Register for vaccine with your passport number at Chulabhorn (open now)

Oxx

Just tried it, did not work. Rejects passport number and wanted id number. Past a few minutes though ???? Failed on second try as well. How many people have their blood pressure reading to hand?

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Puccini said:

With your passport number?

The page doesn't validate the passport number (you can put in complete gibberish and it will accept it).  You do, however, have to check the Card Type/Passport No. radiobutton first.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

The page doesn't validate the passport number (you can put in complete gibberish and it will accept it).  You do, however, have to check the Card Type/Passport No. radiobutton first.

Did that, still did not work, registered on Mor Prom anyway

Registration does work but information is quite sketchy. Anyway the point is -as noted in red when you have completed the registration- that there is currently no vaccine available and that you will get a SMS when more information is available.

A few hospitals have been doing this for quite some time.  But what's the point unless you want the AZ or Chinese jab??? 

We were registered by our local village officials.  Easy.  Jabs are suppose to start in June.  But not sure we'll do it as I'd rather have Pfizer or Moderna.

• Like 1

I successfully registered also. This is the message translated to English

.1. there are 2 parts in this system is register to request to get vaccine and make an appointment for vaccination, the people will get vaccine or not depends on the dose of vaccine the hospital receives from the ministry of public health each week

17 hours ago, Oxx said:

It's all straightforward and in both English and Thai, apart from the "year of birth" field which needs to be in BE (i.e. CE + 543).

Did the registration successful and a neat side effect: in English the birthday is converted back to AD incl. day of week ????

I printed(saved) the final page as a PDF file.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Did the registration successful

With passport number, name and two surnames in latin script of course.

Additionally screenshots. Browser in full screen and zoom out, only 2 screenshots.

Just to give everyone an update on the situation at the hospital. They have both the Chinese and the British vaccine they will send an SMS but at the moment they cannot say when as there are so many people who have registered it might be two or three weeks. They already started vaccinating up to 2000 people per day and you will be able to choose. what brand you want. It is open for everyone from 18 years and older so there is no age limit so there are so many people who have registered.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, steveb6 said:

. It is open for everyone from 18 years and older so there is no age limit so there are so many people who have registered.

But will they handle vaccinations in order of registration (first come, first served) or prioritize vulnerable groups (60+, underlying conditions etc)? If they have started vaccinations already, this should probably be known by now.   

On 5/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, steveb6 said:

Just to give everyone an update on the situation at the hospital. They have both the Chinese and the British vaccine they will send an SMS but at the moment they cannot say when as there are so many people who have registered it might be two or three weeks. They already started vaccinating up to 2000 people per day and you will be able to choose. what brand you want. It is open for everyone from 18 years and older so there is no age limit so there are so many people who have registered.

Where did you see this information?  I see nothing about which vaccines they offer. 

They have a new announcement on their home page, in Thai, saying they already sent out some SMS messages informing early registrants to schedule an appointment.  So there is some progress.

In addition to Chulabhorn Hospital, are there any other hospitals in Bangkok that are accepting online registration for COVID-19 vaccination? Am looking for a hospital near my home.

Very impressive.

Simple web interfaces which take minutes to complete.

Kudos to the teams that put these together.

Spend all effort on procuring and administering vaccines, and not making useless registration apps with stoopid names.

Just shows how simple something can be compared to the "government" excreting another usless app.

2 hours ago, samtam said:

Jonathan Head

@pakhead

Vimut confused people by saying you can book a slot online now. That isn’t possible. I’m not even sure that online registration by foreigners for the govt vaccines is possible b4 7 June. Even if you register online with Vimut you will still probably have to do so again in person.

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/1396437214859386884

I'm not sure why the Vimut registration would be open now if it wasn't available until 7 June. Or indeed, why it would "acknowledge receipt" once you complete and send.

As this response said:

Ian Bishop

@ianuk06

·

16hReplying to

@pakhead

and

@RichardBarrow

It didn't say anything about booking an appointment. Just asked to register your interest. I guess they need to get some idea of the number of vaccine doses they need.

Anyway, they say they will respond by SMS, presumably after 7 June.

Edited by samtam

• 2 weeks later...

when I have registered with them around 20.5 I was some 550 000 in the line.

Sadly, this program will be closed, as of 14.6.

They were doing only 2k per day.

Apparently, the health ministry cut them from their vax program.

This hospital was the second one for vax for foreigners in Bangkok, after Vimut Hospital (which also closed down it's vax program just yesterday, but they had only some 7500 registered, exclusively foreigners)

I have never received from them any info, after registering with both.

From now on I won't bother - they are only using our data for spamming with sms and whatsapp.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chulabhorn-hospital-to-stop-giving-sinovac-and-astrazeneca-vaccines-from-june-14th

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

From Richard Barrow(does not sound logical, TIT?):

There’s still much confusion about the vaccination process for foreigners. The other week, Khun

said we will be able to use the Bangrak Vaccination & Health Center. But, they are saying “booking must go through the embassy of your country. Walk in is not accepted”.