Vaccination registration opens for foreigners in all Phuket businesses

webfact

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

“The registration for foreigners is now open for all kinds of businesses. You can register to get vaccinated right now,” he said.

All kinds of businesses, but not all kinds of foreigners. Hmm

Thailands priorities are different to the rest of the world.

Forget the elder generation, forget the sick, forget the unemployed, just inoculate a resort for profit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, pookiki said:

It would appear that Phuket has become the focal point in Thailand for COVID-19 vaccinations for purely economic reasons that may or may not be viable in 'restarting' tourism in one province in Thailand. As for the vulnerable groups of people outside of Phuket (and in Phuket itself)  - we will have to wait and see.  And for foreigners in Thailand, it will certainly be more 'wait' than 'see'.

I would say Phuket is the focal point as a trial, nit 'for purely economical reasons'.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fishtank said:

So retirees are gonna be left to rot.

21 hours ago, Thailand said:

So the aged and more at risk are left behind?

Not being first or second in line doesn't mean being left out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Just Phuket? Why not nationwide?

is this all going to be province by province, location by location?

Yesterday the deputy or por dor, wife's nephew, was whizzing around the village with a pre filled list of residents to get their signature for vaccination. As the current lone expat, he asked me if I wanted to sign up. Happy to, I added my name and signature. added

Day 1 since then.... We'll see what will happen, especially as the elections are just a couple of months away...

Not nationwide because it would be unwise to start opening up on a grand scale. Phuket is acting as the guinea pig here.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thailand said:

So the aged and more at risk are left behind?

I am in the above group,i have followed the rules regarding restrictions,staying at home etc,and would quite happily do it for a longer period, as ì firmly believe that getting the working age population vaccinated first is the way to go,to expedite communities getting back to normality,and getting the World economies' up and running again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thailands priorities are different to the rest of the world.

Forget the elder generation, forget the sick, forget the unemployed, just inoculate a resort for profit.

For once i agree with the Bangkok Brains Trust,way to go IMHO.

2 hours ago, Know not me said:

They already have the information on 99% of the people in Thailand. Both Thai thru ID and farang

thru Immigration and 90 day reports. Why do you need to register ????? They already have it

Why do you need to register ????? They already have it...

They love paper!!! T.I.T.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im not sure about that I see no indication of a load of Chinese coming to Phuket, according to Booking.com their stats say going by the country the most people looking or searching is from Russia and there does seem a lot of Russians about

It appears that the reaction to my post shows that there has been a severe outbreak of humour loss today. Okay.

7 hours ago, joe jadore said:

Dear Rocket Scientist Gov folks,

So comforting to know BUSINESS people ($$$) in Phuket will be registered & vax'd! 

What the heck does that mean for the WHITE DEVILS in the rest of Thailand!!!???

Your jabbing thousands of Thais every day in BKK, = GREAT, but are our arms/shoulders just too much of a RACIAL hurdle for you to contemplate? This is pure, plain, simple, TRANSPARENT racism! For the whole world to see!

Your Tourisim Minister might want to consider the adverse affect this will have on the Thai economy in the future! 

Yet I still LOVE Thai people, Gov not so much!

Oh, not the 'racist' card again...

The whole world shows favoritism regarding its own family for example. The whole world. A wealthy father will buy a luxury car for his son, and ignore the family next door who has financial trouble at the end of each month. Same.

People generally take care of their own family before anyone else. Just the way tit is.

So Thailand is taking care of its people, and will get to visitors when the time comes.

Nothing to do with race.

What would you think would happen to a Thai who got citizenship in America for example, here on vacation, no national ID, simply no longer part of the extended family of Thai people.

Wait it would be....

18 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Oh, not the 'racist' card again...

The whole world shows favoritism regarding its own family for example. The whole world. A wealthy father will buy a luxury car for his son, and ignore the family next door who has financial trouble at the end of each month. Same.

People generally take care of their own family before anyone else. Just the way tit is.

So Thailand is taking care of its people, and will get to visitors when the time comes.

Nothing to do with race.

What would you think would happen to a Thai who got citizenship in America for example, here on vacation, no national ID, simply no longer part of the extended family of Thai people.

Wait it would be....

What a STUPID reply, people die from Covid, whether they are Thai or USA/Aust etc, nothing to do with helping out neighbors. USA/Aust/UK do NOT discriminate on race/color Thais are being vaccinated in such countries exactly the same as their own citizens!!!!!! So forget your race card BS! 

My arm is the same as yours. This Gov changes its mind every single day, June 1st, June 7th, August, maybe September. We didn't bring covid to Thailand, the Chinese spread it all over the world. I don't see race I see people, I've been color blind by CHOICE all my life. 

For all the tea in China us farang will be the last to get vaccinated, as of 3 pm this afternoon my wife is in Phuket International hospital and she has asked for me, No Hab was the reply OK when? mai roo but you can book, maybe June or July so I doesnt matter how much money you have you aint getting a <deleted> jab

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

For all the tea in China us farang will be the last to get vaccinated, as of 3 pm this afternoon my wife is in Phuket International hospital and she has asked for me, No Hab was the reply OK when? mai roo but you can book, maybe June or July so I doesnt matter how much money you have you aint getting a <deleted> jab

My wife got first jab today. Me ..... no idea. Guess when pay jab available,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

My wife got first jab today. Me ..... no idea. Guess when pay jab available,

Same, will get it when the good stuff arrives, don't want the Chinese stuff anyway!

Orchid resort was busy yesterday.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:06 PM, joe jadore said:

What a STUPID reply, people die from Covid, whether they are Thai or USA/Aust etc, nothing to do with helping out neighbors. USA/Aust/UK do NOT discriminate on race/color Thais are being vaccinated in such countries exactly the same as their own citizens!!!!!! So forget your race card BS! 

My arm is the same as yours. This Gov changes its mind every single day, June 1st, June 7th, August, maybe September. We didn't bring covid to Thailand, the Chinese spread it all over the world. I don't see race I see people, I've been color blind by CHOICE all my life. 

Hehe, a bit confused as you seem there.

Actually, liberal countries are HELPING people from other countries. That is the basis of immigration policies in liberal countries. USA CANADA, both have now a liberal government.

Thailand is different. Immigrants or visitors want to come to Thailand, must show money first. Just the way it is.

But I agree with you, not a race issue, but a nationality issue, in some countries.

The best I could do now do to the confusion in your text.