Thai courts accept "temporary release" guidelines to reduce Covid in prisons

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Business News

Thailand's business media Bangkok Business News reported that Thai courts had accepted guidelines for requests of temporary release of prisoners. 

The news comes as 10,000 prisoners in Thailand's jails have tested positive. 

Many inmates want to get out to avoid infection while the justice ministry is caught between a rock and a hard place with many in the public wanting to see prisons sealed off, notes Thaivisa.

Spokesman Suriyan Hongwilai at the justice ministry said that applications would be dealt with by video conferencing to prevent the spread of Covid-19. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-18

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

I suggest they test them first, and release only the infected ones.

The incidence in the prisons would thus decrease dramatically. 

Alas, nobody listens to me 

Why only release the infected ones (besides that its unrealistic not everyone can be released those with short time left can of course). Those waiting for their day in court maybe too. So you can't just only release the infected ones. There will always be infected ones in jail too. Just release those with little time to go and or waiting for court. 

Also there still has to be looked at flight risk and other risks. Its not as easy as you make it sound.

• Haha 1

This reminds me of Monty Python's Life of Brian, Crucifixion or Freedom ................LOL - In addition what about prison tours what or who are people going to look at ......LOL 

• Haha 1

Great idea.  Let them out to man the crematoriums.  That has become a big problem in India with cremations now going on round the clock in open crematoria with multiple funeral pyres operating simultaneously. 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are they testing them first or just adding to community spread. Are they isolating them first or what?

letting them out then locking them up again in a field prison lol

Excellent idea, let them out on a "temporary" basis. Most likely it will be challenging to get them back into the slammer anytime in the future. I cannot think of a better way to make 100% sure that this flu virus will be distributed evenly and rapidly all over the place. One way to interpret herd immunity, I would assume? 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are they testing them first or just adding to community spread. Are they isolating them first or what?

Don't worry, it's in the hands of the expert, "What ever happens, happens" 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Would have only taken half a brain-cell to realize they should have been one of the first groups to be vaccinated there's only 300k of them. Of course with Thailand's Social Hierarchy they're always going to be last in line now they will have a potential 300k cases to take care of.
Bravo!!

Seems you fully understand Thai logic - what ever constitutes Thai logic ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

I suggest they test them first, and release only the infected ones.

The incidence in the prisons would thus decrease dramatically. 

Alas, nobody listens to me 

That sorts out the problem of infected prisoners very quickly, although hopefully the officials maintain their high level of stupidity and don't take up the suggestion. 

• Like 1

There are plenty of empty hotel room. Why not put the prisoners' in a locked room at least they will be separated and once they test negative send them back to the slammer.  The power of an emergency decree that's all it takes. 555

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Excellent idea. At last someone has come up with the idea that if you let them all out, then the prisons will have no cases of Covid. That man should make a PM one day, well only if he has mates with guns he will.

The funniest thing I've read all day.

+3

Aside from the issue of letting violent criminals out into the general population... These people by very definition are antisocial, sociopaths, potentially psychopaths. What are the odds of them obeying the fairly simple social rules related to this pandemic?

Edited by kynikoi

5 hours ago, Excel said:

Excellent idea. At last someone has come up with the idea that if you let them all out, then the prisons will have no cases of Covid. That man should make a PM one day, well only if he has mates with guns he will.

'That man should make a PM one day'  

Is that make one out of some sticky-back plastic and a pair of Val's old knickers?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'That man should make a PM one day'  

Is that make one out of some sticky-back plastic and a pair of Val's old knickers?

forget the knickers , they are useful

Great idea, I wonder how many infected bodies will perhaps be tempted to tell a little lie to get back to the misses and family? 

It will only take one infected person, they leave go to bus station queue up for ticket, buy a snack, sit on the bus arrive home bit of a party/get-together job done.....welcome wave 5!

• Like 1

Hope they're the negative tested inmates :). I was reading - i think on Thai Tiger - they are being placed on house arrest....WOW. They don't have to quarantine coming out a hot bed of covid but vaccinated travelers with negative tests do??? Wow, just wow!