the floor, puts on the table !

3 million dollar rip off , would that have been to a big American company ? 
wonder who hired them ? 

Sadly, a few very bad apples spoil the reputation of a lot of excellent police officers that do their best under difficult circumstances. It is the same for foreigners - a limited few farangs break the law in Thailand and commit some horrible crimes that creates mistrust - such as this bunch and those we read about weekly in this forum. In both cases, the minority spoils the reputation of good people on both sides that simply want to do nothing more than observe the rules and contribute positively to the growth and development of Thailand. That old phrase "Good guys in, Bad guys out" is very true and applies to both sides.

8 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

This article implies that somebody in the Royal Thai Police may be corrupt. Surely not. 

This and earlier articles also seem to suggest that former US Marines shouldn't be working as henchmen for organized crime figures.

Absolutely NOTHING to see here, move along now.

1 hour ago, Pravda said:
1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

what a complete joke. 

look around you, walk on the street, day or night, safe as safe can be here in the Kingdom. That is bc the Thai police are doing a great job.

You couldnt walk safe nowhere in America. Its a freakin jungle there. Now thonk about that next time before you make a careless remark.

You obviously don't understand 1 word of Thai. 

And you obviously haven't had a flat tire while driving through Greenspoint in north Houston after dark.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

This and earlier articles also seem to suggest that former US Marines shouldn't be working as henchmen for organized crime figures.

Absolutely NOTHING to see here, move along now.

Well they shouldn't be working as henchman without a work permit anyway ????????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

It’s not just some senior Thai policemen, it’s the entire Thai system that is rotten to the core. Consecutive polls over quite a fews years have shown again and again that some 65% to 75% of the Thai population have absolutely no problem with corruption. As long as they can benefit from it, that is.

• Like 1

Seems like the cop was hired to make it look official, or perhaps put the taiwanese guy at ease. Restaurant staff didn't seem too bothered that it might be anything other than some sort of arrest.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with Americans or any other nationalities..... let's not be racists or finger pointers. 

Bad people are everywhere, in every country.  

People do things they know they're not suppose to be doing.   But do it whenever they can get away with it. 

Does not matter who you are, where you come from or what God or entity you pray to.....  Crime and Criminals do not discriminate. 

Evil does as Evil wills.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

what a complete joke. 

look around you, walk on the street, day or night, safe as safe can be here in the Kingdom. That is bc the Thai police are doing a great job.

You couldnt walk safe nowhere in America. Its a freakin jungle there. Now thonk about that next time before you make a careless remark.

Your safety walking around Thailand day and night has more to do with Thai people in general than it does the RTP. While many Thai police officers do a fine job, I give you one night in the Thong Lor station, and your opinion will change dramatically.

As for America, you could walk around my home town day and night without a care in the world. In fact, I went to visit my mom once, and did not shut my front door completely. I came back 3 days later, with the door wide open, and not a thing missing. Two murders in 50 years.

Of course, that is not a fair comparison with Bangkok, since my home is in "Small Town USA". Just highlighting that America is a very big place, with many different experiences. Comparing Bangkok to New York or Los Angeles, I will take Bangkok every time.