British man arrested in Chiang Mai after allegedly threatening monk with a machete

snoop1130

Many unanswered aspects of this brief story/video. However, the barstool crowd has all the answers, to include the outcome and punishment to be metted out. Truly amazing.

• Confused 2

53 minutes ago, impulse said:

C'mon.  Admit it... 

How many posting here have had the same thought when those temple speakers go off at 5:30 AM?

Yes, places of peace, tranquility and meditation my ass. 

• Like 2

ONCB conducted a joint assessment with the Ministry of Interior on the extent of the drug problem in 82,127 villages and communities in Thailand.

-------

People want Immigration to check old people if a 90-day report is missed?  hahahhhahhahahaa........got bigger fish.  

• Like 1

Well,

Just looking at it sensibly. You do not go to visit and speak to a monk at the local temple to air your grievances with a machete in your hand, it tends to be misunderstood, and I don't think it has anything to do with a language barrier.

Ganja or weed whatever, (and I am not getting into the drugs argument for people to start firing the alcohol one back at me), is known on occasions to have a paranoia  effect on individuals.

If the guy as stated, was having feelings of people being against him in the village and sick of the corruption, this will only heightened by drug use.

He doesn't seem a bad man when he's not waving that machete around.

Either way, no way to behave to get a point across.

• Like 2

"British man arrested in Chiang Mai ............"

Why not "Foreigner arrested in Chiang Mai..........."?

and  "Police in Chiang Mai have arrested a British after he allegedly threatened a monk with a machete."

A "British?" It's like saying "a French" or a "Spanish" - the journalist should have stuck to "foreigner" - it's easier, but no - tar and feather the "BRIT" as is often the case on here. 

• Like 1

I think the bamboo building he is in has a lot to do with it. I'd be surprised if it's his house. There's a school in CM built like that, I think it's like an international school that's also bhuddist. 

Is he really on overstay or is possible he's on amnesty? I'm not sure how that works these days.

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

Something isnt right here.

I"ve been told(by a friend) that cannabis makes you relaxed and smile a lot and do nothing more than eat wotsits and chocolate .

The last thing i (my friend) would do is go aroungd waving a machete at the buddahs .

Actually your ' friend ' is right but paranoia is also another side effect.

The ' wotsits ' and ' chocolate '  cravings according to ' my friend ' is commonly referred to it by users as ' The munchies '

• Like 1
  • Haha 1