Speed of Transferwise/Wise from UK

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your screen shot is different to mine, usually says when they've received your money, yours says "you used your THB balance" is that a borderless THB balance you have? maybe different rules for that, if you did a transfer 5.07am what currency?

Yes, I transfer from GBP into my THB account as & when the rate is good, and then at the start of each month I transfer THB to my Bkk Bank in THB of course. I find it a very sensible way of doing things. Cannot see why it should be any different though. If money from GBP account is converted into THB and then sent, but who knows, who really cares as long as the dosh gets to my bank as a Foreign Transfer in a day or so.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

haven't you read any of the previous 1000 posts? ok I'll explain yet again, if you want an FTT transfer for Bangkok Bank you have to select long term stay or buying a property and it will settle 2pm and be delayed, otherwise it will settle much faster.

Anyway you are Kasikorn, no issue with them so not sure why you're here

But Immigration have nothing to do with it, they simply look at the Transfer details, FTT or not.

Kasikorn's Credit Advice shows that the deposit came from abroad but it is not noted as such on your statement or in your bank book, so you need a separate paper to prove that to the Imm Man.

Anyway, as you say there have been 1000s of posts on this subject, some agreeing and some not.

Basically, if you want your Wise transfer to arrive on say Wednesday, send it on Monday. If you need it to show as a Foreign deposit, ask Wise to tag the account if it is with Bangkok Bank, and always tick Long Term Stay.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

As before I genuinely have no idea what you guys are doing here with these delays

What I'll do next month is video a transfer via Wise in real time and upload it here via some media if I can

I do not understand why some have difficulties (well I do you're flagged)  and others dont (me) !

Edited for clarity.....thats Royal Bank of Scotland via Wise to SCB and it doesnt matter what reason for transfer is (as its purely audit control as I've said 101 times before)

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chivas said:

As before I genuinely have no idea what you guys are doing here with these delays

What I'll do next month is video a transfer via Wise in real time and upload it here via some media if I can

I do not understand why some have difficulties (well I do you're flagged)  and others dont (me) !

Edited for clarity.....thats Royal Bank of Scotland via Wise to SCB and it doesnt matter what reason for transfer is (as its purely audit control as I've said 101 times before)

this guy never learns

• Haha 2

Sorry a little bit OT because it's not from the UK, but if you're sending money from anywhere at the moment beware of the Songkran public holidays so it will take longer.... E.g. a couple of minutes ago I did an (SGD) transfer from Singapore to Thailand & the expected date of arrival for my money is 18th April. 

In fairness I did get a warning that there are public holidays in Thailand at the moment so my transfer would take longer than usual but I thought the official Songkran Holidays were 2-3 days so expected to get the cash on Friday (15th) not Monday (18th). 

19 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Sorry a little bit OT because it's not from the UK, but if you're sending money from anywhere at the moment beware of the Songkran public holidays so it will take longer.... E.g. a couple of minutes ago I did an (SGD) transfer from Singapore to Thailand & the expected date of arrival for my money is 18th April. 

In fairness I did get a warning that there are public holidays in Thailand at the moment so my transfer would take longer than usual but I thought the official Songkran Holidays were 2-3 days so expected to get the cash on Friday (15th) not Monday (18th). 

I didn't think computers had holidays.

Well Asena Now's doesn't

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Holiday is 13/14/15 then 16/17 is weekend.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Holiday is 13/14/15 then 16/17 is weekend.

Thanks, I had it in my head that Songkran started today so the 3 day public holiday would be 12-14th & business as usual on the 15th. 

It doesn't matter as there isn't an urgent need for the money but 6 days would be by far the longest a Wise transfer has ever taken.