Thailand aims to vaccinate 70% of people by September

webfact

aiming, aiming, aiming, aiming, blah blah blah blah.......

Never actually DOING though.

They talk the talk but hardly ever walk the walk.

Edited by WineOh

This regime is more likely to make a successful porcine-avian cross than vaccinate 70% of the population EVER.

The mass-delusion meter on this "government" is pegged - I keep tapping it and it stays pegged.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is aiming to administer one shot of a coronavirus vaccine to 70% of its population by September, its health minister said on Wednesday, as it seeks to provide protection for more people faster amid its deadliest outbreak so far.

So now it's only one shot per person, not July, not August but now September.... that's not faster that's getting slower month by month.

great work Prayut.

Ohhh and open up the country to international tourism.. I somehow don't think they will accept one shot Thailand.

• Like 1

Thank you for letting us know. 

70% of the population - and what percentage for foreigners? 

If my calculations are correct so far, the aliens - 0%

Edited by ChrisKC
Typo

"by September" - just kicking the can down the road: no doubt, it's seen today as a date sufficiently far away, to take some pressure off the Czar.

Just wondering:

- who are the 70% and why was that percentage was chosen

- what's the plan for the second dose

-if a single dose is deemed to be of use, why have politicans had their second dose before others have received their first dose

Even the UK, which does have the vaccine supply and what has become a fairly efficient system of vaccination per age groups and with a similar population to Thailand, has managed just over 55% of its population as of today.

This committee seriously needs to start looking at their own Government departments.

X5s0QMN.jpg.4b581ae088faca80f428186945b7b339.jpg

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

No, I think you are wrong, it's more like 500,000 shots a day for 1st shots, but dependent on how long they leave the second dose it could have to be up to a million shots a day. Either that or they'll be saying no first doses after September as they have to give the 2nd dose before 12 weeks runs out.

Thailand based on this roll out will need 30,000,000 doses of vaccine a day in the near future - I seriously cannot see that being available

I have this nasty feeling that at some point Thailand will run out of 2nd doses and nullify the 1st dose or something daft.

I'm not following your math.  How do you get to 30 million a day? 

Total population is 70 million. 90 days to give 50 million their 1st shot is doable if they can get enough vaccine.

Edited by shdmn

Yes maybe 70 percent will get their first shot by September. When will all the population have gotten their

2nd shot of vaccine? By the end of 2022, if we are lucky.  Just a thought of the whole process, and maybe some can get Moderna or Pfizer as their 2nd shot.

Mix and match.   Interesting to see what the future will look like.  Oh I guess the rich elite will all have their 2nd shots a lot earlier than 2022,

but what percentage of the Thai population is that?

Geezer

• Like 1

Simple maths says that’s 375 k shots per day average between today and the end of September. Add to that the number of second shots requiring to be administered and you could be looking at 500-600 k shots average administered per day. That is one massive logistics exercise. Hope it happens but I’m not optimistic.

12 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes maybe 70 percent will get their first shot by September. When will all the population have gotten their

2nd shot of vaccine? By the end of 2022, if we are lucky.  Just a thought of the whole process, and maybe some can get Moderna or Pfizer as their 2nd shot.

Mix and match.   Interesting to see what the future will look like.  Oh I guess the rich elite will all have their 2nd shots a lot earlier than 2022,

but what percentage of the Thai population is that?

Geezer

Umm...90 days for 1st shot and then another 90 days for 2nd shot.  What part of that math do you not understand?

I'm not saying they can do it but it is doable if they can get enough vaccine.

Edited by shdmn

Oh, dear.  Not another 'aims'...  Meanwhile, the article was very vague on when all these vaccines will arrive.  The longer the delay, the more vaccines will have to be administered each day to meet the target. 

My geuss is a lot of people that did business with anutin in construction where promised a skyscraper and highrise condominiums but got a 2 story building . First they promise to vaccinate 70% by october but because there are no vaccines they want to keep the promise of 70% so now they say only 1 shot . Even in the sopy massage these days 1 shot for 70% of the price seems a bit high ???? O well since Anutin is smoking the best !@#$ himself every day he and all his nr's are high . But really this s.h.i.t is umbelivable how can they let this man open his mouth everytime is there really nobody that does something about this ?? I thought loss of face was such a big thing here in Thailand . I think Anutin has had over a 100 facetransplants done because he lost his quit a lot over the years .

35 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

According to their procuremnt schedule (see below) they will have manufactured/ordered 40 million doses at most. This would amount to fully vacinating 33% (2 doses) of the Thai adult population of 60 million.  The Health minister should stop spreading misinformation and false hope. Based on the facts released by the Thai government themselves the Health Minister is speaking nonsense.

3968651.jpg

Isn't he always !!

1 hour ago, bdenner said:

So what is Anutin and the Czar going to do if this happens as in the Seychelles?:-

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-20/covid-surging-in-seychelles-worlds-most-vaccinated-country-why/100151306

It can happen to any country.  The jabs do not 100% prevent you from getting sick.  The ones used in the Seychelles aren't the best, but as stated in many articles, they do keep you out of the ICU or from dying.

We've got a long way to go before this virus is defeated.